Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should printscreens be allowed as evidence? Staff can still deny if they think it's not enough.

• No

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Other (place in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
ALL team related activities in solo- games are banable and yet teams continue to freely roam Cubecraft, unchallenged and unpunished.

I don't have always time to 'quickly activate' record everything + it makes my computer lag. However printscreens are much faster.

Those obvious teamers below just killed me in a 1vs2 combat. They were standing together, sharing stuff and in the end one hitting me from the cliff while the other kept distracting me.

Reason I'm posting this here instead of report is because Cubecraft currently doesn't provide any tools to upload images as evidence against teamers. It is my believe Cubecraft should change this policy and at least add the option to provide printscreens as well and base their judgment on that instead of denying forms of printscreens all together.

Kind Regards

Attachments

• ev1x.png
    ev1x.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 286
  • ev2x.png
    ev2x.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 236

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Even if some screenshots may look like they have enough evidence, screenshots don't really show action so it can be difficult to tell whether players are teaming or not. It is unfortunate that there are times where someone can't start up a recording in time to get teamers on video. I suffer from this sometimes, but I try to make it work or I hope to run into them again.

My opinion is that it should stay like it is with video evidence being a firm requirement to report teamers.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I sometimes stand still if I pvp with a player, and there could be players who are lucky enough (Lucky islands joke ahahahahaha :p) to take a screenshot at that moment.
A moderator could consider that as 'teaming', while I don't even team with the other player.
That would give me an unfair ban.
I do not agree, sorry.
(And, btw, those players on the screenshot were allowed to team, because they were the only players left)

Reactions: werra11

Fantasyz

Dedicated Member
Aug 14, 2016
I think there always needs to be video evidence because you can see if they teaming. If you have a screen it can be false

Reactions: werra11 and remio

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
Screenshots are not sufficient nor will they ever be sufficient, it doesn't show the flipside of the story and there would be no way for a player to defend themself. This would spike falsebans which is something we want to avoid.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
ALL team related activities in solo- games are banable and yet teams continue to freely roam Cubecraft, unchallenged and unpunished.

I don't have always time to 'quickly activate' record everything + it makes my computer lag. However printscreens are much faster.

Those obvious teamers below just killed me in a 1vs2 combat. They were standing together, sharing stuff and in the end one hitting me from the cliff while the other kept distracting me.

Reason I'm posting this here instead of report is because Cubecraft currently doesn't provide any tools to upload images as evidence against teamers. It is my believe Cubecraft should change this policy and at least add the option to provide printscreens as well and base their judgment on that instead of denying forms of printscreens all together.

Kind Regards
I say no because they could just be standing next to eachother as a coincidence, but at the same time, if you got like 2 or 3 screenshots of them interacting, then that is probably good enough.
+1

DragonLord

Dedicated Member
May 1, 2017
Scotland
As many have said, screenshots aren't usually enough. It can be taken out of proportion and made to look like teaming when it's not.

Another thing I'd like to say, if you end up with maybe 4 players remaining and they all team and don't kill each other, this is allowed if they all have agreed to team and there is nobody else left alive who is not part of their team. So, either way, these screenshots you provided wouldn't be accepted if screenshots was accepted as evidence.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
This would never work in fights between more than 2 people, because most people attack the low person and then it looks like 2v1 for the person who get attacked and if someone spectate, they can screen and get people banned even if they didn't team.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Maybe that player is using the golden apple as bait? I do that sometimes. Act friendly to fool them afterwards.

Riiiiiight, that's why they stand togheter near the abbys as well.. you know to trow away stuff for fun "by accident"

I think a staff member should decide IF you think you have enough evidence, regarding if it's a movie or images, instead of banning the opportunity all together.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Could be confusing, but this is clear, I'm not sure, but how did that one guy have a disc? Or how did you not get the resource pack? xd

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

Kind Regards
Although sometimes a screenshot can be enough to show teaming, it can be interpreted in many different ways.
This would lead to many unfair bans and not banning players who actually deserve a punishment. I understand your situation, but I'm afraid this is not a viable solution.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I still completely stand by the use of video evidence instead of picture evidence. With pictures, it’s just a still image with no context whatsoever - for all we know, the screenshot could be the player behind the other player waiting for them to realise they’re behind them. Video evidence provides solid proof enough for a ban, as all context is given, and we can make it crystal clear to them that they are teaming.
In the circumstance where the player appeals and claims they’re not teaming, we will be forced to look over the evidence in thorough detail - but we won’t have that much if we have a screenshot of them next to each other. This way, we can deny the appeal because the video evidence provided is enough to support our claims.
Therefore, I disagree with this suggestion. -1

Reactions: Cubo ㅤ

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Though I believe you that they were teaming
In this case you have no proof they were teaming before there were 2 people
Which wouldn't be against the rules
Also even in other examples
You can't prove they aren't just either 1 just not hitting the other unintentionally
2 that they want equal gear for a fair fight
3 they aren't going to be causing trouble but just want to do something special like build a cactus (Don't know why so specific)

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
I still completely stand by the use of video evidence instead of picture evidence. With pictures, it’s just a still image with no context whatsoever - for all we know, the screenshot could be the player behind the other player waiting for them to realise they’re behind them. Video evidence provides solid proof enough for a ban, as all context is given, and we can make it crystal clear to them that they are teaming.
In the circumstance where the player appeals and claims they’re not teaming, we will be forced to look over the evidence in thorough detail - but we won’t have that much if we have a screenshot of them next to each other. This way, we can deny the appeal because the video evidence provided is enough to support our claims.
Therefore, I disagree with this suggestion. -1

Explain THIS to me, which I think should be enough to prove beyond any doubt these ***ts were teaming. I left the time on purpose, right corner below.

Attachments

• evd1.png
    evd1.png
    627.5 KB · Views: 223
  • evd2.png
    evd2.png
    651.7 KB · Views: 232
  • evd3.png
    evd3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 204
  • evd4.png
    evd4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Heya, after a good while years having not appreciated sleep a lot, have I learned things. I have most of the times seen it as a hindrance to things such as relations and projects. But after years I realised that you need to sleep to be well. Both physically and mentally. When I also realized that I could work better and more efficiently, did I try to get more sleep. That reminds me, I need to sleep now hah XD
Eli wrote on marshduck11's profile.
I like your profile picture
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Thank you so mush for everything

I know i am late bc i didn't realize that you have left the team sadly we see the better one go ..
Will be announcing the giveaway winner within the next 2 hours or so.
Reesle wrote on Cloudiefly's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂 ☁️
Top Bottom