Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

gadboizzz

Nov 1, 2015
~Warning, there will be profane language (obviously) because it's words which should be added to the filter~

Since staff apparently punish for words not even part of the filter *cough* Getting permanently muted for saying "tf" *cough*, here are some words I've seen others say/use which should be part of the filter (basing off of the "tf" mute. While I don't agree words such as "crap" and "lmfao" should be added, apparently whoever thought "tf" was bad believes these words shouldn't be allowed.)

Without further ado:
  1. Fan (Directly translates to devil but also means "shit," "fuck," "damn," and "crap" in Swedish)
  2. Jävla ("Fucking" in Swedish)
  3. Javla (Misspelled variation of jävla)
  4. Skit ("Shit" in Swedish
  5. Tf (What I was perm muted for ^-^)
  6. Crap
  7. Arsel ("Ass" in Swedish)
  8. Röv ("Ass" in Swedish)
  9. Tit (Not filtered already?)
  10. Fitta ("Pussy" in Swedish)
  11. Hora ("Whore" in Swedish)
  12. Kuk ("Dick" in Swedish)
  13. "Kuksugare" ("Cocksucker" in Swedish)
  14. Lmfao (If "tf" is bad, "lmfao" should be too)
  15. Cracker (Racial slur against white people)
  16. Coon (Racial slur against black people)
  17. Cune (Misspelled variation of coon)
  18. Kike (Slur against Jewish people)

If you sensed some passive aggressiveness, good job.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Fan (Directly translates to devil but also means "shit," "fuck," "damn," and "crap" in Swedish)
Most of the time I see people use this in the context of being a subscriber to a youtuber, fan of a band, or saying "i fan" as an inside joke for most of the community. This would make it pretty difficult to speak with the filter ruining sentences for us.

• Jävla ("Fucking" in Swedish)
  • Javla (Misspelled variation of jävla)

• Arsel ("Ass" in Swedish)
  • Röv ("Ass" in Swedish)
Fitta ("Pussy" in Swedish)
  • Kuk ("Dick" in Swedish)
  • "Kuksugare" ("Cocksucker" in Swedish)
I don't see an excuse for this, but I also never see people use this. If this has to be filtered, so would the equivalent of this word in every other language.

Tit (Not filtered already?)
Usually never really used, but this can be filtered to be honest.

Skit ("Shit" in Swedish
96cef336d17472fb3adc42be7debf065.png

Tf (What I was perm muted for ^-^)
"tf" itself is a short abbrevation, basically only 2 letters. This could mess with so many different sentences & combinations of words, and people would hate the filter more than they already do.

Hora ("Whore" in Swedish)
Means "hour" in spanish. This would block their right to speak spanish by a bit, since "hour" is a common word.

I personally don't really see the profanity in this. But that's just my opinion.

Lmfao (If "tf" is bad, "lmfao" should be too)
Doesn't really refer to anyone, and I never see anyone being offended by that. Abbreviations usually are excused, but sometimes (depending on the context) you can get muted.

Cracker (Racial slur against white people)
"I just ate a cracker"
I rarely see people using this word, let alone in that context.
  • Coon (Racial slur against black people)
  • Cune (Misspelled variation of coon)
I've never heard of these two terms befgore. I doubt there's a point in filtering them.

Kike (Slur against Jewish people)
Again, never heard of it. I don't see the point in adding this right now.

Long story short: There may be words in other languages that can mean something bad, but you can warn and/or report them for it if used in a bad context.
I don't think Cube is going to go through the effort of adding them, as it means that they need to add every corresponding swear word from other languages too, which could result in them accidentally blocking relatively common words from yet another language.
The things you were muted at least required you to receive a warning, given by a player or given officially by a staff member, so that's your own fault. Things like that just require a warning if used in a specific context.

gadboizzz

Nov 1, 2015
Most of the time I see people use this in the context of being a subscriber to a youtuber, fan of a band, or saying "i fan" as an inside joke for most of the community. This would make it pretty difficult to speak with the filter ruining sentences for us.
I agree with this one (I was just being completely overkill because the staff I was messaging got overly triggered).

I don't see an excuse for this, but I also never see people use this. If this has to be filtered, so would the equivalent of this word in every other language.
Whenever I go into a lobby and ask if there are any Swedes, I'm more likely than not able to have a few people say "Jag är svensk," etc.

Yes, this is an English word (as is "fan"), but I don't believe I've ever seen someone use it in the context like "Did you see the SNL skit last night" but I have seen "Äh skit, helvete fitta" (Oh shit, go to hell pussy).

"tf" itself is a short abbrevation, basically only 2 letters. This could mess with so many different sentences & combinations of words, and people would hate the filter more than they already do.
Then they should at least let it be known not to say such. If they can enter it in the filter as " tf" (with a space before) it could eliminate an accidentally filter such as someone trying to say "witful" etc.

Means "hour" in spanish. This would block their right to speak spanish by a bit, since "hour" is a common word.
Once again, completely agree.

I personally don't really see the profanity in this. But that's just my opinion.
I find crap to be rude at most, but considering (a certain staff member [who I am EAGERLY waiting to comment] found tf offensive and that's used to show confusion or exclamation), I can see the same staff member punishing for this.

Doesn't really refer to anyone, and I never see anyone being offended by that. Abbreviations usually are excused, but sometimes (depending on the context) you can get muted.
I just know staff can get triggered when "fuck" in an abbreviation ;)

"I just ate a cracker"
I rarely see people using this word, let alone in that context.
I have never once seen someone use that word (in Minecraft) for anything but a racial slur.

I've never heard of these two terms befgore. I doubt there's a point in filtering them.

Again, never heard of it. I don't see the point in adding this right now.
Common slurs, even if many are not aware, it would still be worth adding in my opinion.

Long story short: There may be words in other languages that can mean something bad, but you can warn and/or report them for it if used in a bad context.
Agreed (considering hora means "whore" in Swedish; "mountain" in Czech; and "hour" in Latin, Portuguese, and Spanish,

I don't think Cube is going to go through the effort of adding them, as it means that they need to add every corresponding swear word from other languages too, which could result in them accidentally blocking relatively common words from yet another language.
Not much effort is involved to add a word to a filter (at least the staff member I PMed after he muted me said he'd have "tf" added to the filter) and considering the Swedish population of the server, no harm could be done in doing this.

The things you were muted at least required you to receive a warning, given by a player or given officially by a staff member, so that's your own fault. Things like that just require a warning if used in a specific context.
  1. I was not warned.
  2. I reported another player for a racist joke (dad left joke) after my friend (ThatOneGirl1103) said she was black.
  3. The staff member denied it (maybe racist himself? I don't know) and punished me for asking "Why tf is a Pancake lecturing me" (Pancake being the name of the kid defending the racist person who made the dad left joke).

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I was not warned.
I suggest you start a conversation with the staff member who muted you in this case, as I'm pretty sure most staff would agree that a warning is necessary in this context.

• I reported another player for a racist joke (dad left joke) after my friend (ThatOneGirl1103) said she was black.
  • The staff member denied it (maybe racist himself? I don't know) and punished me for asking "Why tf is a Pancake lecturing me" (Pancake being the name of the kid defending the racist person who made the dad left joke).
Blatant racist stereotyping gets muted without warning. I'm surprised to hear that a staff member denied the report.
Are you sure it was actually denied? or was said player already punished before they got to your report?
Either way, you shouldn't have been muted according to what you said.

Reactions: gadboizzz

gadboizzz

Nov 1, 2015
I suggest you start a conversation with the staff member who muted you in this case, as I'm pretty sure most staff would agree that a warning is necessary in this context.

Blatant racist stereotyping gets muted without warning. I'm surprised to hear that a staff member denied the report.
Are you sure it was actually denied? or was said player already punished before they got to your report?
Either way, you shouldn't have been muted according to what you said.
Thanks, I'll gladly PM him.

Banning the words "fan", "skit", or "crap". Is kinda dumb. Fan and skit are legit English words, and I don't see crap being innapropriate.
Yeah, I'm just being shallow because the staff member was ;)

Maybe instead of banning trivial stuff we should want to not have people get perma muted for "tf" ...
BASICALLY the whole point of this thread. I just couldn't phrase it like that or it'd be taken down.

@Orangeric88 Please remove this thread, I made my point ;)

Reactions: ChasingRainbows

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
I think jävla, javla, arsel, röv, tit, fitta, kuk, kuksugare and the last 4 words should be filtered. I don't think the other words should be filtered because of what people said above.

N

Nikboo

First off, you shouldn't have been muted. I will be speaking with the staff member who dealt with your punishment about this case. I'm sure it was a simple mistake. :)
Secondly, I'll message the appropriate staff member about a few of these words since I do agree that some should be filtered.

Reactions: Despacito 2

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
Not all of these should be filtered in my opinion.
Crap, fan, tf, lmfao, skit shouldn't be filtered in my opinion.

Some of these I have never heard of, let alone seen in game, so these shouldn't really be filtered.
I think jävla, javla, arsel, röv, tit, fitta, kuk, kuksugare and the last 4 words should be filtered. I don't think the other words should be filtered because of what people said above.
^ completely agree

Top Bottom