Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lobby Titles & Prefixes

• Option 1: Convert prefixes to lobby titles and remove prefixes entirely from chat.

Votes: 124 64.9%
  • Option 2: Keep prefixes and don't add lobby titles.

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
If Staff decide to put prefixe in titles, it will be messy and laggy like Hive
One of the reasons I don't like hive is that the lobbies are so messy with nametags everywhere. I just hope they're not gonna do something like hypixel's chat which is so messy with player tags and announcing VIPs.

Ben5124

Jun 5, 2020
The UK
Here’s my opinion:
The chat at the moment really doesn't look messy at all. If you take a look at other servers, their chat can be so full of stuff it's impossible to read. Cube has it simple - [Prefix] [Name]. This is not messy in any way whatsoever. In fact it makes it easier to read, you can make very nice styles using the prefix and the username colours together, by doing this it is very easy to tell what message came from what players as well as looking visually pleasing anyway. If you think of it this way, there is no need to change something that people haven't had an issue with in the first place. You never get people saying the chat is messy unlike other servers. Even if the colours are a bit too much to handle, its nothing compared to other networks. By making it all the same (or only allowing 16 styles from the 16 name colours), it would allow very little expression and different ways for people to express them selves. Prefixes are titles that go before a name on text. Why would we want to change a system that works perfect as it is?

By changing it to the titles, it very very closely relates to The Hive, this would be very very close to copying since we would be doing what the only other major competitor on Bedrock is doing. Even if we did have the idea and implemented titles before them, it would provide less variety for the player base. If The Hive and Cubecraft were super similar like this then there would be little differenciating the two.

My last point is that it would feel like cube has gone back on their word. Most of the prefixes are paid for cosmetics which means people engaged in a transaction in order to receive them. By removing them from the chat goes against what a prefix is. A prefix is a letter or phrase before a name and by removing them from chat, well it goes against what people brought. They are advertised as chat prefixes. However removing them from chat goes against the terms in which people brought them on. I mean I don't really know how valid this point is, but it seems not the fairest to sell prefixes as part as bundles only to not be able to use them in chat.

I hope I gave some constructive feedback here, looking forward to what cube has in store!

• Agree
Reactions: Landon AWESOME9

Alevi47

Jan 12, 2021
Hello Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today we'd like to present yet another poll to you about prefixes & new lobby titles. The reason for this poll is because we have big plans for Bedrock and its chat and we'd like to view our options for clearing it up and making it more simple to read.

Option 1: We convert prefixes entirely to lobby titles, these would go under your nameplate, above your player model. Prefixes would be removed.

Options 2: Prefixes remain in chat as normal and we don't add lobby titles.

Feel free to write the reason for your below or any new ideas you come up, we'll be sure to read them all.

Thanks folks! đź’™
I like this idea, it makes prefixes have a little more value. I think you should add the prefix colors to the lobby titles to make your name pop out a little more. Like if I used the "Christmas Hunt 2020" for my lobby title, it would look green under my grey nametag. Just my idea though

• Disagree
Reactions: Landon AWESOME9

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Literally doing this is creating a scam for the bundles which is literally illegal i was sold bundles and many people were sold bundles with the idea of prefixes for chat coming with them and if you now remove prefixes and turn them into lobby titles it literally scams players out of their $$$ if they wanted it for chat and nothing else

squishysatin

Jan 19, 2021
Hello Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today we'd like to present yet another poll to you about prefixes & new lobby titles. The reason for this poll is because we have big plans for Bedrock and its chat and we'd like to view our options for clearing it up and making it more simple to read.

Option 1: We convert prefixes entirely to lobby titles, these would go under your nameplate, above your player model. Prefixes would be removed.

Options 2: Prefixes remain in chat as normal and we don't add lobby titles.

Feel free to write the reason for your below or any new ideas you come up, we'll be sure to read them all.

Thanks folks! đź’™
you have heard from 300 ppl not the whole community all bedrock players in lobbys want to keep prefixes

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
People payed a lot of money to be able to have a lot of different prefixes to show in chat. I sincerely hope they dont turn into some lobby title nobody can see. At the very least i hope they keep prefixes in games. I dont see why tge chat needs to be "cleaner".
Exactly, I haven't had any issues with how the chat looks. I don't understand how people can say it's messy. All the chat is the same size, color, and font (with the exception of staff) unlike some other servers I've played on.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I like this idea, it makes prefixes have a little more value. I think you should add the prefix colors to the lobby titles to make your name pop out a little more. Like if I used the "Christmas Hunt 2020" for my lobby title, it would look green under my grey nametag. Just my idea though
I think it takes away value from the prefixes, as they will no longer show up in chat, and would make them completely worthless in game

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
Having read all the replies... I can only conclude that most people (including me) don't really understand what you're suggesting. Perhaps some screen shots of what you're suggesting. I haven't heard anyone actually explain... What is a "Lobby Title"? Please don't reply with "like on Hive". cos I jumped on there and still don't know what you're on about.

I'd also echo what salty and others have said though...people have paid good money for the prefixes... if you're going to take them away you probably need to offer something in return that most are happy with. Especially given that you just did a release of all the old packs that netted a fair chunk of cash... that would indeed feel a bit scammish.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Having read all the replies... I can only conclude that most people (including me) don't really understand what you're suggesting. Perhaps some screen shots of what you're suggesting. I haven't heard anyone actually explain... What is a "Lobby Title"? Please don't reply with "like on Hive". cos I jumped on there and still don't know what you're on about.

I'd also echo what salty and others have said though...people have paid good money for the prefixes... if you're going to take them away you probably need to offer something in return that most are happy with. Especially given that you just did a release of all the old packs that netted a fair chunk of cash... that would indeed feel a bit scammish.
with the like on hive things they mean the titles under your username in the lobby

Ornaixx

Novice Member
Oct 29, 2020
couldn't you get sued for this because you've been selling chat prefixes for years and now you are making them hub titles and that could be considered a scam?

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
couldn't you get sued for this because you've been selling chat prefixes for years and now you are making them hub titles and that could be considered a scam?
I'm guessing they can't because they could argue that the prefixes have a value of under 20$ but it's still false advertising for the people who bought them to stand out in chat

• Unsure
Reactions: Ornaixx

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hey all. I'd like to remind everyone that we were simply gathering data on this concept and there are always other avenues we can take to implement the things we want for progression, which we've decided to do in this case.

The percentage of people in agreement with removing prefixes is not high enough for us to go through with such a change and as such prefixes will remain in chat. However we will still look at implementing lobby titles as a separate loot type in the future.

Thanks for discussing this topic with us - we understand that if was a stark change to be suggested, however we thank you for the constructive criticism brought forward as it has been very helpful for the product team to reach a conclusion. We hope that our decision can appease everyone - those who are wanting prefixes to stay, and those who want to see lobby titles.

~ Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
Congrats.
Kiyaan gaming world on YouTube
This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
Top Bottom