Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should be there barriers on top of the arenas? Or should the arenas be moved up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
Hello there, you've all noticed that there are a lot of players who camp by just e-pearling up or building, when you try reaching them they just push you out of the map or push you down to your death.

Solution
1. Add barrier blocks on top of the arenas

Like, one layer on top of the arena to block the campers from building up to the wall

2. Might be an Annoying one; move the maps up.

Move them up like, let the arena touch the world build limit so they can't build higher than the arena

My opinion: first one, it's easier to do, and more efficient.

Note: I'm not sure if anyone did a similar thread, I've searched and found nothing, please tell if there is one.

Please give your opinion about it and add more suggestions :3

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
I agree. A lot of campers do this kind of stuff and it just frustrates me a lot. The best solution is, in myopinion, also the first one ;)

Reactions: Saevire
D

Deleted member 169486

This might count as a sky base, which you can report people for.

Reactions: Nitalo

Nitalo

Apr 30, 2016
While, these may seem to get rid of the problem I have to bring up other issues that may rise.
That is one of my friends has a nasty habit of building bridges under all the islands to remain hidden and he has in fact built a dome once under center so how will we stop them?
Also we have tnt blocks you can buy in the shops currently so if they build a platform you can make a mini-tnt cannon to knock the ground out from underneath them.
Another issue I see is with the barrier blocks is throwing an enderpearl and then hitting said barrier blocks this could mean instant death even if you manage to land in Normal, and in Over Powered there is still the void to worry about.
For moving the Arenas up to the build limit we have to look at how easy you are making it to lose a war of attrition since in a sky base you would have no Villlagers to shop from and no generators to gain resources from also if they build straight up you can wait them out directly under them and if they build a staircase up think about all the time you have to shoot them before they reach their destinaton.
I would be happy to have a debate this and see if you can convince me who is firm in the beliefs that we don't need to have any changes to the maps.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
The build limit was already lowered last time I checked and you can't use all 32 blocks in the eggwars kit to tower up. Anyway this can't be completely removed and I find it fun to learn how to deal with this as it can be used in other games. Typically the easiest way to beat someone who builds up is to conserve blocks and mine up through the walls until you can't get any higher.

Reactions: Nitalo

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
I'm talking about duels o.o

Also might be my bad for not making it obv that it's about duels >.> I have no prob in eggwars Skywars or anything, sorry if I confused anyone

I made the thread on phone, always forget something when am on phone

The build limit was already lowered last time I checked and you can't use all 32 blocks in the eggwars kit to tower up. Anyway this can't be completely removed and I find it fun to learn how to deal with this as it can be used in other games. Typically the easiest way to beat someone who builds up is to conserve blocks and mine up through the walls until you can't get any higher.

Well someone was able to build higher than the arena yesterday, maybe it's about the arena too

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
No Camping/Skybasing
Camping refers to intentionally isolating yourself from your opponent to force a game into a stalemate. Skybasing is a form of camping in which you make a base high in the sky out of reach of most players. Neither of these are allowed. Fortifying your island to protect your egg in Eggwars does not qualify as camping.
So yeah. You can report them with video evidence after you gave him/her/them a warning.

Guinchuu

Dedicated Member
Apr 26, 2016
Cubecraft Inc.
www.cubecraft.net
How @iCheeetah has said, always you can report them. Also it is true, that if there a camper in your game spoils the experience completely. Probably it might limit the height, but this would be complicated because every map has a different composition

:)

Lexply

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2017
So yeah. You can report them with video evidence after you gave him/her/them a warning.
Isn't it better to get rid of the whole camping thing? Like it wastes our time, and staff time checking the report, logs, video, screenshots. .-.

They can still build 1x1 towers though, it's impossible to stop noobs lol

CaptaiinAmerica

Oct 19, 2016
rubik_cube_man's house
Hello there, you've all noticed that there are a lot of players who camp by just e-pearling up or building, when you try reaching them they just push you out of the map or push you down to your death.

Solution

Like, one layer on top of the arena to block the campers from building up to the wall

Move them up like, let the arena touch the world build limit so they can't build higher than the arena

Note: I'm not sure if anyone did a similar thread, I've searched and found nothing, please tell if there is one.

I agree fully, and It gets pretty annoying with the players who have to sit there for so long trying to get this person from camping, and there may be sometimes they end up failing. So, it's a good thing to add barrier blocks so they can't go up so high and sit there for so long.

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I don't like your suggestion against campers. You are suggestion for campers that have made a base and they are camping on their base. Less campers make a base above on eggwars. We have the map space where you can build to the sun and There is a diamond generator, if we should add this can't we build to there. You can also report people that are skybasing.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth

I like this idea but..
1. It shouldn't be flat, it should be curved and be a somewhat dome shape, because enderpearls do not travel in a straight path and curve.
2. Instead of barriers use glass since it could be seen by players for them to know what is the 'border' limit.

I find the second choice to be much more easier to do, and requires less effort + it doesn't change the map appearance. (only issue is some maps are really tall meaning maps may vary in the build limit height. Just a simple //cut and //paste [worldedit commands] would do the trick)

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Reporting
reporting
#1 Why repeat the same message twice in 2 different posts?
#2 This is considered necro-posting and is against the forum rules. " 15 - No pointless threads or posts." which also leads to post farming (collecting extra posts) "13- Do not "like farm" or "post farm". Anyone caught doing so will be warned. If you continue, your main account will be banned along side any alts."
#3 Could you please explain more.

Reactions: Ducky

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
#1 Why repeat the same message twice in 2 different posts?
#2 This is considered necro-posting and is against the forum rules. " 15 - No pointless threads or posts." which also leads to post farming (collecting extra posts) "13- Do not "like farm" or "post farm". Anyone caught doing so will be warned. If you continue, your main account will be banned along side any alts."
#3 Could you please explain more.
That isn't considered necro-posting. That's considered message farming or double-posting.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017

Solution

I don't like if the map is moving up or something like that! You can't stop camping i think we just need to live with that type of players !
Stay happy!
-Gaaabb

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I don't like your suggestion against campers. You are suggestion for campers that have made a base and they are camping on their base. Less campers make a base above on eggwars. We have the map space where you can build to the sun and There is a diamond generator, if we should add this can't we build to there. You can also report people that are skybasing.
okay I can see the misconception here but they aren't talking about Eggwars they are talking about duels
this is an oddly unspecific suggestion at first the thread creator confirms this later
I'm talking about duels o.o
That isn't considered necro-posting. That's considered message farming or double-posting.
double posting was orginally also referred to as necroposting but since the forum rules changed from the separate thread by Tlmlord to be at the bottom of the in game rules they changed it to post farming
2. Instead of barriers use glass since it could be seen by players for them to know what is the 'border' limit.
wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the suggestion so far in all the kits that have blocks in them also allow you to be able to break blocks so you could just break the glass in any normal kit it would only stop players in custom kits from doing this
which is where I get to the part that I find this idea pointless
as I just said pretty much all kits that have blocks also allow players to break blocks for obvious reasons... with that in mind players could just climb ontop of these due to the use of being able to break the map
also what use would this do on the map pic-nic not too say that doesn't mean any maps but all maps wouldn't work for other reasons I just explained
that wouldn't do anything in cases when people use explosions to get up also on with kits like Normal and Soup - 1.9 Warrior which have an elytra with them
or any custom kit that has an elytra could just fly for so long since you are so high up in the air

The NightGhost02

Feb 26, 2017
For a graveyard in Sweden
www.cubecraft.net
If we add a boarder of barriers or Move the maps up. Some players just going to camp at the boarder so it make no different some players still going to camp. So I think it's a bit pointless ;) But it make so they can't get to high up so it make it easier to to fight against them so I agree with placing barriers.:)

But good suggestion :)

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom