Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
Just add an arrow in the shop (~30 gold or ~5 diamonds each in normal mode) that prevents any player hit from firing their bow for 15 seconds. It will allow people to walk out over the void briefly without fear of being shot down by campers, but still requires a skillful hit to disable them, and is a risky shot to take considering the cost of the arrows. In close quarters PVP this can also be used to stop people who bowspam without being too overpowered, as they can still just charge at you with their sword and cut you down.

What do you think?

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Just add an arrow in the shop (~30 gold or ~5 diamonds each in normal mode) that prevents any player hit from firing their bow for 15 seconds. It will allow people to walk out over the void briefly without fear of being shot down by campers, but still requires a skillful hit to disable them, and is a risky shot to take considering the cost of the arrows. In close quarters PVP this can also be used to stop people who bowspam without being too overpowered, as they can still just charge at you with their sword and cut you down.

What do you think?
Then campers will fire at you and you won't be able to shoot at them. Would make the problem worse.

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
Then campers will fire at you and you won't be able to shoot at them. Would make the problem worse.

Then they're still on their island and just spent 30 gold / 5 diamonds to stop your arrows for 15 seconds. Oh nooooooooooooooooo, it's so terrible. Whatever will we doooooooo. Oh yeah, I know, wait 15 seconds, then keep shooting. I don't understand how you think this is an issue.

Plus, if they miss you, then you can pick up the arrow and stun them right back.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Sounds like a mexican standoff, whoever lands the first arrow wins. I'm okay with this since you could just take cover and wait and if the camper gets hit you won't need to worry about them shooting back so you can freely build. Also if they both shoot each other, the person going to the camper wins since the bridger can keep on bridging.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Nope. Would help campers too. Maybe sell it on some maps with emeralds. So campers have a hard time getting it.

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
Sorry dude but yeah I agree, I'm going to have to say no to this idea...
I agree. ;) But imagine if u AND the camper shot each other at the same time, with that arrow. Both of u would not be able to shoot each other:p
Yep, what he said.
Nope. Would help campers too. Maybe sell it on some maps with emeralds. So campers have a hard time getting it.

Oh. My. Hecking. Gosh. Can none of you people read my rebuttal to Donald's post? Are you blind? Here it is again, for you all:

Then they're still on their island and just spent 30 gold / 5 diamonds to stop your arrows for 15 seconds. Oh nooooooooooooooooo, it's so terrible. Whatever will we doooooooo. Oh yeah, I know, wait 15 seconds, then keep shooting. I don't understand how you think this is an issue.

Plus, if they miss you, then you can pick up the arrow and stun them right back.

Now, tell me, if campers hit you with the bow-stopping arrow, what does that do? It makes you have to dodge arrows / run to cover for 15 seconds. That's it. If they attempt to get to your island to attack you in that time, then they are no longer camping because they are now within melee range of you and the problem is solved. If they don't try to get to you then they just wasted a ton of resources to disable you for 15 seconds and nothing else. Come on people, use your critical thinking skills.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
This wouldnt even work anyway most of the time its

1. Even if you do hit the player you get shot off anyway
2. The camper can shoot at you
3. Just because one player has a bow dosent mean others dont
4. Other enemies can attack from behind
5. To often you miss your shots
6 some maps the islands are to far away to shoot from mid

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
This wouldnt even work anyway most of the time its

1. Even if you do hit the player you get shot off anyway
2. The camper can shoot at you
3. Just because one player has a bow dosent mean others dont
4. Other enemies can attack from behind
5. To often you miss your shots
6 some maps the islands are to far away to shoot from mid

Oh, look, someone with a legitimate sense of logic who thinks things through instead of blindly saying "no". I was wondering where you were.

1. I don't understand this. 15 seconds gives you enough time to either run across a bridge, or to place a few blocks at the end of a bridge then shield up and back off of it.

2. Okay? They can shoot at you anyways. This arrow just makes it so that you can stop that for a little bit to run across a bridge.

3. You underestimate flanking strategy then. If you and your team attack an island from all angles, disabling the one preoccupied with you is usually enough to make it.

4. Okay? I don't get this one. Flanking continues to be a valid strategy. How does this arrow have any effect on that?

5. Simple, shoot a few normal arrows first to get a feel for it before you shoot the expensive one. I don't see how having the method to disable campers require skill is a bad thing.

6. Most maps you can still get a shot on them from mid, albeit with difficulty, but then again you can just loop around to the island next to them to get within range.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

What do you think?
plus the point of having a bow is for arrows
sadly camping can't be fixed

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
15 seconds gives you enough time to either run across a bridge, or to place a few blocks at the end of a bridge then shield up and back off of it.
In case you didnt know rarely even in op mode do i run across players with shields but even then if the bridge is broken its useless and in 1.9 shields have garbage durability, also shields are useless at close proximity due to the "powerup"
Simple, shoot a few normal arrows first to get a feel for it before you shoot the expensive one. I don't see how having the method to disable campers require skill is a bad thing.
not so simple its called "juking"
3. You underestimate flanking strategy then. If you and your team attack an island from all angles, disabling the one preoccupied with you is usually enough to make it.
ive played many games that has never worked once out of hundreds of tries

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
I still don't agree with this. If I get short range bowspammed, I sometimes use a power bow to shoot back.

And...? The arrows are so incredibly expensive that spamming would be costly at best. If you get tagged with one of these, just take cover.

ive played many games that has never worked once out of hundreds of tries

Really? It works for me and my teammates about 75% of the time. On a 3 player map, if you position one player at mid and one on each island next to the campers, then it becomes very easy to wait until one player is distracted and rush over.

JerrySox

Sep 22, 2016
Antarctica
Honestly I don't get your problem with campers, just bridge to them carefully and slowly. Camping isn't the end of the world, it just takes time to get to them. Its not how you play the game, its how you win it. Honestly who would you rather be, getting attacked? or attacking? I hate it when Im getting attacked, to me I have the upper hand when attacking. Camping will never stop no matter what you do..

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Top Bottom