Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
This thread is aimed at Java players, considering the version.

I know it’s very, VERY, unlike myself to create a random thread like this with some simple questions, but I have some questions for the general audience that I just need answers to as I’m planning a little something. 👀

This thread is about game modifications. In particular, I’d love to know if anyone of you remembers the good ol’ mods that were really popular back in the day and you’d now call “OG”. Due to my curiosity, I have a few questions for the audience here. A lot of the questions are aimed towards people who do know a tad bit about mods, but anyone is allowed to answer.

1) How long have you been playing Minecraft?

2) Have you had experience with modded clients? (Includes clients such as Lunar and LabyMod, and mods like OptiFine)

3) Have you had any experience with game modifications that aren’t based on improving performance and/or are clients? (Mods that actually add new features to the game, such as dimensions, mobs, etc.)

4) Have you had any experience playing or installing modpacks?

5) If you’ve had experience with no. 3, which would you say is your favourite mod? (Or if you’ve seen modded gameplay.)

6) What would you consider an “OG” mod?

7) Do you know of any “old” or “OG” mods, and if so, which?

8) Have you ever seen or watched modded content or gameplay from content creators? If so, did you enjoy it? What is your view on this?

9) If you happen to know any, especially popular ones (or ones that used to be regarded to as popular), what mods would you recommend?

10) Which version (Java version, not Java vs Bedrock) do you consider the most interesting

I hope at least a few people reply. I’d love to hear about your experiences and opinions, and reflect on my own thoughts about certain modifications and possibly increase my knowledge about existing mods.

Stijnnn_

Jan 4, 2021
Bamboo forest

I know it’s very, VERY, unlike myself to create a random thread like this with some simple questions, but I have some questions for the general audience that I just need answers to as I’m planning a little something. 👀

This thread is about game modifications. In particular, I’d love to know if anyone of you remembers the good ol’ mods that were really popular back in the day and you’d now call “OG”. Due to my curiosity, I have a few questions for the audience here. A lot of the questions are aimed towards people who do know a tad bit about mods, but anyone is allowed to answer.

1) How long have you been playing Minecraft?

2) Have you had experience with modded clients? (Includes clients such as Lunar and LabyMod, and mods like OptiFine)

3) Have you had any experience with game modifications that aren’t based on improving performance and/or are clients? (Mods that actually add new features to the game, such as dimensions, mobs, etc.)

4) Have you had any experience playing or installing modpacks?

5) If you’ve had experience with no. 3, which would you say is your favourite mod? (Or if you’ve seen modded gameplay.)

6) What would you consider an “OG” mod?

7) Do you know of any “old” or “OG” mods, and if so, which?

8) Have you ever seen or watched modded content or gameplay from content creators? If so, did you enjoy it? What is your view on this?

9) If you happen to know any, especially popular ones (or ones that used to be regarded to as popular), what mods would you recommend?

10) Which version (Java version, not Java vs Bedrock) do you consider the most interesting

I hope at least a few people reply. I’d love to hear about your experiences and opinions, and reflect on my own thoughts about certain modifications and possibly increase my knowledge about existing mods.
1) I'm not sure, I think since 1.14 or something.

2) Yes! I've played on forge fabric badlion labymod lunarclient featherclient and optifine!

3) Yes! Really just the mods I played with you haha

4) Again, yes, the ones you made xD

5) Has to be create

6) I have no idea

7) I think I do I just dont know which ones

8) Nop, I haven't (yet)

9) Create, and I really enjoyed the aether mod!

10) Hmm 1.18.2 I really enjoy, but 1.7.10 was very fun too!

Reactions: Hoshi

FoxFil_

Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2021
Moscow, Russia
foxfil.xyz
Pronouns
He/Him
1) Pocket Edition for 4-5 years, 2 years Java

2) Yes

3) Yes

4) Yes

5) I like OptiFine because my cape is so cool, also replay mod is super nice :D

6) & 7) I have no idea

8) Not really

9) OptiFine, Replay Mod

10) The latest one. new things are always cool :D (Frogs <3 <3 <3 )

AnolTongi

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 18, 2020
Turkey
Hai :p
1) since around 1.0

2) ya, I used 5Zig and OptiFine before.

3) I love modded survival, so yeah.

4) I make my own modpacks sometimes so yup.

5) Thermal- series are the best ones for me, they are a must download.

6) A mod which has been around for a long time?

7) I believe Galacticraft is fairly old, maybe NEI? Same goes with Tinker's Construct and so on.

8) I did, and I spent a lot of time watching. It was fun!

9) For tech mod nerds: Galacticraft, IC2, Immersive Engineering, Simply Jetpacks, Thermal Expansions(and variants), AE2, Mekanism, Minefactory Reloaded and so on. For magic people: Thaumcraft, Botania, Astral Sorcery, Blood Magic and stuff, I don't play a lot of magic modded stuff. And now, for our adventurers: Twilight Forest, Galacticraft(yes once again) More Planets, Biomes o' Plenty. For the last, we have some basic mods for our builders: WorldEdit, Pam's Harvestcraft (cool looking plants :D), Bibliocraft, Decocraft and Chisel possibly.

10) 1.5.2 was really interesting when it came out, but when I look back now, I can say it was probably 1.16, I LOVED that update, same actually goes with the new caves tho xD
That's all folks, I might add more mods later on.

FoxFil_

Dedicated Member
Jul 5, 2021
Moscow, Russia
foxfil.xyz
Pronouns
He/Him
Hai :p
1) since around 1.0

2) ya, I used 5Zig and OptiFine before.

3) I love modded survival, so yeah.

4) I make my own modpacks sometimes so yup.

5) Thermal- series are the best ones for me, they are a must download.

6) A mod which has been around for a long time?

7) I believe Galacticraft is fairly old, maybe NEI? Same goes with Tinker's Construct and so on.

8) I did, and I spent a lot of time watching. It was fun!

9) For tech mod nerds: Galacticraft, IC2, Immersive Engineering, Simply Jetpacks, Thermal Expansions(and variants), AE2, Mekanism, Minefactory Reloaded and so on. For magic people: Thaumcraft, Botania, Astral Sorcery, Blood Magic and stuff, I don't play a lot of magic modded stuff. And now, for our adventurers: Twilight Forest, Galacticraft(yes once again) More Planets, Biomes o' Plenty and stuff. For the last, we have some basic mods for our builders: WorldEdit, Pam's Harvestcraft (cool looking plants :D), Bibliocraft, Decocraft and Chisel possibly.

10) 1.5.2 was really interesting when it came out, but when I look back now, I can say it was probably 1.16, I LOVED that update, same actually goes with the new caves tho xD
That's all folks, I might add more mdod
Space mod (that was on streams) 😍😍😍

Reactions: Hoshi and AnolTongi

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town

1) Since 1.16.40 on Bedrock & since June on Java

2) 0 experience

3) Not really

4) No, ive made addons before on Bedrock though.

5) Aether mod is cool

6) Idk

7) NO

8) I have watched modded gameplay but I don't like it if it changes the game drastically.

9) Idk

10) 1.19, I like everything (for the most part) about it. I don't like 1.19.1+ cuz of chat reporting, and I don't like 1.8.9 and below because of the lack of content even though 1.8 PVP is superior (in my opinion).

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
1. Since early 2016

2. Yes, I used to have 5zig mod for prison servers because it had hotkeys for certain repetitive commands, it was meta! After a while I went to Labymod for 2 years, mainly for cube. I switched to CaloriMod the second it came out. (1 year ago) Obviously Optifine has always been there for any client I used and even when playing survival I had optifine.

3. I have been playing on Wynncraft with their community mod Wynntills for 3 years, using it to the fullest. I'm also a big fan/twitch viewer and casual Vault Hunters player, this is very modded and includes a bunch of popular mods besides the actual gameplay. I have a few hours of watching Ragnamod VI but decided I didn't like it after like 10h.

4. See previous answer, I am a complete noob when it comes to installing tho, and I always need help from someone with more knowledge and experience when redownloading or playing for the first time...

5. While I love the whole idea of Vault Hunters, its a bit much for me and I rather have Wynncraft.

6. & 7. I have only been watching modded for like 1.5 years and playing for 3 years on Wynncraft, but in terms of clients it'll be the 5zig mod for sure, nobody ever uses that anymore but it was the shit back in the day for sure!

8. I have watched the entirety of vault hunters season 2 on PeteZahHutt's twitch (150 days, 6h a day average)
and I absolutely loved it, big fan! Captainsparklez can still entertain me with some modded or adventure maps aswell. I'm old, don't judge me...

10. Vault hunters is on 1.16, wynntills on 1.12, calorimod on 1.12, labymod on 1.12... I don't really mind (besides the horrible sprint/sneak rework in more recent versions) I mainly go with whatever version is recommended.

Hope this helps, best of luck with this Hoshi! 💕 :heart:

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
1. Around 2016, I don't remember the exact date.

2. Of course! Since I started playing Cubecraft and pvp in general, my first mod that I used was LabyMod. At that time almost everyone used it and added many useful features. Then, around 2019 I downloaded Badlion Client as many of my 1.8 friends used it and added quite a few more things than LabyMod, including much better cosmetics. Later I stopped playing 1.8 and started on 1.12.2 with LabyMod again, I didn't feel comfortable using Badlion in that version, it felt like it was missing things and also not many people used it. After one day playing Eggwars, I found a group of players who were typing 'Good Luck!' messages or something like that before starting the game, rainbow and with a special font, so I decided to contact them and they told me about a mod called 5zig, so I decided to use it by combining with LabyMod through Forge. Then CaloriMod was released and the truth is that it is the best mod to play Cubecraft and I am currently using it. I also sometimes use Lunar Client for survival in recent versions :)

3. Not really, I have never liked mods that add new mobs or blocks to the game but I remember trying Biomes O' Plenty and Lucky Blocks mods.

4. No, I've always searched for mods myself and couldn't install very big modpacks either since I didn't have a very good computer.

5. My favourite mod is Biomes O' Plenty. It's a mod that adds loads of new biomes, blocks, tools and it's really a lot of fun.

6 and 7. 'OG' mods I consider to be very old mods that we have all used or heard of at some time. (OptiFine, World Edit, Decocraft etc.)

8. I used to watch a serie of spanish youtubers called 'Karmaland'. It's very fun with lots of new interesting mods and to this day it is still active, with a total of 5 seasons! ⭐

9. I would recommend OptiFine and also pvp mods as LabyMod and Lunar Client.

10. My favorite version is 1.17.1 . I don't like the change they made to the relief in 1.18 so I don't enjoy playing on the recent versions.

Good luck with your plans Hoshi, it has been interesting answering these questions <3

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
1. For 9 years

2. Würst, Optifine, Laby and Calori. No idea how to use them properly

3. I have, basically a more advanced form of minecraft survival. Forgot the name tho.

4. I mean i download the first Google search result.

5. Optifine i guess. It has a few small nice features

6. I have first started using Würst in 2014. I guess its an og hack client.

7. No idea, optifine, laby and calori all date to 2021/2022 when i started using it.

8. Pixelmon (pokemon in minecraft), underground survival, modded parkour and adventure maps, etc. Its fun it really adds a new dimension to mc and more opportunities to enjoy it

9. Im sorry, im really not the person to ask this to. I have like 99% of the time played it vanilla. I guess if you want to tryhard parkour and get all medals, i know some shaders that make the experience more enjoyable. Other than that, unfortunately not.

10. Can’t decide, currently using 1.18.1 vanilla

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
To everyone that wasn't sure how the whole modding thing works; my idea behind this thread was to get an idea of how well modding is known within the (modern) community, so I'd get an idea of what to explain. I've been meaning to record more videos, and am starting off with a tutorial on how to install mods and what and whatnot to do. :)

Here is the tutorial, if anyone would like to watch. It'd be greatly appreciated!
(Every chapter is timestamped, including the different modloaders and how to install mods for each one)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥳
BicolourSine41 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Watch your redaction score and messages, (66 and 444) xD
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #45-
The largest known prime number has 24,862,048 digits. This prime number is 2 multiplied by itself 82,589,933 times, minus 1.
Mintypie231 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you so much for the follow!!
Top Bottom