Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Who thinks cube should tell u if your sentence got censored

• Total voters

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
There is a few ways to look at it
- I have friends who are actually called Hamza, and feel disappointed with the measures that are taken just because a single user decided to do something bad in the network. So it's totally understandable and I completely agree that not all Hamzas are nicks/real life names that support this hacker
- But on the other hand, you have to understand that there might be lots of Hamzas in this Network and some might be with intentions to support the hacker. For CubeCraft it is impossible to know if your nick is refered to the hacker or if it is to your real name!

So it might be true that the system that they have might not be the most efficient way to control stuff, but you have to think from both sides

PS: Not supporting one side or another, I was just saying why this might happen.
Ok but like how is that a good way of fixing it? If a Hamza is a populair hacker its still not ok to then say to the other Hamzas on this planet like ait so this person did smth bad u cant use ur own name anymore. If the person was called John would they really censor Johns name ?? Its stupid and lazy ngl. Even if lets say the person is called ilovehamzathehacker123, if they dont hack are they rlly doing anything against the server?? Also the fact you cant even type or send the name ''Hamza'' like why? Every Hamza ever cant say their name based on one person their actions because cubecraft will cry themself to sleep or something if someone that would actually support the guy says Hamza the hacker is the best!

Wr3ktByBlock

Novice Member
May 23, 2018
Gloucester,England
There is a few ways to look at it
- I have friends who are actually called Hamza, and feel disappointed with the measures that are taken just because a single user decided to do something bad in the network. So it's totally understandable and I completely agree that not all Hamzas are nicks/real life names that support this hacker
- But on the other hand, you have to understand that there might be lots of Hamzas in this Network and some might be with intentions to support the hacker. For CubeCraft it is impossible to know if your nick is refered to the hacker or if it is to your real name!

So it might be true that the system that they have might not be the most efficient way to control stuff, but you have to think from both sides

PS: Not supporting one side or another, I was just saying why this might happen.
Yes ban a hackers name whereas thousands of names of people who are worse arent censored for example "Osama Bin Laden". i can say htat without gettign censored. Bet 100% people would use the name to support him too. If you ban one name u have to ban the rest, or its just bias af.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
The best way is to just keep banning hackers instead of censoring actual names o.o Imagine not being able to say or use your own birthname because cubecraft censored it purely based on one hacker.
I'm not the one who writes rules.
If you wish to suggest changes, then feel free to do so.

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
Just said in my previous message the following

Didn't say I do not support the name being blocked, just mentioned that it might be difficult for them
Iknow, but im in a way talking to cubecraft here. Even if they thought the things you said its still not a good reason to ban someones birthname. You can probably say way worse names and it would be totally fine but ohno a hacker we cant have that even tho its a name of thousands of people.

D

Deleted member 492126

I see why you are upset and completely understand, that you might don't keep an eye on the famous minecraft hackers, but the sad truth is, that they exsist.
You've been punished because the one who punished you had thought, that you might encourage/support this hacker, which is prohibited, since hacking itself is bannable.
No one except you can know what you meant with this name, and that's why they took this preventive measure.
If you want to be unpunished, then just change your nick.
The creator of the thread isn't complaining about his Minecraft username being banned. He created this thread because the word 'hamza' is blocked by the chat filter.
We don't ban a name just because it has the word 'hamza' in it, that doesn't really make any sense
---------------------------

@potatogamer69 I understand your concerns and will forward this thread to a higher-up. If you want to suggest more changes related to the chat filter, please do so here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/chat-filter-word-requests.212389/

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hey! I've removed "hamza" and "hamz@" from our chat filter. Sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. It was added into the filter specifically because a mass cheater and spam-botter was spamming our network with hamza and was finding bypasses for it. Looks like they have stopped now so I've removed them phrases, hopefully they don't come back with them :D

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Vorealys wrote on Loskol's profile.
Why don't I see you as much on cube anymore? Did you find new adventures?

1714295705144.png
UncleSpect wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
cool moderator!
UncleSpect wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on privqted's profile.
Cool Youtuber!
Basketman wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Top Bottom