Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Normal items

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

Jako_Nc

Novice Member
Jan 20, 2017
Australia
When you call a game mode "Overpowered" and it takes longer to kill people and delays the game overall... then, you've first problem out there.

Their are 3 types of people that play Overpowered items (OP); Firstly the players that keep spamming it in global chat thinking it will change opinions (that are also equally capable of spamming in-game). Second the party of ranks that don't care for the game or challenging aspect, only winning and getting on the leader board (mansion and Rome players). Then thirdly, their's the solo players that play OP for a way to stop dieing as much because they won't adapt to the default setting.

All of these players have something in common, they play OP to make it harder for other players to kill them. While it is a team game fighting a 1v1 in OP is fine, but because Armour is so protected even if significant damage is done the other player can still heal faster than the damage made. This will increase the chance of teammates coming which will make your fight harder rather than killing someone and then moving onto there teammate which normal items does best.

Because of healing like this the 1v1 is now governed by who brakes who's Armour first. So after five minutes of hitting each other around your opponents Armour starts to brake, finally right? well to bad he has 3 other sets of the same Armour, and better yet he's not fighting a normal 1.9 pvp match anymore he's spamming de-evolving back into 1.8 pvp which brakes your Armour faster so that the inexperienced can win over the experienced.

At the end of the day on OP spamming is key as well as having all the Armour you can carry so that even if someone is clearly better than you it doesn't amount to much because of the game mode. Get your teammates to help you senselessly spam, to help you win this "strategic skill based game".

To conclude OP items has made eggwars which was previously a game that required skill and strategy into a de-evolved version of itself where your best bet is spamming while carrying 7 sets of Armour. Because other players skill doesn't matter when you can't die.

This is my opinion of why OP ruined eggwars and I'd be interested to know why you like OP if you do and the reasons why it's so good despite it's many flaws. I'm sure 95% of the stone ranks will agree with you.

Reactions: IamEasy_
C

Cuteee

I don't see what's wrong with Op, its good till people start camping. And I like op cause the fights are more intense, they take longer, yes, but they're really fun.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
and better yet he's not fighting a normal 1.9 pvp match anymore he's spamming de-evolving back into 1.8 pvp which brakes your Armour faster so that the inexperienced can win over the experienced.
I believe this is false.

Because of healing like this the 1v1 is now governed by who brakes who's Armour first. So after five minutes of hitting each other around your opponents Armour starts to brake, finally right? well to bad he has 3 other sets of the same Armour, experienced.
Agreed, let's decrease gapple prices

If you get a good sword and not spam your weapon, you can shred armor pretty quickly. If an enemy has full diamond, just try to spleef / bow the person in the void, or lock them up somewhere and then spam tnt.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
All of these players have something in common, they play OP to make it harder for other players to kill them.

Wrong. The win farmers play OP for cheaper items, so the games go faster as OP/Half instead of Normal/Normal.

Because of healing like this the 1v1 is now governed by who brakes who's Armour first. So after five minutes of hitting each other around your opponents Armour starts to brake, finally right? well to bad he has 3 other sets of the same Armour, and better yet he's not fighting a normal 1.9 pvp match anymore he's spamming de-evolving back into 1.8 pvp which brakes your Armour faster so that the inexperienced can win over the experienced.

At the end of the day on OP spamming is key as well as having all the Armour you can carry so that even if someone is clearly better than you it doesn't amount to much because of the game mode. Get your teammates to help you senselessly spam, to help you win this "strategic skill based game".

Wrong too. Armor durability loss is indeed hit based. Every hit armor takes, it loses 1 durability. But there is one other factor: For every 4 damage (2 hearts) it takes 1 durability loss. This means any hit above 8 damage (normal hit with Diamond sword sharpness II OR critical hits) will result in 2 durability loss of armor.
Also, after hitting a person, that person is unhittable for some time. So spamming hits doesn't work that well to break durability. Timing your hits also results in more knockback, so you can pull off better combos, thus applying more durability loss to your opponents armor.

I do agree that it takes long to kill someone in OP, but there are also ways to speed things up like: Strafing in the void, spleefing, TNT and punch bow.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Most of the things you said only really apply to OP normal health and above. But op half is a cheaper equivalent of normal normal. You can also say that op half games go even faster than normal normal since people can rush easier.
1.8 spam clicking on op half is also useless because you are able to kill them faster than armor durability depletes.

I would argue that op half takes more skill than normal normal, but it probably more a question of preference.

Chitter

Novice Member
Sep 29, 2017
what is this "op" mode. How are you getting this prot armor? I wish there was a way for me to get op armor and never die too! imsorry i only a lvl 1 eggwars scrub who has never won a game before. Can someone tutor me? anyways ya'll need to chill cuz op isnt real.

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
My personal preference is Normal items as it is just more basic. Strategies used are normal and you don't have insane amounts of health and items xD
But yes, I do understand why OP is hated especially as Brown suggested with having a high amount of health.

Copaq

Mar 9, 2018
I try to avoid OP on teams since I usually play with no party or 1 other person and op half is hard when the other teams are full party. But avoiding OP is basically impossible since most games have ranked players that vote OP. On solo I don't mind OP since its 1v1s so equal and fair (and far less toxic). But solo is mostly dead at the time I play except on weekends. I do prefer normal but removing OP at this point isn't really an option, maybe just putting a gapple cooldown like 2-3s would fix most peoples issues with it though. Or losing 1.9 support so saturation isn't as good, and making normal mode clay 1/3 iron/block and steak 3/1 iron/block on normal.

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
But the pvp action is what makes it fun not how long it takes the longer it takes the more intense you are and how much fun you have extends even longer.

Nevermind3476

Novice Member
Mar 18, 2018
somewhere
It didn't ruin Eggwars, eggwars is ruined because the balance of the game is broken. You're saying that people need to adapt their playstyle to normal mode, maybe you should adapt yours to op.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

ACasualTryhard

Novice Member
Apr 24, 2018
It didn't ruin Eggwars, eggwars is ruined because the balance of the game is broken. You're saying that people need to adapt their playstyle to normal mode, maybe you should adapt yours to op.
Yes I completely agree you don't like it because your not the best because of how long it takes to kill someone maybe you should adapt to that.

Reactions: Nevermind3476

JonaSwag

Jun 17, 2016
Lobby 1
On some maps OP is really fun, but if you play OP on under sea for example it takes 2 hours to play. XD

D

Deleted member 352903

Hey lol at least change the poll, I like both modes xd
I think op is fine

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
When you call a game mode "Overpowered" and it takes longer to kill people and delays the game overall... then, you've first problem out there.

Their are 3 types of people that play Overpowered items (OP); Firstly the players that keep spamming it in global chat thinking it will change opinions (that are also equally capable of spamming in-game). Second the party of ranks that don't care for the game or challenging aspect, only winning and getting on the leader board (mansion and Rome players). Then thirdly, their's the solo players that play OP for a way to stop dieing as much because they won't adapt to the default setting.

All of these players have something in common, they play OP to make it harder for other players to kill them. While it is a team game fighting a 1v1 in OP is fine, but because Armour is so protected even if significant damage is done the other player can still heal faster than the damage made. This will increase the chance of teammates coming which will make your fight harder rather than killing someone and then moving onto there teammate which normal items does best.

To conclude OP items has made eggwars which was previously a game that required skill and strategy into a de-evolved version of itself where your best bet is spamming while carrying 7 sets of Armour. Because other players skill doesn't matter when you can't die.

This is my opinion of why OP ruined eggwars and I'd be interested to know why you like OP if you do and the reasons why it's so good despite it's many flaws. I'm sure 95% of the stone ranks will agree with you.
I mean... if you buy a rank, that means you do what you want with it. Also, the reason I always vote for overpowered is because I will hit the same brick wall every time I vote for hardcore, normal, and half.
I will always get players trash talking me about how I’m dumb for voting for said option. They will also go on and on and this will be at least 3 players doing this. It doesn’t end there. I will also get targeted by 2 or more teams from across the map.
So I think that op is fine, I would adapt to the normal options, but the players wont let me play a normal game.
Also, I do agree, the obsidian rank players on mansion and rome are annoying. I love those maps, but try hards have been ruining minecraft pvp for a while. They don’t make the game fun anymore.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the forums!:D I hope you will enjoy your stay here ^-^
Eli wrote on Pineapple's profile.
Hi Applepine
Just got a perfect game of Bedwars Duos. Really wish I was recording :/
IMG_5334.png
Eli wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Happy Birthday!!!!
Eli
Finally got through the first page of voting streak rewards!

1714349194331.png
Top Bottom