Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Heya fellow CubeCrafters!

I'm Hoshi 👋 and I've been a part of the community for about 7 years now. I'm mostly known for my essay-type threads, but I'll try to keep this one short... I think!

🫂 Community Update!

Today, I'm excited to announce that I will help with community engagement along with a select few as part of a new voluntary team.

We will get countless suggestions from multiple sources. Our goal is to answer a few more of those and get more visibility on the most popular suggestions.

This means; to help get forwarded suggestions and feedback to the admin team who will get a roundup of responses every couple of weeks.

👥 Community Discord Section

New 'Community Talks' forum channel.
  • After an update, we will have a forum channel dedicated to your feedback. Prior to this, we dotted these around different social platforms but we want to get more focused feedback in one place.
  • We will also throw in a few of our proposed changes there too, specifically around QoL changes.
Moved 'Community Corner' forum channel.
  • A place to share your suggestions, creations
  • We've added a forwarded tag

Q: Will my suggestion be answered?
A: There is no guarantee our team will respond to your suggestion, though we do try to respond to as many of your threads as possible.

Q: Why so much focus on Discord over forums?
A: We have a much larger and active community on Discord.

Q: So, how will forums change?
A: Tags will likely be added back to the Feedback & Suggestions subforum after Christmas.

Q: Is this a permanent change?
A: We are currently trialling this over the next several months and will make changes as we go. We expect the effects to be gradual but positive.

Q: Why is community talks a forum and not a voice channel?
A: After the Migration, it became more apparent that people were more vocal via text rather than in voice channels, where we hosted playtest sessions. The old community talks, typically had the same several people attending, and we want to provide an opportunity for anyone to voice their thoughts, no matter their schedule or timezone.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2023
I already want to explore the discord suggestions, I have one that has been resonating in my mind for a while now. I would like to and would buy a Futuristic themed Bundle.

Neonity

Jul 9, 2022
I find it to be a very good idea, and I believe it has a lot of potential. However, I think I speak not only for myself but for many other players when I express the hope that the team in charge of this should be composed of individuals who truly understand what they are dealing with, especially concerning Cubecraft Bedrock Edition. For some reason, the majority of those involved in these matters (QA) often seem to be people who either barely play or solely play Cubecraft Java. As a result, they may lack sufficient knowledge of how Minecraft Bedrock Edition should operate. This team shouldn't be made up of java players as Cubecraft should focus a lot more on what bedrock wants and considering this is being ran by a java player it shows where the focus would be.

(Also congrats on Sr Mod xD)

Tommy Boi

Novice Member
Apr 23, 2023
🇮🇪 Ireland
sunsunny.org
Pronouns
He/Him
Heya fellow CubeCrafters!

I'm Hoshi 👋 and I've been a part of the community for about 7 years now. I'm mostly known for my essay-type threads, but I'll try to keep this one short... I think!

🫂 Community Update!

Today, I'm excited to announce that I will help with community engagement along with a select few as part of a new voluntary team.

We will get countless suggestions from multiple sources. Our goal is to answer a few more of those and get more visibility on the most popular suggestions.

This means; to help get forwarded suggestions and feedback to the admin team who will get a roundup of responses every couple of weeks.

👥 Community Discord Section

New 'Community Talks' forum channel.
  • After an update, we will have a forum channel dedicated to your feedback. Prior to this, we dotted these around different social platforms but we want to get more focused feedback in one place.
  • We will also throw in a few of our proposed changes there too, specifically around QoL changes.
Moved 'Community Corner' forum channel.
  • A place to share your suggestions, creations
  • We've added a forwarded tag

Q: Will my suggestion be answered?
A: There is no guarantee our team will respond to your suggestion, though we do try to respond to as many of your threads as possible.

Q: Why so much focus on Discord over forums?
A: We have a much larger and active community on Discord.

Q: So, how will forums change?
A: Tags will likely be added back to the suggestions and feedback forum after Christmas.

Q: Is this a permanent change?
A: We are currently trialling this over the next several months and will make changes as we go. We expect the effects to be gradual but positive.

Q: Why is community talks a forum and not a voice channel?
A: After the Migration, it became more apparent that people were more vocal via text rather than in voice channels, where we hosted playtest sessions. The old community talks, typically had the same several people attending, and we want to provide an opportunity for anyone to voice their thoughts, no matter their schedule or timezone.
Congrats on Sr. Mod, excited for Community talks!

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm going to give my honest opinions on this right now, I'm very conflicted about this change. On the one hand, we asked for it, we asked for more community engagement and for more staff responses. On the other hand, it's Discord. I do think the Cubecraft Community should be consolidated into one place, but that place being Discord puts a sour taste in my mouth. I do hope this new system will succeed, but I'm still not convinced that it will.

However, I this this was a step in the right direction, I just hope the forums don't get left behind. I also have some questions about this change. The first is what will happen to the forums, will forum suggestions be removed? The second is how does this new team work, is it made up entirely of Helpers and Mods, or will there be new staff roles added? The next is, when does this take effect? I noticed that the new channel isn't open to suggestions yet, so do these changes take effect in a week, by 2024, or immediately?

As a last note, congratulations on Sr. Mod, I can't wait for the Hoshi update to come out!

s4mways

Novice Member
May 12, 2023
www.twitch.tv
The volunteers should be a mix between tryhards and casuals. Nowadays people want to have it their way and never actually listen to others even though they claim to be listening. I hope this will be the case or else Cubecraft will decline even more, it doesn't mean because somebody plays the game 24/7 that they know how to make/balance games.

I did notice that some managers right now pay more attention to community suggestions which wasn't always the case a while ago.

qLewiss

Novice Member
Jun 15, 2020
England
We are currently in the process of gathering members. I'm not entirely sure whether or not the current members wish to have their names disclosed, so I won't.
I think that the members of the team should definitely be made public, as well as more importantly what the reasons are for why they have been made part of the team.

VanHouten

Apr 28, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with what Lewis has said. Sounds like an interesting change that could get ideas seen but the members that are in this group have to know what the people want.
I think that the members of the team should definitely be made public, as well as more importantly what the reasons are for why they have been made part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Top Bottom