Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
I mean I could see some reasons on why it is bad
what? they didn't update update the current version for way to long, and we would have a lot more content now if they didn't, I know it does make some sence as the new blocks and mobs will be really cool and change how the games work, but still

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
what? they didn't update update the current version for way to long, and we would have a lot more content now if they didn't, I know it does make some sence as the new blocks and mobs will be really cool and change how the games work, but still
I think it’s pretty pointless not to update Cubecraft at this point. Especially since we will soon be entering Minecraft in 1.20

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
I think it’s pretty pointless not to update Cubecraft at this point. Especially since we will soon be entering Minecraft in 1.20
I mean, the vast majority of servers don't update, hypixel is still way back, hive hasn't updated, mineplex hasn't updated, not a single popular server has updated from that version to this version(some like mcc and tubnet and galaxite were made after the version) so it's not a requirement, I think a lot of it is because it gets us something new, more than a new game mode, but tridents, blocks, mobs, ect, the only thing is that it not only takes a while, but the new version will be really buggy when it gets released, and they don't want to fix the bugs they have now, as it will be wasted dev time, as they will come back with the update, we have had no content for the longest time, and the bugs have been truely game breaking, look at minerwar, it sends me to the lobby so often. I'm glad it's almost over though.
SPING BREAK is when it will be realised, mark my words(unless it isn't releaed by then)

Mar 22, 2020
Since the launch in North America, the number of players per day has become smaller and smaller, and now most of the interesting games have been deleted. You want to shut down cubecraft by doing so. Among Slimes is a good game with a large number of players. and tower defence. I don't know why you want to delete these popular games. You are an idiot manager. You destroyed my favorite server. I will always hate you,and The real reason for the decrease of players is that you have launched servers in North America and Asia, This has led to Asians having to play with Asians and the number of people in Asia can't be satisfied at all. It is impossible for Asians to play with EU players. You should not go online with the NA/AS server. Before that, there were 1500+players every day. You are the culprit who killed this server.

• Angry
Reactions: Reesle

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
First things first: All decisions for CubeCraft's direction are company decisions. Decisions come from all of us, and no single staff member has any absolute authority over what does or doesn't happen to the server.
It is wrong and rude to attack Story, because he's just the one bringing the news.

Secondly: There are many reasons why we're seeing a dropping player count on Java, but the primary reason is that neither network has had a significant update in the last few months. This is because we have been pouring all our time and effort into the 1.19 update. Because the Meta of the games becomes "solved" or stale after a while, game updates keep players interested, because the challenge of trying to solve the Meta is re-added when ever we update a game.
It has nothing to do with regional servers.

Finally: It has been stated several times, but the reason some games and game modes were removed is because they were just too costly to keep running with the few players we had. Of course we still want the games online for people to play, but if there's not enough people playing them, there's not enough people funding their running costs. You have to remember; for every 100 players in a game, 1 player purchases something, and that money goes to keeping the game running. With a low amount of players, no one is funding the game. If we had continued running them like we had, it's unlikely the Java network would have made it into 2023.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
kemomimi_sakura said:
You destroyed my favorite server. I will always hate you,and The real reason for the decrease of players is that you have launched servers in North America and Asia, This has led to Asians having to play with Asians and the number of people in Asia can't be satisfied at all.

The system automatically places Asian players in games with EU users when it knows the game can't start within 30 seconds.

It's a smarter system that dynamically chooses the best experience depending on what is available.

So what you've written is objectively false as nothing has technically changed.

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
@Kenomimi_sakura You put something in that box. Story would NEVER say that.
I call fake!

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
First things first: All decisions for CubeCraft's direction are company decisions. Decisions come from all of us, and no single staff member has any absolute authority over what does or doesn't happen to the server.
It is wrong and rude to attack Story, because he's just the one bringing the news.

Secondly: There are many reasons why we're seeing a dropping player count on Java, but the primary reason is that neither network has had a significant update in the last few months. This is because we have been pouring all our time and effort into the 1.19 update. Because the Meta of the games becomes "solved" or stale after a while, game updates keep players interested, because the challenge of trying to solve the Meta is re-added when ever we update a game.
It has nothing to do with regional servers.

Finally: It has been stated several times, but the reason some games and game modes were removed is because they were just too costly to keep running with the few players we had. Of course we still want the games online for people to play, but if there's not enough people playing them, there's not enough people funding their running costs. You have to remember; for every 100 players in a game, 1 player purchases something, and that money goes to keeping the game running. With a low amount of players, no one is funding the game. If we had continued running them like we had, it's unlikely the Java network would have made it into 2023.
Alright, I'm going to tackle a few things.
1. Server version, while having a small impact. Doesn't change too much. A trend that has been noticed that the newer the version the less stable it gets, especially in multiplayer. Which means to cope with more players, more servers for the network is needed. This is the reason that most other networks use older versions, such as 1.8.9. While it would be cool to have stuff from the newer versions in the network, but when it comes to the server, I would rather prefer to play on a stable platform than a fancy unstable platform.
2. When it comes to "solving" the game's meta or "stale" and you want to shake it up, an easy solution is to provide an update that changes some stuff. Example: Having players vote on how many eggs in Eggwars you have, because personally I don't see how upgrading versions will radically change the meta, sure Netherite is neat and all but I don't see how else it will shake it up.
3. If some games such as tower defense was removed due to funding reasons, wouldn't it be nice to open source or license the code out so fans of CubeCraft TD can make their own fan server, and if going the licensing route, cubecraft can make some money from licensing out their code for it to happen. (Just a thought)

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
1. Server version, while having a small impact. Doesn't change too much. A trend that has been noticed that the newer the version the less stable it gets, especially in multiplayer. Which means to cope with more players, more servers for the network is needed. This is the reason that most other networks use older versions, such as 1.8.9. While it would be cool to have stuff from the newer versions in the network, but when it comes to the server, I would rather prefer to play on a stable platform than a fancy unstable platform.
not sure if the numbers have changed, but from when i was around, the majority (70-80%) of all players operate on the newest versions of minecraft, and these numbers dont really change. im sure these numbers hold for other servers like hypixel

2. When it comes to "solving" the game's meta or "stale" and you want to shake it up, an easy solution is to provide an update that changes some stuff. Example: Having players vote on how many eggs in Eggwars you have, because personally I don't see how upgrading versions will radically change the meta, sure Netherite is neat and all but I don't see how else it will shake it up.
isnt that basically all of the updates that have been done since the 1.12.2 update? o.0

3. If some games such as tower defense was removed due to funding reasons, wouldn't it be nice to open source or license the code out so fans of CubeCraft TD can make their own fan server, and if going the licensing route, cubecraft can make some money from licensing out their code for it to happen. (Just a thought)
cubecraft operates on its own codebase & databases which aren't opensource in any capacity. in order for it to be distributed, it would also mean that the core codebase would need to be released too. at that point, what would cubecraft have to offer as a server if the majority of the old games are all opensourced & distributed? plus i imagine legal stuff would be a pain xd

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Alright, I'm going to tackle a few things.
@Younisco Is correct 100%.

1) We track what versions of Minecraft people are joining our server with and it's only a couple of percent of people who play CubeCraft with a pre 1.19 version. Also needing more servers for more players isn't strictly how it works, there's LOADS of factors which dictate how many servers we need, but also stability of the Minecraft version isn't one of these factors. The stability of Minecraft doesn't affect how many servers we run, because running multiple servers don't make Minecraft run smoother or stop errors.

2) My point initially was that because we haven't been doing these types of updates for the last few months, the games haven't been getting their meta-games changed, which means player's who like to solve the meta are not as interested any more and therefor don't play. This is one of the reasons for the player count dropping.
We also do have many plans to utilise a lot of the stuff added to Minecraft since 1.12, mixed with other ideas for games, so we'll be exploring those over the next couple of years.

3) All the games on CubeCraft run off of a core framework and set of libraries which have been developed by CubeCraft over its 10 year life span. We couldn't make the code for TD or any other games open source or even licenced without extending this to the framework and libraries, which would be, to put simply, a VERY bad business move. Managing licenced code isn't as simple as people think it is either, and for CubeCraft it would require an extensive legal process going through the code, writing up legal documentation, and having some system managing licences and support for licence holders (none of this is optional BTW), which would ultimately result in hundreds of thousands in legal fees and infrastructure. Yes it absolutely would be nice, and yes we absolutely want the games online for people, but that would single-handedly sign the death certificate of CubeCraft as a whole, Bedrock and all.
The actual code for the TD games, if it could be split up from the framework and libraries, wouldn't even be all that useful to people wanting to run their own version of it. It would just make more sense for someone to code their own version of it on their own server software.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow to I guess.