Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Does this phenomenon bother you personally?

• So-so, I won't PvP them but I won

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wink

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hong Kong SAR
Disclaimer: This post is not meant to target or hurt anyone's feelings.
I made a post earlier last year called 'A Glimpse Into The Life of a Lagger' and that was my old account. That post really reminded me about how lag affects my gameplay and therefore I wanted to make this post!

Hi everyone! This is a new account (old one is Winkeh) and my current username in-game is AstroHaze, although it might change for the future. I am a frequent PvP (FFA) player and lead a clan named Astro. I just saw something I find really interesting around the server and would like to ask some of you about it!

So I currently am experiencing a very high ping count (around 250-300ms) and that is considered bad lag to most. But for most of the time, it doesn't affect me playing PvP. My question is, in all of you guys' opinion, is this lag a deal breaker for playing PvP altogether? Aka, would you deny someone like me as a 'decent' player if we experience lag?

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I don’t go on FFA that often anymore but out of previous experience I know for sure that even players with high ping can be good at PvP.

It used to bug me a bit when people were lagging due to hits from them being delayed and it was a bit difficult to fight them compared to people with better ping but after a while, I stopped caring about that.
I usually don’t have that bad ping but I’ve personally had some lag every now and then and I know that it is hard for the person who is actually lagging as well because just the way they move for others, other players move like that for them.

So in general, yes, a player with high ping can be as good as anyone at PvP.

Reactions: ImJunior and wink

wink

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hong Kong SAR
Thanks for the reply.

I agree with your premise. It makes sense! Also, I personally also know from personal experience that even players with high ping do work very hard to train and develop their skills! Therefore from one viewpoint, they should be considered as actual PvPers.

Would also like to see some other opinions as this is a very dynamic topic.​

Reactions: Livvv

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I think it gives you a serious advantage against the opposing player because it becomes extremely difficult for them to predict where you are going to be.

For example many players move their cursors to where a player with <70 ping will be in half a second, this is how people combo, but if you lag pretty badly then they cant do this and they will miss a lot, it also allows you to get a second hit as they are being pushed back, on their screen you are out of range but on yours they might be reachable, and the server allows that hit through.

wink

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hong Kong SAR
I see what you're saying Story! That definitely makes sense and I've seen this happen with my fights quite often. Even for me, I notice I get very unconventional hits when fighting others.

This does give me an advantage, and I acknowledge it's difficult to fight against. That's why I also don't attack people randomly that often because I know they'll probably be annoyed. However, I hope that makes me a 'bad' player as some have told me in very 'kind' words haha

Thanks for the input though, you made a pretty logical argument.​

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End
Absolutely Not! That's shouldn't make any difference. Lately I've been seeing players belittle you for having bad ping, as if you 100% choose to fight that way. This should not affect your status as a decent pvper. I do fully agree with the post @Story made and i understand why they're frustrated but it's not like you intentionally ruin your own connection just to have this type of advantage over players. If you could stop the lag you definitely would. I believe that these "Good Ping Players" should be more understanding to "laggers" They DO NOT Choose To Fight Like That! Even though a fight with a lagger frustrates you, don't complain and disparage them. Just say gg and move on with your day. I find it kinda selfish that you complain about a problem a player has that; You encounter about as much as a hacker, and the player can't really do anything about.

No i would not deny you at all. Don't let the ping get you down fam. It should not deter you from being a decent pvper, and its sad that some players will make it seem like you're to blame here, and making it seem like you can fix this problem with the flip of a switch.

Reactions: wink

wink

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hong Kong SAR
Thank you Zig! I highly appreciate that encouraging comment. That's the argument that I sometimes try to make with players hating on us for lagging. Many players can't obtain good connection because it is geographically inconvenient, and I've seen many be belittled as you've said around PvP. It is truly disheartening to see people being toxic towards someone just because of high ping! Yes, what Story mentioned is definitely valid, but even when you're frustrated, I believe you should be nice about it! As my favorite YouTuber Lilly Singh once said: "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it!"

Lag is difficult not just for the opposing player but for us too! It's out of our reach and control. We need to also start encouraging players with this problem to not be distraught about it, spread more positivity and not hate around CC.​

Reactions: TheZigbot9000

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Honestly: right now it doesn't really bother me, but if you should've asked me a year ago my answer should be really different. It's most likely that back then, when I took this game way too serious, I kinda hated all those ''laggers'', it's really hard to get a nice combo on them. But now; I don't really care due the fact that I'm not realy tryharding anymore, and I also became a lot more mature, and less toxic. Anyways, most of the people with a low ping are still really nice guys, right now I don't see a reason anymore to get bothered about it. But everyone has there own opinion and I think you should just ignore the people who're ''hating'' on you and your clan! :3

wink

Novice Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hong Kong SAR
I get how the general attitude of yourself towards PvP will affect this. I of course agree that most of the low-ping players are quite nice, but there just are a VERY small amount of people that hate on us only because fo the lag. I'll try to ignore them, thanks for the advice!

Cheers.​

Reactions: Finixly
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Top Bottom