Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should printscreens be allowed as evidence? Staff can still deny if they think it's not enough.

• No

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Other (place in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Official Rules:
“Teaming is defined as intentionally working together with an enemy player in a solo mode game.“

It’s not.
If the two pass gear to each other to make a fair 1v1 and quickly fight straight after their quick exchange of gear, they aren’t teaming as they aren’t intentionaly working together.

They can 1vs1 AFTER everyone is death not when other people are alive. If 'they' want to make it their own game they should get an own private server. When you play in a solo game you are expected to play solo and not bend the rules when others are still in it.

You haven’t really proven your point. In order to get valid evidence, you’d need at least 100+ frames captured.

This wasn't a point I'm telling you as a fact that this topic is not to discus the benifits of a movie. And 100+ frames? are you going to count???

Official Rules:

Moderation staff don’t get payed.

Moderation staff not getting paid is not my concern. Cubecraft gets paid by donators to keep their server running. If Cubecraft decides to not invest in their moderators regardless the donators then the Cubecraft community has the full right to hold Cubecraft accountable for when things turning sloppy.

If for whatever reason Cubecraft doesn´t receive enough money from donators to keep everything running properly they (from economic perspective) don’t have a right to exist. Just like any other company that runs with loses. But I do think Cubecraft should invest more in QUALIFIED staff, though I've seen worse servers.

It’s not a worthless arguement. It’s actually quite a valid one.
If moderation was a boring job, nobody would choose it. It is voluntary and therefore it must have some aspect of enjoyment in order for moderators to keep doing hard work for Cubecraft.

No fun = No moderators = No reports done.
Moderators don’t just grow on trees (from the saying, money doesn’t grow on trees)

Just because it's voluntary should not mean that because of it stuff, like reports, doesn't get done anymore 'because it isn't fun'. As a mod you have a job to do and being a mod is not only about the 'fun' part. Either they accept their responsibility or Cubecraft should seriously consider hiring actual qualified staff instead of letting the place run by kids. Again, not my problem. Fact remains that 'keeping it fun for mods' also means 'quality of the actual job degrees', which shouldn't be the case.

============

I'm not discussing these point any further here since they have nothing to do with whether or not the images itself are enough to provide as evidence against teamers.

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
If for whatever reason Cubecraft doesn´t receive enough money from donators to keep everything running properly they (from economic perspective) don’t have a right to exist. Just like any other company that runs with loses. But I do think Cubecraft should invest more in QUALIFIED staff, though I've seen worse servers.

The only staff that gets paid are Developers and they are the only staff members that fit the certification as "Qualified" because they make new games, fix lag, enhance server, fix anti-cheat. For cubecraft to pay someone that watches over an environment within a game would never be noticed as qualified and almost every other server in existence goes by these standards.

Also, I know it would be extremely out of the way but people are always able to change the time on their computers in their favor in these scenarios. Furthermore from those screenshots I am informed that your computer runs on windows and you can record your screen with the simple buttons of (Windows+Alt+R) as long as you have something to save it to which I believe by default is your video's folder on your computer but you may also link it to something like a Xbox account. There are various backups and programs and one will show worthwhile without a hefty amount of lag.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
The only staff that gets paid are Developers and they are the only staff members that fit the certification as "Qualified" because they make new games, fix lag, enhance server, fix anti-cheat. For cubecraft to pay someone that watches over an environment within a game would never be noticed as qualified and almost every other server in existence goes by these standards.

Also, I know it would be extremely out of the way but people are always able to change the time on their computers in their favor in these scenarios. Furthermore from those screenshots I am informed that your computer runs on windows and you can record your screen with the simple buttons of (Windows+Alt+R) as long as you have something to save it to which I believe by default is your video's folder on your computer but you may also link it to something like a Xbox account. There are various backups and programs and one will show worthwhile without a hefty amount of lag.

I'm not discussing staff payment any further in this topic, I think I've made my points clear enough.

And yes, that COULD be the case, but if you think like that I might as well photoshop an entire scenario toghether. And why stop there? I could hire some scrubs to change there names, make a replica of the map, place it in my own world and fake the entire set. If that were the case could you even trust video >_>? I also have some russian maffia mc spies under your bed and I'm also head of the illuminatie, incase you were wondering.

Nikoshka

Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2018
Glaucus7 said:
They can 1vs1 AFTER everyone is death not when other people are alive. If 'they' want to make it their own game they should get an own private server. When you play in a solo game you are expected to play solo and not bend the rules when others are still in it.

Ok? So you’re telling them what they should do but fact remains that they aren’t breaking the rules.

Glaucus7 said:
If for whatever reason Cubecraft doesn´t receive enough money from donators to keep everything running properly they (from economic perspective) don’t have a right to exist.

Ok. Cubecraft doesn’t have a right to exist because they don’t have the money to pay moderation staff.

Glaucus7 said:
Just because it's voluntary should not mean that because of it stuff, like reports, doesn't get done anymore 'because it isn't fun'. As a mod you have a job to do and being a mod is not only about the 'fun' part. Either they accept their responsibility or Cubecraft should seriously consider hiring actual qualified staff instead of letting the place run by kids. Again, not my problem. Fact remains that 'keeping it fun for mods' also means 'quality of the actual job degrees', which shouldn't be the case.

I don’t really think you see the pattern here though.
No fun = No moderators = No dealt with reports
Reports are annoying and timeconsuming and therefore should be kept to a minimum.

Also, moderators could have banned at least 3 pairs of teamers in the time they took to deny all screenshot reports.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Ok? So you’re telling them what they should do but fact remains that they aren’t breaking the rules.
Sharing (even IF it's just to have a fair dual) is a form of teaming. They 'team' to bend the game to their will while others are in it while it's suppose to be a solo game. For this they bypass the Solo-game rules which is a violation of the rules. I personally woulsn't mind when no one else is on board, but as you can see in my example there are clearly more players. Not that they intended to hold a 1vs1 battle in the first place.

Ok. Cubecraft doesn’t have a right to exist because they don’t have the money to pay moderation staff.

FROM ECONOMIC PERSPECTIVE LIKE ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT DOESNT EARN ENOUGH MONEY TO KEEP THEIR BUSINESS RUNNING
I thought Im made myself clear enough

I don’t really think you see the pattern here though.
No fun = No moderators = No dealt with reports
Reports are annoying and timeconsuming and therefore should be kept to a minimum.

Let me make my "pattern", specially for you

Lots of 'FUN' = Lots of moderators = 0 jobs getting done. Is that how you want it? Only thinking of 'fun'?

Do see how black/white you think? Being a mod is not about 'the fun' part. It's about responsibility and getting stuff done. IF you can't handle it you shouldn't be a mod, that simple. Also I'm very curious what you call 'fun'. Having power/statis? Being admired? Because I find that very primative reasons for wanting to be a mod.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
Although I see why you can be frustrated that screenshots aren't accepted for teaming reports, the bottom line is that the majority of the time, they don't give a real idea of what is going on at the time. There could be pictures where two players are standing near each other in some cases where they are teaming but may not be teaming.

Lets say there was a picture of a player running away from another player, you wouldn't be able to tell if they are teaming (and just following each other) or the player is running away (to not get killed, low health, etc). There are just too many cases like this in which we wouldn't be able to tell when looking at a picture(s).

In the case that it's denied, the player who reported the pictures would then say "I saw them teaming and these pictures are proof" but as I mentioned in my previous example, it's just sometimes impossible to tell.

And as I see in your pictures, it is possible those players were teaming, but there is still not enough concrete evidence to punish players. We do not want to start false banning players based off pictures which do not provide enough proof to ban them, which is why I don't think we will accept pictures for teaming reports.

Reactions: SpringWarz

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Although I see why you can be frustrated that screenshots aren't accepted for teaming reports, the bottom line is that the majority of the time, they don't give a real idea of what is going on at the time. There could be pictures where two players are standing near each other in some cases where they are teaming but may not be teaming.

Lets say there was a picture of a player running away from another player, you wouldn't be able to tell if they are teaming (and just following each other) or the player is running away (to not get killed, low health, etc). There are just too many cases like this in which we wouldn't be able to tell when looking at a picture(s).

In the case that it's denied, the player who reported the pictures would then say "I saw them teaming and these pictures are proof" but as I mentioned in my previous example, it's just sometimes impossible to tell.

And as I see in your pictures, it is possible those players were teaming, but there is still not enough concrete evidence to punish players. We do not want to start false banning players based off pictures which do not provide enough proof to ban them, which is why I don't think we will accept pictures for teaming reports.

You may rule to say 'with the image I currently have I don't think it's enough'. But I want to have a fair oppurtunity to provide printscreens as evidence. Not even that is granted, which is why I started this topic.

The points you named have been named before in previous replies, no point repeating them.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
The points you named have been named before in previous replies, no point repeating them.
Sure, there have been multiple people (including staff) saying the same thing. Though, they are valid reasons as to why cube should not allow screenshots as teaming evidence.

It is understood that you want a chance to submit screenshots as evidence, but why would you want to if you know they are going to deny the report and say you need video evidence with context of what is actually happening in the game?

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Sure, there have been multiple people (including staff) saying the same thing. Though, they are valid reasons as to why cube should not allow screenshots as teaming evidence.

It is understood that you want a chance to submit screenshots as evidence, but why would you want to if you know they are going to deny the report and say you need video evidence with context of what is actually happening in the game?

Because I believe I can provide indisputable evidence of teaming by means of printscreens instead of video, thats why. So no, I don't 'know'.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Sure, you might, but what about the tonnes and tonnes of teaming reports that we receive that will be false? Waste of our time, waste of your time in reporting. :p

Oh pleasssseee. It’s a well-known fact that Cubecrafts mods don’t possess soles and are entities driven by pure negative cosmic energy to balance the positive feelings hackers and cheaters obtain when violations occur. For this Cubecrafts mods outlive the stars themselves so don’t argue me that you don’t have time to do “tonnes and tonnes” of teaming reports.

As for me I live of the salty tears from my enemies and those who did me wrong. Like those scrub teamers who teamed me to death in game that’s supposed to be SOLO.

Aerlia

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2017
Even if two players are so clearly teaming, many people would take adventage of it.
Anyone should be able to take a screenshot from 2 players, but maybe they weren’t even teaming.
And it would take too much time to look at all those (fake) reports.
Just download a video recorder. (OBS, Bandicam,..)

Reactions: Twann

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
ALL team related activities in solo- games are banable and yet teams continue to freely roam Cubecraft, unchallenged and unpunished.

I don't have always time to 'quickly activate' record everything + it makes my computer lag. However printscreens are much faster.

Those obvious teamers below just killed me in a 1vs2 combat. They were standing together, sharing stuff and in the end one hitting me from the cliff while the other kept distracting me.

Reason I'm posting this here instead of report is because Cubecraft currently doesn't provide any tools to upload images as evidence against teamers. It is my believe Cubecraft should change this policy and at least add the option to provide printscreens as well and base their judgment on that instead of denying forms of printscreens all together.

Kind Regards
I’m sorry but we currently don’t and will not support screenshots in the future either.
Reasons have been given in this thread already. May you have any issues with this conclusion, feel free to talk to @Tacosbefriends

Thank you for your suggestion ^-^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom