Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of the Knockback? (Test #1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2020
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

Knockback Test Version 1:
23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Made knockback more consistent - large deviation from the current knockback.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

Here's a few videos, before and after, of a fight happening on Bedrock.

🤔 Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
😍 After!

Consistent knockback? Combos? On CubeCraft?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! 💙
Suddenly I'm a god at PvP so it would be great to have this in every gamemode

Silabear

Novice Member
Sep 22, 2019
I dont like it, I preferred the new way. This is just like all your opponents have antiKnockback

Builder556

Novice Member
Jun 11, 2020
www.youtube.com
What, you can’t launch people in the sky so that they see you can click faster if this is actually added in in the future? That’s slightly sad. But I guess balancing it so that they can actually get around being straightlined is cool too.

Nash The Basher

Novice Member
Aug 13, 2020
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Players with high CPS will have a BIG advatage, and that is unfair. Mobile players won´t have any change to win. I disagree. When someone combo me, I am "flying" in the air, while enemy is hitting me, and I can´t do anything. And then I am dead. This will lure players to use auto clickers, double clicks, or anything else related to this. Actual knockback system is fair for everyone. I like CubeCraft, because of knockback. And I think that more players are playing on CubeCraft than on The Hive only because of knockback. I will have no server to play on, if knockback will change on CubeCraft. Players who agree with the new knockback are people who can reach a lot of CPS, and they just want to combo everyone, and don´t give a chance to poor mobile players. The Hive is for tryharders (in PvP minigames), I see it, when I play there (The Hive have very similar knockback as CubeCraft new knockback). CubeCraft community is better, because all players have a chance to win with the actual knockback system without combos.
- All this is only MY OPINION!
You do bring up a strong point. But your first two sentences contradict themselves. Mobile players can get very high cps and sometimes they have advantages in certain ways [not having to aim (literally what is supposed to be one of the key skill factors in pvp) is an example of a major advantage]. Honestly in the end, it comes down the raw essence of what pvp should be, SKILL! I only see players I’ve never heard of before or literal garbage cans complaining about this update. I have hit 14 cps on mobile, that beats my all time high of 13 on an office mouse. Controller players like Sadstreetken who play on Ectary (a server with way higher kb) will tell you, cps is not as important as you think it is. Again I’ll re-state one of my original points, it comes down to skill. Another example is my good pal AceMelinda. He’s a controller player who uses bumpers for decent/high cps (a method to even the playing field for console players if that really mattered) yet he can barely hold a combo on the new gamemode. Him and I have both come to the conclusion that with the old kb, it hurts controller and pc players to a greater extent than the new kb would ever do to a mobile player. The reason why this was even fought over in the first place was the scammed feeling coming from the pc community. I can deal kb way easier on a controller and phone than a kbm if I’m doing anything less than 15 cps. I have better aim than a large portion of my controller friends and the only reason why both them and the inexperienced nons even come close to getting me lower than 2 hearts is the fact that they deal way more kb easily. It comes down to the ability to play Minecraft, if you’re a mobile player, you’re most likely trash. I see no decent mobile user complaining about good kb. Welcome to the real world bud, get good or get out. If you really look at your current standpoint, you’ve been pampered from an even playing field. I’m sorry but we all have to learn to grow up and except that this is the only way to balance the server. The kb is consistent and each platform will still come with its own uniqueness and advantages. END OF STORY!

Reactions: xFqbian

SIMPFORSHAQ

Jul 20, 2020
I mainly play survival games, and coming from a survival games player, please don't add this. It's so much like the Hive, which is the main reason I started playing on Cubecraft in the first place; the knockback.

It reminded me a lot of the Lifeboat physics, which I was also quite good at. Once it became riddled with lag (and SG's eventual removal from the server), I tried the Hive, and it just felt so bouncy, and I couldn't ever get used to it. Cubecraft was literally like a better and less laggy Lifeboat for SG. Having vanilla pvp kb is great, at least imo. Having it play like I'm at a trampoline park isn't (that's how it feels to me anyway).

Just my two cents, hope you appreciate the input.

SIMPFORSHAQ

Jul 20, 2020
As a final note, I believe adding this to voidpvp games (lucky blocks, skywars, eggwars, maybe blockwars was well) might be nice, as the increased knockback can void people, but I don't think it should be added to SG.

H4T MC

Nov 16, 2020
It seems odd to me. I love kb of course, it is needed, especially the fix, but it is unstable, at least when you're playing on higher ping. The inconsistencies in hits turning to a combo are odd. I average 16cps approx which isn't half bad, but sometimes it won't begin a combo when it should.

To note, I live in Oceania, my ping is typically 300+. Likely what the issue is, but just something I've noticed.

Overall a knockback patch was needed no doubt, but I feel it needs more refinement.

Last edited:

superlubb

Dec 29, 2020
I hate this style of pvp it’s exactly the same as the hive and that’s why I chose to play cubecraft over hive. I am an eggwars duos leaderboard player and play a lot but if the kB was changed to this I have to say I would play cubecraft a lot less and probably switch. This type of pvp takes less skill and favours less skilled players
I completely disagree with this. The kb before was inconsistent as stated and lead to little no skill and nearly all ping and connection. The new kb is clearly more consistent and so can allow things such as a w and s tapping to be utilised more effectively. This leads to the new kb taking more skill favouring more skilled players that know these such techniques

superlubb

Dec 29, 2020
I don’t think I can describe in words how much frustration the old knockback was. I’ve played a bunch of games and have to say this is amazing. I can actually combo and there’s none of that inconsistent 1.9 garbage 😂 I would absolutely love to see this uploaded to all games ASAP because it’s perfect imo.
Totally. It felt too much like it was trying to be a mix of 1.8 and 1.9 pvp.

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

equalmorior

Dec 8, 2020
I stopped playing sky modes at all I was just playing ctf and duels, but now am grinding even if it is no leaderboard. This kb is amazing and if cube will not change kb I think I will switch to other servers because old kb is annoying.

Video me talking about this -

Reactions: RelatedNoobs

CubeT0ch

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2020
Personally, I don't like it - feels way too much like Hive to me. Pvp is the main reason I play Cubecraft more than Hive, since I prefer vanilla pvp. But if Cube's pvp becomes like the Hive then... idk.

If you're gonna change it, just make it less randomized. You don't have to completely redo it
Don't worry it will be like on cubecraft java edition where you can have 1.9 pvp servers or 1.8 pvp servers I think idk.

Dec 24, 2020
This knockback takes no skill at all and it's exactly like the hive, I like how the server kb is now. maybe you can put this kb mode in its own category instead of changing the kb entirely.

SavageDooDoo8

Dec 31, 2020

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

🤔 Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
😍 After!

This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

23/12/2020
  • First iteration.

🤔 Before!

😍 After!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! 💙
I think this is awesome. Here are some reasons why: in eggwars people used to take no kb now its possible to knock people into the void, with the new kb its not whoever has the better gear wins, the pvp requires more skill which in my opinion makes it better.

this is just my opinion and i would like to see the new kb. And also im new to website so i only know how to reply sry.

Dec 23, 2020
hey im goody,
i play a lot of cubecraft and im about the get on all skywars leaderboards. ive never understood people who said the kb was bad or they couldnt combo someone. ive never had this problem. the only time when i cant combo someone is when im fighting someone that has a bad connection or way higher ping.

first ill explain why i dont like the new kb. so tbh the kb isnt a bad type of kb with this i mean its not extremly high kb and snowballs dont lauch someone 2 blocks in the air. i can see why people like it and why cubecraft put this into a test state. so for me this type of kb feels weird. fights feel weird and not like they should be in my opinion however thats just my opinion. my biggest argument against the kb is that it will make cubecraft just like any other server. i started playing cubecraft because it didnt have the high kb. and what in my opinion the best thing about cubecrafts kb is that only the players that are long time/ good cubecraft players are actualy good with it. if they change kb players from servers like hive,ectary and versai will be way better on cubecraft and the real true cubecraft players wont be better then them on cubecraft. on cubecraft someone that has never really played cube will all of a sudden be able to kill the best and most famous cubecraft players because they can work with the kb.

my suggestion:
instead of making a new type of kb they should fix the old one. i personaly never feel like someone takes weird kb because of the server. the only time people take weird kb is when they have a bad connection themselves. however i feel like my friends that live in america complain about the kb faster then eu players. a part of fixing the kb could be to make servers for na players.
the only thing thats wrong with cubecraft pvp is the jump crits. i 1v1 with some of the best players on the bedrock network to practice and we all agree that jumpcrits are to op. jump crits do way to much damage. its actualy this op that the one that times his jumpcrits right will almost always win the fight. the pvp is good against players that are worse then you however when i 1v1 someone thats really good if i dont get jumpcrits ill lose the fight 90% of time. however if i time my crits right i have a high chance of winning the fight. even if i land less hits then my opponent. if this gets taken serious by cubecraft staff please feel free to send me a messege i will record everything and show exactly why jumpcrits are to overpowerd.
the old kb would be good if people take knockback more consistent and the crits are less op.

conclusion: please dont implement a kb style that will make long time cubecraft players just avarage players on the server. by getting the new kb all players from other servers will be way better on cube and people that put a lot of work/effort in learning to work with cubecrafts kb will lose their special skills and just be an avarage player. it will make cubecraft+its long time players less special.

what to do?
keep the old kb and try to make crits less op. for anyone that says u cant combo with the old kb feel free to send me a messege but i know a lot of players that are able to combo on cubecraft and even you can learn it! dont make excuses like ur a pc player. ive played on controller and was able to beat pc players and u can connect your controller to ur phone. everyone should be able to learn how to combo with the old kb. it takes a little more time but when you learn it. you are special. people cant beat u that easy because u have special skills. because u play cubecraft.
Fixing crits isn't going to fix everything but it's a step in the right direction also another problem I have with the new kB is it makes people who are god's at hive and galaxite PvP god's at cubecraft PvP as well the only skill you need to combo on cubecraft is to be decent at strafing around your apponent and with the new kB it makes actually good cubecraft PvPers complete noobs and makes the noobs good and not to mention this completely benefites people with high cps and this also f***s mobile players

Cubecrafttalk

Novice Member
May 23, 2019
After trying the new knockback with both a controller and mouse.keyboard. With controller its harder to aim, so the other guy gets the first hit and ur in trouble. But with kbm I find it easy to tap tap tap with a fist and people fall into the void. Feels like we are playing the game on the moon. Doesnt feel too much fun at all. At least its given me more time to check out other servers with similar knockbacks. Skywars on the hive is quite fun with similar bouncy bouncy play.

Nov 26, 2020

23/12/2020
  • First iteration.

🤔 Before!

😍 After!

I live the new knockback it's great tbh

GreatV gaming

May 25, 2020
The new in is awesome but I think with tis kb there is absolutely no chance for touch screen player . So I think there must be some kind of match making in terms of kb so that only touch players fight touch players and vice versa

Reactions: Blueberries ツ

dimiond sword

Dec 24, 2020
The kb is amazing there aren't really any problems but mcpe players are at a disatvantage. But, as a former mcpe player I was always at a disatvantage. You can tell from looking at my skywars stats. The only thing that does need to change is the lag on the server like NA servers because I have 200ms. I would very much like if there were to be more kits and the pearls are just weird. And the ranks for every game like really. Please make a reward system so after getting a lot of xp or wins you get a reward. Thank you and hopefully this server received the #1 server once more. Oh, and please make a report system for cheaters or a better anti cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
1714062934709.png

fun new launcher lol
marshduck11 wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
I'm waiting for my facts!
Top Bottom