Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

EdibleNummies

Jul 21, 2023
Me and my friend have both been falsely banned for flying by sentinel over 3 times. All times that we have been falsely banned we have either been extremely glitchy or laggy. Both of us are from Australia and we average around 150-190 ping, I believe that this is the reason that we were glitching/lagging, therefore getting falsely banned.

My suggestion to fix this problem would be either a more lenient sentinel depending on ping or instead of you actually being banned when sentinel detects a hacker it would record the game and it would get reviewed by admins.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rocks1

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
That would make the anticheat very inefficient though. As much as I agree that they should reduce bans for glitch/lag in some way as I've got some personal experience with that happening, I do not think they should remove automated banning as that's the only thing that keeps blatant kill aura users, fly hackers, anti-kb hackers, and all other sorts of people away from ruining the server.

Sentinels automated banning, combined with its generally high quality, is the only thing that keeps cubecraft from becoming completely infested with hackers.

And speaking of personal experience:
Back when mineplex still existed, their anticheat didn't have automated banning. This resulted in there being large amounts of hackers absolutely everywhere on the entire server for years up until the day it finally shut down. Not even just hackers though, the mods of mineplex often took days, weeks, sometimes even months to as much as just take a look at a report, nevermind actually accepting it and punishing the players.

This also lead to massive amounts of rule offenders that weren't hacking, there were tons of exploiters, crossteamers, and all sorts of other rule offenders plaguing the server. And all of that because the few mods they had were too busy handling the reports they'd not have to handle if they had just used automated banning.

To top it off, similar to cubecraft, not a lot of people actually bothered to report rule offenders and hackers. They even ran statistics for that for one month of the server just to see who has the most reports, who has the most accepted reports, etc. and some of the people in the top 10 had as little as 3 or 4, and below that it was rare to find anyone with just 1 report. I myself was 4 or 5th on that list with only 6 accepted reports for the whole month...

And some of those hackers I mentioned often could go months without a ban, and nearly all other rule offenders and less-blatant hackers did not have to worry about punishment at all.

And to make all of it worse: Mineplex absolutely refused to do ip-banning/blocking (like sentinel does), which meant that even if a hacker finally got banned, they could just be back on an alt the next day.

Tl;dr:

As much as automated anticheat banning may inconvenience you, it is generally speaking much better for the server than to have a mod have to review every single hacker simply because you got high ping and the anticheat mistakenly thinks you are hacking.

Sentinel is literally the best anticheat on all bedrock servers due to its automated banning, IP-Blocking and its generally high quality and ability to catch most hackers very quickly.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
“Best”
Have you actually seen the anticheats on the other servers? Lifeboat and Galaxite might as well not have one, and the one on the hive is a joke.

Cubecraft absolutely has the best anticheat out of all bedrock servers, in part due to all of the others being terrible, but also because sentinel isn't a bad anticheat, its actually pretty decent. I do not see a lot of hackers in my games, and when I do, they are dealt with pretty quickly. Most of the rule offenders I encounter are teamers, campers or trolls, I can often go several days or weeks without encountering a hacker.

Can't say the same about my experience with lifeboat, galaxite or the hive.

Reactions: ElFlxen_
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Top Bottom