Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Who thinks cube should tell u if your sentence got censored

• Total voters

potatogamer69

Aug 23, 2020
I don't understand why my actual name is censored on your server. I have been told it is banned because of a "famous" cubecraft hacker called Hamza, but I have never heard of him? To be honest, it is extremely unprofessional and pathetic of you to ban a persons name based off of a single persons actions. It is a very useless word to have banned, and has left many people thinking that I have ignored them. It is offensive to me and for all the others who share my name across the globe, for you to group us up with a hacker solely based on our name. I think it would be in your best intrests to unban our name. Thank you, please fix your server.

Cube should also send a message if your sentence has been censored to fix any confusion.

juna :)

May 30, 2019
Cube should really start sending messages when you sentence has a banned word, since there are so many banned words that don't really even make any sense. Cube could also implement a similar system to Hypixel, where you can turn off the censoring. If you for example have no problem with swear words, you yourself could decide whether or not you want to see them, instead of cube doing that for you.

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
I also think gay/lesbian shouldnt be censored. Its a sexuality and shouldnt be seen as offensive. Cube censoring these words makes them admit they see it as a swear word and offensive. It is really annoying that gay people cant even say they are gay because it is seen as a offensive word. On top of that I agree cube should let you know when a sentence didnt get send trough because I had tons of times where I was telling a story and multiple sentences didnt come trough and I had to tell it all over again hoping I changed the right words.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I see why you are upset and completely understand, that you might don't keep an eye on the famous minecraft hackers, but the sad truth is, that they exsist.
You've been punished because the one who punished you had thought, that you might encourage/support this hacker, which is prohibited, since hacking itself is bannable.
No one except you can know what you meant with this name, and that's why they took this preventive measure.
If you want to be unpunished, then just change your nick.

• Angry
Reactions: itrTie and Gregeyy

May 30, 2019
I see why you are upset and completely understand, that you might don't keep an eye on the famous minecraft hackers, but the sad truth is, that they exsist.
You've been punished because the one who punished you had thought, that you might encourage/support this hacker, which is prohibited, since hacking itself is bannable.
No one except you can know what you meant with this name, and that's why they took this preventive measure.
but it's his real name...

EggCracker12

Aug 9, 2020
If you have a problem with the chat then make a bug report politely there is no need for this toxicity.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
but it's his real name...
It doesn't matter.
Still, since the staff member can't know that, nor the player can confirm it with documents in game, they will have to take the security measure.
It's same with the laby mod reports: You don't have to abuse the mod, but your report will get denied, because of the risk, that you might change the player's name.
Hamzah shouldn't take it personal, since it isn't.

May 30, 2019
It doesn't matter.
Still, since the staff member can't know that, nor the player can confirm it with documents in game, they will have to take the security measure.
It's same with the laby mod reports: You don't have to abuse the mod, but your report will get denied, because of the risk, that you might change the player's name.
Hamzah shouldn't take it personal, since it isn't.
it is still quite a useless measure to take, banning someones name just draws more attention to the subject.

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
So you are saying that just because the hacker is called hamza its a risk that everyone whos actual name is hamza is now also a hacker or a supporter. It is kinda petty to ban someones actual name like hamza is a name just like anna or joe or ben. Its petty to censor his name because a hacker is also called this name.

Reactions: Shallidor

May 30, 2019
It also does make others respect the rule more.
That argument is worth consideration if you think about it.
well.. no. I mean personally it just makes me feel like cube can't properly handle the hackers on their server to the point where they need to start censoring peoples usage of a name in a final poor attempt at making it stop. x.x

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
So you are saying that just because the hacker is called hamza its a risk that everyone whos actual name is hamza is now also a hacker or a supporter. It is kinda petty to ban someones actual name like hamza is a name just like anna or joe or ben. Its petty to censor his name because a hacker is also called this name.
I said that there is a possibility, not that everyone who's called hamza has anything related to the hacking youtuber.
@juna :) Thats the only way to counter such names, since there isn't really a better way to handle it.
That doesn't mean, that you can't suggest one if you believe that it is better.

Luuwk

Jun 26, 2018
I said that there is a possibility, not that everyone who's called hamza has anything related to the hacking youtuber.
@juna :) Thats the only way to counter such names, since there isn't really a better way to handle it.
That doesn't mean, that you can't suggest one if you believe that it is better.
The best way is to just keep banning hackers instead of censoring actual names o.o Imagine not being able to say or use your own birthname because cubecraft censored it purely based on one hacker.

Reactions: GladiusYugen

May 30, 2019
The best way is to just keep banning hackers instead of censoring actual names o.o Imagine not being able to say or use your own birthname because cubecraft censored it purely based on one hacker.
fr tho not being able to use your own name cause someone decided that it influences people to encourage hacking. pathetic

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
There is a few ways to look at it
- I have friends who are actually called Hamza, and feel disappointed with the measures that are taken just because a single user decided to do something bad in the network. So it's totally understandable and I completely agree that not all Hamzas are nicks/real life names that support this hacker
- But on the other hand, you have to understand that there might be lots of Hamzas in this Network and some might be with intentions to support the hacker. For CubeCraft it is impossible to know if your nick is refered to the hacker or if it is to your real name!

So it might be true that the system that they have might not be the most efficient way to control stuff, but you have to think from both sides

PS: Not supporting one side or another, I was just saying why this might happen.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game
CubeT0ch wrote on savina875's profile.