Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
but the thing is people don't get that it's considered spam and I feel if it was a official rule people would see the clear picture and I don't think it's to harsh if Cubecraft has given them that many chances

That's true, but then that's how they will learn. You'll report them if they continue spamming and they'll receive whatever punishment the staff member sees fit for the offence.

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I actually recommend voting hardcore on ew, it's a very easy win as most of the players go to buy something from the villager and just die with shock :p
I destroyed a kid with full iron and an iron sword in HC mode on oriental.
My teammates were kind of bad, for the fact that one of them was building a wall around the villager while my other teammate was shopping (my other teammate left at the start, RIP)

Back to me destroying the kid with full iron, i only had full leather and a wood sword, (He called hacks of course :P) "we" won the game.
This proves that even if you have good gear, you can still get out-PvPed. (A.K.A. Getting rekt)

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
That's true, but then that's how they will learn. You'll report them if they continue spamming and they'll receive whatever punishment the staff member sees fit for the offence.

Well the other thing about it is most people don't know it's spam so they'll do it with out knowing they're breaking a rule so you've all these people doing it that don't know it's bad so I feel if it was a added rule and this maybe a bit much to ask but put on the info board "Please don't spam ranks with mode suggsions" and then have it in the rules because it is very annoying when in game and having people say TARGET THE GOLD! Y hardcore u suk! so I feel that this rule could really help this.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I know that some people can't stand it, but the best option is to simply ignore it.
It won't kill a person if you don't pay attention to them, and IF this rule was added, hundreds of players would get muted because of this because it takes a while for a rule to actually be taken serious if it gets added out of the blue.
It'd be unfair for a lot of players.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle
Well the other thing about it is most people don't know it's spam so they'll do it with out knowing they're breaking a rule so you've all these people doing it that don't know it's bad so I feel if it was a added rule and this maybe a bit much to ask but put on the info board "Please don't spam ranks with mode suggsions" and then have it in the rules because it is very annoying when in game and having people say TARGET THE GOLD! Y hardcore u suk! so I feel that this rule could really help this.

Then they can just appeal their punishment stating they never bothered to read the rules and didn't know spamming was an offence. If they don't want to spend five minutes reading a couple of rules then they'll learn them the hard way.
Spamming is an offence period. That includes spamming a rank for a game mode. No need to add anything extra to the rule.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
My concern is the reporting system, ive seen the rule style abused by people spamming reports trying to get someone punished when they only said "op" once

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
I say this on every thread that's about this topic (recently improved):

How to stop targeting:
-Make all pregame names white.
-Have a new option for rankers where they can toggle the colour of their rank on tab (player list) in pregame lobbies.
-Make vote anonymous unless option above turned on
-If you have a rank and don't talk, you will most likely not be targeted

Reactions: CookiesAlwaysWin

CookiesAlwaysWin

Dec 2, 2015
Retro Landscape
Nope, I think it's should not be added
If they spam warn them if they spam after your warning just report them and the same for me:

How to stop targeting:
-Make all pregame names white.
-Have a new option for rankers where they can toggle the colour of their rank on tab (player list) in pregame lobbies.
-Make vote anonymous unless option above turned on
-If you have a rank and don't talk, you will most likely not be targeted

Emmy

Jun 29, 2016
CandyCove
I honestly think this is a good idea, I am Gold Rank and it's extremely annoying in lobby. It's even worse when the game starts and someone goes into global chat and is incredibly rude about the choices in mode. I do however also understand that this would be overboard to ban all them. I suggest the punishment be something along the lines of Temporary Mute. Also, if they ask once that is completely fine! But several spams in a row is a bit obnoxious and uncalled for, we saw the request the first time. No need for 15 more chat messages saying it more! Just be respectful, and remember we did use our hard earned money on these ranks so respect our votes! :);)

ISTY.

Forum Expert
Dec 26, 2016
London
www.nasa.gov
I honestly think this is a good idea, I am Gold Rank and it's extremely annoying in lobby. It's even worse when the game starts and someone goes into global chat and is incredibly rude about the choices in mode. I do however also understand that this would be overboard to ban all them. I suggest the punishment be something along the lines of Temporary Mute. Also, if they ask once that is completely fine! But several spams in a row is a bit obnoxious and uncalled for, we saw the request the first time. No need for 15 more chat messages saying it more! Just be respectful, and remember we did use our hard earned money on these ranks so respect our votes! :);)
Asking for op shouldn't be punishable. Period. Spamming, yes.

Chimpeeze

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2016
The jungle

Spamming is already against the rules, doesn't matter what they're spamming, so just warn and report.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I don't think this needs to be a specific rule. Yes, it can be annoying and it can lead to targeting, but it just doesn't need to be a "You can't do this" thing. As some have posted before, spamming is already against the rules. If you warn them to stop spamming and they don't, then just report them with a screenshot of their spam and your warning.

I also suggest ignoring chat during the pre-lobby, turning chat off during pre-lobby, and such like that. If players really don't like what you vote for then they can go and buy themselves a rank so they can put their vote in for what they want.

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
I don't think this needs to be a specific rule. Yes, it can be annoying and it can lead to targeting, but it just doesn't need to be a "You can't do this" thing. As some have posted before, spamming is already against the rules. If you warn them to stop spamming and they don't, then just report them with a screenshot of their spam and your warning.

I also suggest ignoring chat during the pre-lobby, turning chat off during pre-lobby, and such like that. If players really don't like what you vote for then they can go and buy themselves a rank so they can put their vote in for what they want.

Thank you For the feed back I do relize now that you can just report them for spam :)

Redstqne

Dec 7, 2016
aisle 7 in Walmart
I 100% agree with this idea! I am diamond rank and this spam is very annoying. Sometimes, I choose hardcore when people spam too much or even threaten me if I don't choose what they want! This is a great idea that should be implemented into the game!

Reactions: KitKatkels17

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Ok Ok So I have a lot of feed back from this and what I have finally thought last thought on this is Don't make it a official rule cause there is already spamming but I would Really REALLY appreciate a sign that said something like

Please Don't Spam ranks with what mode you want it's their pick =)

So could this be a compromise?

Redstqne

Dec 7, 2016
aisle 7 in Walmart
Ok Ok So I have a lot of feed back from this and what I have finally thought last thought on this is Don't make it a official rule cause there is already spamming but I would Really REALLY appreciate a sign that said something like

Please Don't Spam ranks with what mode you want it's their pick =)

So could this be a compromise?
This is a good idea because, unless there is a super strict rule, the spam won't stop. I think a sign is a good idea, but other ways to get the message across could also work, like messages in chat reminding people to not spam requests to the rank(s).

Reactions: KitKatkels17
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

AnolTongi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday!!
Xi1m wrote on caraMel's profile.
i really like chocolate, do you?
caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ✨
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
marshduck11 wrote on Livvv's profile.
The first sentence said "sometimes life does't give you what you want" the second one is incomplete so far only saying "not because you don't" I'm excited to see what the last sentence says!
Top Bottom