Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
i have not tested this in the new filter so if its no blocked anymore this thread can be closed

What is necro?

Necro is an abreviation of necromancer, in tower defense i (and many others) like to shorten long words to get my point across when time is short, “ill put some necros down” “ ive got necros, turrets and zues unlocked” and so on (also hes an american rapper, tip of the day :p)

Why is it blocked?

Its apparently to close to a spelling of negro which is used as an racist insult

Why unblock it
Necro is not racist or connotative, just an abreviation of a larger word
As well as a name of a rapper

And before you throw reasons of offensive at me, the only way it would be offensive is if someone read it wrong, yes i am aware that ck and g do have similar sounds, however context is culprit here, but ive never really heard of necro replace negro...

Conclusion

Unblock saying “necro” its not offensive, its a abreviation as well as a name, if its percieved as offensive, thats the fault of the one who deemed it so because they read it wrong, its also really obnoxious to type out the whole word

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
i have not tested this in the new filter so if its no blocked anymore this thread can be closed

What is necro?

Necro is an abreviation of necromancer, in tower defense i (and many others) like to shorten long words to get my point across when time is short, “ill put some necros down” “ ive got necros, turrets and zues unlocked” and so on (also hes an american rapper, tip of the day :p)

Why is it blocked?

Its apparently to close to a spelling of negro which is used as an racist insult

Why unblock it
Necro is not racist or connotative, just an abreviation of a larger word
As well as a name of a rapper

And before you throw reasons of offensive at me, the only way it would be offensive is if someone read it wrong, yes i am aware that ck and g do have similar sounds, however context is culprit here, but ive never really heard of necro replace negro...

Conclusion

Unblock saying “necro” its not offensive, its a abreviation as well as a name, if its percieved as offensive, thats the fault of the one who deemed it so because they read it wrong, its also really obnoxious to type out the whole word
I do believe the chat debate will end soon, and I do think they do block some words that are really unneccessary to block, this would be one of them, but I think that sometime in the future, players wont care. Although some words might be unblocked in the future, sometimes you have to face it, some words might never be unblocked :/

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
I do believe the chat debate will end soon, and I do think they do block some words that are really unneccessary to block, this would be one of them, but I think that sometime in the future, players wont care. Although some words might be unblocked in the future, sometimes you have to face it, some words might never be unblocked :/
unfortunetly your probably right

D

Deleted member 169486

Banning words because they are close to a word used as a more polite way of a racial slur? Wow.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
The word "necro" on itself is not blocked, could you give me a sentence in which it is blocked please?
I once about a year ago tried to say it like “ill place some necros over here” and it blocked it saying “ you are not allowed to say that!” When i inquired about it they said the reason i mentioned above, as i also said i havent tested this on the new filter yet

telegamer

Forum Veteran
Jul 28, 2015
Bansilvania
bit.ly
I once about a year ago tried to say it like “ill place some necros over here” and it blocked it saying “ you are not allowed to say that!” When i inquired about it they said the reason i mentioned above, as i also said i havent tested this on the new filter yet
This isn't blocked and therefore can't be unblocked, if you do find something that shouldn't blocked in your eyes please report it on the bug reports

-Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom