Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of the Knockback? (Test #1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
DID YOU CHANGE THE KB AGAIN OR SOMETHING? IT'S SO INCONSISTENT NOW! IT WAS REALLY GOOD A FEW DAYS AGO!
We have not made any changes to the knockback itself since this thread was written, however we have implemented platform/input specific games only to the knockback test. More information here!

Conea64

Forum Expert
Jun 27, 2020
EUROPE
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Platform specific games:
mobile:
itd be great, one obvious problem people can connect controllers and stuff but you are already aware of this.
Controller:
Meh the competition has died and im extremely bored of the game already. When connecting to mobile its even worse.
Pc:
I don't have a PC, but my friend who does said, they find it difficult to actually find a game at certain times during the day. The competition is good and fair. But really separating pc? That reminds me of a different game: java edition. PC players would have 0 reason to play on bedrock anymore when they could just join Java 1.8 or 1.9.

Side note:
If you were to go ahead with Ben's suggestion then maybe make 'ranked' a separate option, because not everyone is good like the majority of the people on the forums. The people on the forums are decent and have no understanding of a lower standard.

Thanks for reading

juliusvdl

Apr 5, 2020
Rotterdam
Yeah its good but not perfect. I already really like it but there could be some improvements. For example: the sprint cancellation. When you hit someone it automatically resets your sprint and that is kind of annoying since it makes strafing kind of useless since you can only walk-strafe. Other than that, maybe add a little more vertical kb just to make the combos a little better. I really dont care if the kb is like hive, It means we can get the good pvp experience like on the hive but in actual GOOD and fun minigames. I find that the biggest downside of the hive.
If cubecraft would bring this kb to all gamemodes, the server will have the best of both worlds (good kb and gamemodes) and currently, Cube and Hive only excel in 1 of those. If the kb is gonna be better, im sure it will draw in a lot of hive players since most of the games on cube are just better than the hives.

A possible solution for the mobile players is to add a ranked mode (which the person above me suggested), I'd love to see something like that. It'll make the games easier/harder based on your skill level. (Please only add that when youre confident that the anticheat is good enough)

• Love
Reactions: Technosword

[Deleted Member 14534]

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
I really like this change. It makes the game more about skill and not just who has the better gear like it used to be.
Dude, it was never like that. someone with leather armor in Eggwars can beat up someone in full diamond. If you know how to do good combos, it doesn't matter if they have full diamond, sharpness V Diamond Sword. Idk know to send a Switch Video to PC but that's all I can tell you

Apr 29, 2020
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

Knockback Test Version 1:
23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Made knockback more consistent - large deviation from the current knockback.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

Here's a few videos, before and after, of a fight happening on Bedrock.

🤔 Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
😍 After!

Consistent knockback? Combos? On CubeCraft?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! 💙
I have been loving playing this and its really great

[Deleted Member 14534]

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
This knockback takes no skill at all and it's exactly like the hive, I like how the server kb is now. maybe you can put this kb mode in its own category instead of changing the kb entirely.
Yeah, in each pcp game there is this mode so hive players can play that one and vanilla pvpers can play well the old one

Reactions: Zeobitz_

yigit3455

Dec 17, 2020
I dont like new kb beacuse while any backstabber start to hit you, you dont have any chance to kill him

Last edited:
Reactions: Cubecrafttalk

Tech1e

Novice Member
Dec 29, 2019
Somewhere safe
I have mixed feelings about this new knockback. it pretty much changes the meta and makes the gameplay a lot more fast paced (and actually gives a purpose to the builder kit) and when trying to get out of a combo it's extremely difficult because you can essentially do nothing at all except throw an egg/snowball to stun them. after playing it for a little while i still don't know if I'm for or against...

JustWaved

Novice Member
Nov 12, 2020
After playing a good few of games in the new kb and i think its amazing that you as a server are relying on the community. Some of the flaws i see that the new kb has is that every time you hit a person your sprint resets. Now i don't know if this is intentional or not but its annoying to chase after a person and i have to press my sprint key every time. but this could lead to a keyboard and mouse technique called w/s-tapping to apply more kb to an opponent.

Reactions: sheepishtitan

sheepishtitan

Jan 12, 2021
The new Knockback is great I think cubecraft has the best variety of games but the knockback had always made me play The Hive for pvp games now that the knockback has been fixed i can play more of cubecraft
Overall this is Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
Top Bottom