Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm going to ... to come out!
Hi there! Thanks for all the replies, also from the other people. I hope this message clears up a little of all of the concerns that were addressed. I edited in the tags of the people that addressed any concerns regarding the topic of the paragraph.

@WiggedWigg, @Dualninja
First of all: **Forums will NOT be left behind**. The forums have always been a place to talk, to report bugs, to make suggestions and to have fun. This will still be the case. The team will look on the forums as well, gathering opinions and forwarding those (if the suggestion is realistic and has a chance on actually making the cut) to the Admin team. Therefore, there is a much more likely chance your forum suggestions will be seen, be replied to, be forwarded and eventually pushed out on the network.

So, why then discord and not just keep it with the forums? Couple of reasons:
1. Discord is much more user-friendly. It is more accessible for new players and doesn't require a bunch of time to learn how the entire site works.
2. Discord has an easier way of discussing compared to the huge messages on the forums. This way we can gather more opinions faster
3. Stuff like community talks were never on the forums as the platform does not support that at all.

Secondly, we do agree that centralising feedback in one place is the best for the suggestion system as a concept. We hope that the team of volunteers varying from all networks and all positions will help with this. This means that there will be **no extra staff roles**. We are simply volunteers for a good cause, from Java to Bedrock, casual player to content creator, staff to ex-staff to member. We hope to make this team function to the best of of its abilities and bring the feedback system to a higher level.

Thirdly, the concept is still being developed and will be developed even further in the upcoming time. Hopefully, we have it finished rather soon, but implementation will come step by step. This also has to do with the capacity of the team as well as the boundaries in which we work.

@xHappyMood, @Neonity, @s4mways, @qLewiss, @VanHouten
Lastly, we understand your concerns about who is in the team and who isn't, also regarding the representation of your platform / game / wishes and opinions. The team consists of a variety of all kind of players, experienced, soon-to-be-experienced, behind the scenes people, shining stars of the network, known members or the rising players of either platform. We cannot guarantee this is the ideal combination of people, nor will we. We can only show you whether this is the correct way by trying, and we will have to try. Chances are that the system might not work immediately, but we appreciate everyone giving us the time to make it work and to get the best of its huge potential. Thanks a lot!

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate
We hope that the team of volunteers varying from all networks and all positions will help with this. This means that there will be **no extra staff roles**. We are simply volunteers for a good cause, from Java to Bedrock, casual player to content creator, staff to ex-staff to member. We hope to make this team function to the best of of its abilities and bring the feedback system to a higher level.
How will the team be handling suggestions if there isn't an extra team role, I assume that Hoshi is the only one that can add tags/mark suggestions as planned,... for now.
Secondly, we do agree that centralising feedback in one place is the best for the suggestion system as a concept
Tbh I don't think that is centralizing, centralizing would mean putting the community in the center, so the whole community should be able to either create suggestions or vote for suggestions/ideas, not just a few people of the community. Aren't the forums the best place, no, definitely not for bedrock suggestions, since it's more java related here.
The team will look on the forums as well, gathering opinions and forwarding those (if the suggestion is realistic and has a chance on actually making the cut) to the Admin team
If the suggestion is realistic and has a chance on actually making the cut. How is realistic determined? Is this what is in line with the current network? Or is this open for new, maybe crazy, ideas?

And last thing I want to say, a moral message:
Whatever team you ever end up on in life, whoever is part of it, at least give them credit for what they did.
(Have a nice day)

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
How will the team be handling suggestions if there isn't an extra team role, I assume that Hoshi is the only one that can add tags/mark suggestions as planned,... for now.
Only @Hoshi can actually handle the suggestions by marking them as forwarded, denied etc., not the whole team. I'm sure she can explain the reasoning for this.
Tbh I don't think that is centralizing, centralizing would mean putting the community in the center, so the whole community should be able to either create suggestions or vote for suggestions/ideas, not just a few people of the community. Aren't the forums the best place, no, definitely not for bedrock suggestions, since it's more java related here.
Completely agree

privqted

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jun 3, 2020
Ireland
To anyone with the question of who is currently in the team and/or will be in the team, I have updated the original post to include a short team member list. We will reach out to a few more users in the coming days.
where?

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
its a public team, memberlist should be public!
Due to some behaviour from some players, which made a few members uncomfortable or concerned, it has been hidden for the time being.

• Heart
Reactions: Hoshi

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
Due to some behaviour from some players, which made a few members uncomfortable or concerned, it has been hidden for the time being.
The member list has been removed as I wish to prevent the team members from getting hunted.
Maybe if there is this much alleged disagreement with the team that shows something about the community's opinion on the team?

Also could the list being made private have something to do with you randomly kicking 3 people from it?

Reactions: qLewiss

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Maybe if there is this much alleged disagreement with the team that shows something about the community's opinion on the team?

Also could the list being made private have something to do with you randomly kicking 3 people from it?
I have had several people threaten and harass me due to the EggWars Season 2 update and a few other updates.
Does their opinions represent the whole player base? Nope.

Likewise, a few people acting antisocially with regards to this does not represent the whole community.
It has been much easier and more streamlined for us to garner feedback from players due to the changes to how we manage the community feedback now, and therefore we will be able to apply feedback to our content better.

• Heart
Reactions: Blom and Hoshi

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
I have had several people threaten and harass me due to the EggWars Season 2 update and a few other updates.
Course not and no one should be treated that way for making an update. But there has been a lot of public disagreement which should clearly be taken into account rather than ignored and shoved to the side as 'trolls'

Likewise, a few people acting antisocially with regards to this does not represent the whole community.
It has been much easier and more streamlined for us to garner feedback from players due to the changes to how we manage the community feedback now, and therefore we will be able to apply feedback to our content better.
My issues, along with most others, is not to do with you actually getting feedback, but due to the sort of feedback being given. I am sure it is easier now with someone giving it all to you but when a suggested thread to forward is a 2 year old one it seems silly

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

ToonBer

Moderator 🍰
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
May 13, 2021
The country of beer and chocolate

I am really sad that happened to you. And hopefully this doesn’t happen again since with disagreement or not, people should still be respectful 🩵.

But you are not telling me that every player in that team don’t want their name public, at least let those who want their names public be there, and as I mentioned above, give people credit if they help with something and don't put this in the dark. This is part of communication and transparency, if you can do that, people will be more likely to cooperate/give their opinion since they might know someone or think they have similar thoughts or in general know what is happening in the background.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
I am really sad that happened to you. And hopefully this doesn’t happen again since with disagreement or not, people should still be respectful 🩵.

But you are not telling me that every player in that team don’t want their name public, at least let those who want their names public be there, and as I mentioned above, give people credit if they help with something and don't put this in the dark. This is part of communication and transparency, if you can do that, people will be more likely to cooperate/give their opinion since they might know someone or think they have similar thoughts or in general know what is happening in the background.
You're more than welcome to identify yourselves if you're on the team, but in this specific instance it is just simpler than going around to each individual and getting an answer.

Transparency is important, but it absolutely takes a back seat if someone is at risk.
We have communicated that it has been hidden for sensitive reasons, we are being transparent about that.
The topics brought forward can be discussed fully and in depth without a list of who is on the team, otherwise it sounds like it's potentially wanted to incite non-constructive behaviour.

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hi, so, this project has been cut short.

Definitely didn't have enough time to really get off the ground which is unfortunate as I feel it would have done some good for those QoL requests.

Focus has to be shifted onto bigger ongoing projects rather than any new ones.

Thanks to those who wanted to be involved, appreciate the intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
Top Bottom