Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Cross-Teamers be punished!

• Total voters

CARDAN18

Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2015
Cakeland
www.twitch.tv
I mean, we don't ban for cross teaming at this time. So what is the real issue where with trucing if you don't get banned, just kicked. Youtubers get warned and we have removed several ranks for disregarding our rules. Players are required to warn players before reporting, so there isn't a big difference really. We have talked to the youtubers that we see break our rules, and if they keep breaking them we remove their rank and may issue a ban.

Terrarialover11

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2014
Crazy Land (I GOT THE COOKIES :D)
As said above, we currently don't have the means to ban anyone for cross-teaming as of now, so there's no real reason to be mad YouTubers that don't get banned like other players. Though I do get why you would be mad, you need to understand that YouTubers are somewhat like advertisers, we would prefer to avoid trouble with them and just warn them rather than go straight to banning them. It's up to them if they choose to continue breaking the rules after that, if so they will be punished accordingly.

PhoenixOmega

Apr 11, 2016
First of all, thanks for everyone replying to this thread, how on earth did we get 200 views on it! :D
Just to respond to a bunch of stuff, said by people, Mods and Admins.
As said above, we currently don't have the means to ban anyone for cross-teaming as of now, so there's no real reason to be mad YouTubers that don't get banned like other players. Though I do get why you would be mad, you need to understand that YouTubers are somewhat like advertisers, we would prefer to avoid trouble with them and just warn them rather than go straight to banning them. It's up to them if they choose to continue breaking the rules after that, if so they will be punished accordingly.
I can get the whole point of advertisers. I mean, YouTube is now one of the biggest types of Media now and not to use it would be wasteful!
I guess that the point of the argument from one side, is that you see other Youtubers with there friends, doing there thing, helping each other for that final showdown! Its just that in the reality of things, this is breaking just a few rulers. And yes, removing one of the biggest parts of advertising available to you guys would be completely foolish (No Offence :P), but I personally think that some rules should be somewhat reinforced.
Now, in no way I'm referring to cutting Youtubers out, I'm not saying to them all do Solo without friends, for that would be just completely stupid, and to be honest, boring! I'm just saying that when they start helping each other, it sort-of makes other people/viewers feel like, "Yeah, I'm going to do that with my friends, and we are going to have a great time winning.". Which, in reality, will result in some sort of Cross-Teaming.
One of the biggest reasons making it so that YouTubers don't get punished straight away seems to be that they help promoting the server. The thing is, they promote it in a way which isn't good for the server at all. Yes there will be more players joining the server, but all those players think that teaming is allowed because the YouTubers they watched teamed as well...

Also, most of the ''YouTuber reports'' are about 2 YouTubers teaming in a SOLO game. But as the rules say, teaming is not bannable, but kickable. So I don't really see how these reports will help because by the time the video gets uploaded the game is over allready...
The YouTubers will get a warning, but will they tell to all their viewers that what they did in the previous episode is not allowed?

I personally think that that is the best solution here, making sure the YouTubers stop with teaming by giving them a real last warning, if they break the rules again they'll lose their rank. Than secundairy, asking the YouTubers to tell their viewers that teaming is not allowed and that they'll stop doing it. This way the YouTubers who really care about playing fair will have the YouTuber rank, the others wont. And the players who join cube because a YouTuber they watch played there will know the rules and will hopefully not break them.
Now, just above in the quote, the user, Roebahn, has a Solution that I believe would work. In his reply to my post, he says that Youtubers should be given a firm warning, to stop this "Cross-Teaming", and to almost hint or tell there viewers that due to rules and regulations, that they will stop influencing each others performance in that game. That I think, would be a great solution, that would involve cutting some Youtubers Off!

Now, saying this, the punishment to a Youtuber breaking rules, well, that wouldn't be mine to decide! But, I think that a good way to enforce this, which isn't the obvious,
Truce = No Harming Each Other
Teaming = No Harming Each Other and Aiding the other

What about when there is 3 players, doing a 1 v 1 v 1, but then two of the players target the other 1 player? Does that considered as teaming?
Tru, they team, but the thing is, you need to be more consistent about the definition of Truce and Teaming :V
Would prefer googling them...

Well, one thing first
Teaming is actually allowed across some games on this server, With the following example :
1. Sky Wars Solo
2. Survival Games
(and i forgot the others .-.)

And again, if you are acknowledging that teaming is not ban-able but kick-able, why would they lose their rank?
If This would apply, then to be fair, all the whole server need to do so for all their player since, the other are also "Players"

What i mean in a nutshell : If you say Youtuber break rules = loses rank, then Obsidian player break rules will also loses rank.
Fair right?

If you want equality to the whole server, i suggest you to think what equality will actually do.
Will it be better, or worse?
Now if we focus on the last portion of the reply, BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker makes a very good point, this whole article, I stated the point that a punishment should be generally equal across all people. As Balthier says, If Youtubers were to lose there rank when breaking a rule, shouldn't that mean that Obsidian Players who also break rules lose there rank? This is a very good point, which is one hard to argue with!

My solution as punishment, well, I guess that many people would have different opinions and ideas, but my personal solution, would be to cut them off from the servers Youtuber ranks, but only after they know what they are doing is wrong. Everyone should have a chance to right there wrongs, and I think this would give them a fair chance to realise there ways.

Anyways, this isn't mine to decide, its up to you, our mighty Admins and Mods!

da egg war lover

Feb 1, 2016
efclukes gingerbread house
First of all, thanks for everyone replying to this thread, how on earth did we get 200 views on it! :D
Just to respond to a bunch of stuff, said by people, Mods and Admins.

I can get the whole point of advertisers. I mean, YouTube is now one of the biggest types of Media now and not to use it would be wasteful!
I guess that the point of the argument from one side, is that you see other Youtubers with there friends, doing there thing, helping each other for that final showdown! Its just that in the reality of things, this is breaking just a few rulers. And yes, removing one of the biggest parts of advertising available to you guys would be completely foolish (No Offence :p), but I personally think that some rules should be somewhat reinforced.
Now, in no way I'm referring to cutting Youtubers out, I'm not saying to them all do Solo without friends, for that would be just completely stupid, and to be honest, boring! I'm just saying that when they start helping each other, it sort-of makes other people/viewers feel like, "Yeah, I'm going to do that with my friends, and we are going to have a great time winning.". Which, in reality, will result in some sort of Cross-Teaming.

Now, just above in the quote, the user, Roebahn, has a Solution that I believe would work. In his reply to my post, he says that Youtubers should be given a firm warning, to stop this "Cross-Teaming", and to almost hint or tell there viewers that due to rules and regulations, that they will stop influencing each others performance in that game. That I think, would be a great solution, that would involve cutting some Youtubers Off!

Now, saying this, the punishment to a Youtuber breaking rules, well, that wouldn't be mine to decide! But, I think that a good way to enforce this, which isn't the obvious,

Now if we focus on the last portion of the reply, BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker makes a very good point, this whole article, I stated the point that a punishment should be generally equal across all people. As Balthier says, If Youtubers were to lose there rank when breaking a rule, shouldn't that mean that Obsidian Players who also break rules lose there rank? This is a very good point, which is one hard to argue with!

My solution as punishment, well, I guess that many people would have different opinions and ideas, but my personal solution, would be to cut them off from the servers Youtuber ranks, but only after they know what they are doing is wrong. Everyone should have a chance to right there wrongs, and I think this would give them a fair chance to realise there ways.

Anyways, this isn't mine to decide, its up to you, our mighty Admins and Mods!
ya but 1 time a person in solo was teaming I said warning 1 for teaming and he said:thats whats utubes do

I think he got kicked and then he got mad at me

iLoveKneeGrows

Apr 13, 2016
You've gotta see the bigger picture, losing a few games to YouTubers who team is worth the players that come with their views.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
ToonBer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd eitje!
Eli wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!
JokeKaedee wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag!! :egg:
Top Bottom