Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

alejandro daniel

Jan 10, 2016
I just see updates and updates ...and dont see when its the time sky wars .....if u cant do big update we know ..but ..just let back all maps u quit, its good idea ....or just create 2 or 3 maps in solo ..........please ....good day

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Soon™

As for your suggestion of bringing back removed maps;
there is a reason that the maps were removed, most of the removed ones were just old and underplayed (Biomes for example). Others didn't give the vibe and gameplay players wanted from the skywars maps. Instead of bringing back the old and rejected maps I'd personally like it way more to see new maps or revamps coming to Skywars :)

Now a lot of us might find the removed maps nostalgic or something, but keep in mind; maps like trees and desert are pretty much as nostalgic as it gets as I believe those were already in the very first versions of Cubecrafts skywars.

Gaaabb

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
I just see updates and updates ...and dont see when its the time sky wars .....if u cant do big update we know ..but ..just let back all maps u quit, its good idea ....or just create 2 or 3 maps in solo ..........please ....good day
Look, skywars is already a populair gamemode. So is a update really needed? No, i mean a UHC update is importanter than a skywars update, otherwise skywars is my favorite gamemode, so i will love it to see a new update!

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Well Than you likely aren't going to be having any maps coming back as @Efcluke94 explains why the ones that were removed, were removed
Why certain maps were removed

One of the major reasons a lot of maps were removed was due to the sheer amount we had. A lot of your favourite maps would not show up as often due to this. Based on feedback from these threads, the build teams opinion and a select few of experienced SkyWars obsessed staff members, we removed certain maps. I will also explain why we didn't update some of the other older maps, like Trees and Temple. Some of the maps that were removed, were okay maps, but we want to have the best maps, so I didn't see the point of keeping something that you know wasn't too popular and could be done so much better.

https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-maps-give-us-feedback.132419/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/what-skywars-maps-should-we-remove.63627/

Galaxy (Solo)
- This is a map which has been hated a lot by players due to the major advantages other players have depending where you spawn
- 1.9 changed the way glass panes work, making it even harder to parkour
- Glass panes can be laggy to players with rubbish computers
- No PvP space
- It was a night map

Snakes (Solo)
- Due to the starting islands being so tall, it was generally slow if you fell to the bottom of the map
- The playing surface is also very difficult to play on
- The middle was too unforgiving due to the hole that players always fell in
- Players camped too much
- Unpopular map

Biomes (Solo)
- Map was too big and rarely filled up
- It was not up to build teams standard of quality
- The games lasted too long

Ice (Solo)
- Due to us having so many maps, had to make a choice between keeping an alright map. Since Snowy got revamped I didn't feel like this was worth keeping
- Ice is a difficult playing surface to PvP on
- The inner islands of ice were very difficult to parkour across and players always got trapped
- The towers were too bulky and took too much playing surface up

Gravity (Solo)
- Middle was very ugly
- The starting islands had a very poor playing surface
- Unpopular map

Pirates (Solo)
- The starting islands were unfair and unbalanced, some players had much bigger advantages than others
- The layout favoured some islands over others

Atlantis (Solo)
- Another alright map, just didn't feel it was good enough to keep, it wasn't a map that stood out due to having the same boring layout

Mines (Solo)
- Due to feedback received
- Too much stone used made it look a bit ugly, not enough space to PvP
- Unpopular map

Magic (Solo)
- Too big, games were often prolonged due to campers
- Over detailed for SkyWars
- Unpopular map

Pokemon (Solo)
- Unbalanced with amount of chests on certain islands
- Layout was poor, middle almost unachievable. The spacing between certain pokeballs were further than others.
- Players often camped
- Pixel art
(This map may be revamped due to the hype around Pokemon right now)

Diet (Team)
- Where to begin... no no no for a map. Unbalanced, terrible layout and camping paradise.
- Each island was unique which gave other player huge advantages
- Spacing between islands was too far
- Unpopular map

Modern (Team)
- Islands spacing was too huge
- Rarely filled up
- Ice melting was a constant issue
- Games lasted too long due to camping

Tetris (Team)
- Some islands had more resources than others which made it unbalanced
- Islands spacing was too huge
- The layout meant middle was very far away and often camped due to its height

Elements (Team)
- Although this was a favourite of mine, it had to be removed due to the balancing issues
- Some islands had a better resource than others, such as more wood, more lava, more water, ores in a better place than others
- Rarely filled up

Ocean (Team)
- Lack of chests
- Poor PvP space
- Too big which meant prolonged games

DNA (Team)
- The middle was always camped with someone pouring lava around it
- The playing surface wasn't very PvP friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Livvv wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
GRATTIS MAXI TAXIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!💕🎉🙌
JokeKaedee wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday c:
JokeKaedee wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday!! 🍰
Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
Top Bottom