Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hello CubeCrafters!

So 2020 is now behind us, and it was a rough year as we can all admit. We hope everyone is staying safe in these extraordinary times.

At the start of 2020, we changed how we ran CubeCraft. We set ourselves some hefty goals: time to be more open, more creative and deliver amazing content to our players. Time to be a better CubeCraft! :cube_light:

I was one of the new admins at the start of 2020. So it's been a pretty interesting year for me to have worked with the various teams dealing with our community and products. Very different from when I joined back in 2014 as a stone user wanting to appeal for my mute... 😂

📈 Team CubeCraft & Growth!

In 2020, we smashed our previous server player record, reaching a massive count of 48,489 players! 🎉
We're now seeing nearly 40 thousand concurrent players globally every day, with millions of total unique players, and 102,294,514 games played... that's 102 MILLION!
  • Team CubeCraft currently sits at 125 members in total!
  • Design team has grown from 20 to 33!
  • Moderation team has grown from around 20 to 40+
  • Development team has grown from 4 to 20!
  • Translator team has grown from 0 to 26!
  • There have been countless promotions from helper to moderator, designer to sr designer. We even welcomed our wonderful Translation Team volunteers to staff by introducing Translator! ♥️
Our socials have all grown, make sure to follow if you haven't already! 🥺
Twitter | Instagram | Discord | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

🎮 Games & Releases!

2020 was an incredible year for our gaming servers, with so many updates and game releases, it was a crazy year! Last year we had around 30 game updates and releases, that's a lot of content to play and enjoy. Along with that, we had roughly 14 huge map updates, the builders did an awesome job!

Our Bedrock network had the most of the new games, and had a lot of supporting content:
Bedrock has been treated like royalty 👑 Java also received many of the same updates Bedrock edition got, as we love to keep them in sync.

For brand new 2020 game releases, last year was not shy! We had 4 incredible and awesome releases:
Carving Chaos - Released October 1st 2020

Among Slimes! - Released October 26th 2020

Colony Control! - Released December 1st 2020

The last two brand new game releases were seasonal, with Halloween and Winter. CubeCraft has never been shy when it comes to going all out on seasonal content, we love it and we're proud of the content we make for our community during these seasonal events! We hope you've enjoyed playing them as much as we've loved making them!

Spring 2020 content!

Summer 2020 content!

Halloween 2020 content!

Winter 2020 content!

The Rebrand
1611681608329.png

We wanted to become a better CubeCraft a new CubeCraft so we rebranded our logo, style guidelines and the main thing, our forums! - And we must say, it's beautiful! ❤️
  • Forums - A brand new layout! Updated our featuring community posts, added pretty forum icons, we even added new emojis :babyyoda: :pride::faceplant::cube_light::cube_dark:
  • Discord - We also rebranded our Discord, changing its layout, channels, the lot. We implemented giveaways!
  • Passport - Recently we introduced CubeCraft Passport which allows players to link their Minecraft accounts, Java & Bedrock, as well as their Discord, to keep everything in one location, and this is only the start for Passport!

🎨 CubeCraft Design!

The design team had some ambitious goals over 2020. We wanted to grow and release a ridiculous amount of content, especially within the Minecraft Marketplace! We wanted to innovate and bring exciting new content that has never been seen before.
  • More Marketplace releases - During 2020 we have released 30 worlds, 41 skin packs and 1 resource pack!
  • Publisher - We have published the talented artist Mizuno on the Marketplace working with a translator.
  • Provide more opportunities - Our team has expanded rapidly, we have gained more variation in roles within video, behaviour, redstone etc. The design team has collectively worked over 10,000 hours this year - I'm not even exaggerating!
  • More server content - With the multiple game releases, we always worked with the development team to release more map content alongside. We released many map updates throughout Summer and Winter.
  • Loot content -The team has strived to released more advanced and regular 3D models for loot content throughout the Bedrock platform, from buddies, to flag skins to furniture!

Some of the work we are most proud of on the Marketplace:
If you would like to see more Behind the Scenes of our Marketplace content, be sure to read our Marketplace Highlights!

Introducing new lobbies - our SkyWars Lobby on Bedrock!
RenderFinalJPEG (1).jpg

🤓 Development & Technology!

The Development team needed to grow rapidly during 2020. That's exactly what we did, we identified where we needed people and went on an aggressive recruitment drive! It was fantastic to even bring back a familiar face this year, considering we had to say goodbye to them during the difficult times of 2018.
  • Protocol and Platform - We want to make our Bedrock platform more user friendly, accessible and to constantly crush any bugs that arise as quickly as possible! Now Rubik isn't the only one working on our Bedrock platform, we have a dedicated team for it!
  • Game - Games are what's fun, it's what keeps people playing. One of our greatest achievements this year was creating Among Slimes in less than 10 days. We have more game developers than ever, which allowed us to port so many of our Java games to the Bedrock network!
  • Content - We need to retain our playerbase by providing quality of life updates, bug fixes and frequent loot updates. We've seen a lot of new loot on our server, from ranks to game skins - these help you personalise the game to your liking! We pride ourselves on putting money back into our team, so these purchases really help our running costs. 💙
  • Anticheat - People were very mad at Sentinel, and rightfully so! We made a big decision on bringing on 3 anticheat developers to tackle this massive game of cat and mouse.
  • Infrastructure - We were faced with massive growth during 2020 which led to a lot of calls to our data centre asking for more dedodated wam! Our team has grown rapidly in recent months, and we plan on making a more stable and accessible network for all players around the world! Also, yes we know you want US servers, we do too!
  • Translations - We have published over 105k individual translations! We now provide support for more languages making our network more accessible by everyone around the world. Our Translation Team Heads have been working on lots of improvements inside of the Translation Team, and soon we're expecting to open applications for that and start growing the team again!
Interested in learning more about technology within CubeCraft? Make sure to read some of our older posts
We've sent around 15 Petabytes of data throughout of 2020, which is 15000 Terabytes, which equals to 15,000,000 Gigabytes, which equals to 15,000,000,000 Megabytes... 15 BILLION! Good luck putting that on a memory stick.

⏰ The Future of CubeCraft Games!

For 2021! We want continued growth within our teams, social platforms, and of course our server! More games? You bet! We want to target for more supporting content & quality of life updates for you all to try out... even from different regions of the world. We will still make mistakes:monkeylook: Beta EggWars :monkeylookaway:, and we're glad you have all stuck by us throughout them. However our goals remain the same, to make CubeCraft a place of quality and fun, and to make it safe and accessible to all!

Thank you everyone for your continued support, we wouldn't be here without you, we love you all!💙
Stay Safe!

TLDR:
2019 🔥🔥🔥 2020🔥🚒📈 2021 🎇🙌📈

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 469419

This has been an amazing year regarding to cube, Thanks for this Youn!

• There have been countless promotions from helper to moderator, designer to sr designer. We even welcomed our wonderful Translation Team volunteers to staff by introducing Translator! ♥️

And we hope it will continue growing up! 😜

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
It's been an amazing year. I got promoted to helper and then to moderator, I met a lot of nice and fantastic people who taught me a lot of stuff, I became a Translations Team Head and oh dear oh dear I love it there😅I'm grateful for every chance I got given and for everyone I've met due to those chances.

Thank you for the amazing updates and thank you for asking the community for help, you've been working very hard last year and trust me you did an amazing job.

Thanks for an amazing year and lets hope Cubecraft will continue growing in 2021 :)

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
Dang. I remember in the beginning of 2020 when Rubik was the only one working on Bedrock bugs. Poor guy was getting pinged 30 times a day on discord about bugs 😂😂😂 it’s amazing to see how much improvement has been made for Bedrock. Amazing work! Let’s see what 2021 has in store for Cubecraft!

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
2020 in my eyes, even with ups and downs, was the best year for Cubecraft. So many new things happening, so many great updates, and the community feels more alive than ever. We got so many new and amazing staff members and amazing holiday events. Even though Beta Egg Wars was viewed as a low point I think it was actually needed. In the end me complaining about it a lot on discord allowed for an unofficial community discussing to open up and more transparency to be allowed between players and the staff team. Not only did Cubecraft listen, they made changes and work with us. Without Beta Egg Wars happening we might not be at the same point we are now. And while there have still been update here or there I may not like, there are still efforts to discuss these changes and allow players to give feedback and options which is a huge step up from the past and signals a bright future. I am very happy with Cubecraft and I am so happy to be apart of this community in a time like this. I cannot wait to see what 2021 will bring, I always look forward to large updates, seasonal content, map updates, you name it. I have a feeling Cube will not disappoint this year. (:

CKelting262

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 14, 2020
The Internet
Amazing year CubeCraft. Can't wait to see what 2021 will bring! and nice summery Younisco :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Younisco

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Damn... I can write a long essay here, but it all comes to the point that I can't be more proud of everyone who's survived last year and contributed to CubeCraft as well as everything else in real-life for the past year! Much love to everyone xx

Reactions: Younisco

Headqche

Nov 1, 2019
I have been proud of how the server has been growing again ever since I joined in 2016.
Love the community and the staff members that try their best to keep it as what it is now, good job guys, you're all doing a great job :)

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Definitely a great year! I became active on the forums, met amazing people, and even started an external CubeCraft community with a lot of cool people and received the ECO role!
I have really enjoyed the amazing content you all brought us. You’re doing an amazing job and are all amazing! :heart:

I’m sure 2021 will be an amazing year as well! Let’s goooooo 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Reactions: Efcluke94
Top Bottom