Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
tbh both versions suck. They have such a low skill cap and have no diversity in combat. 1.9 is only slightly better in this regard due to axes and the tipped arrows. However, 1.12 I think is the best combat system for playing offensively so that's my pick for that sole reason

A

A pigeon

tbh both versions suck. They have such a low skill cap and have no diversity in combat. 1.9 is only slightly better in this regard due to axes and the tipped arrows. However, 1.12 I think is the best combat system for playing offensively so that's my pick for that sole reason
Hopes high. 1.14 might fix pvp

SlipperyEJ

Novice Member
Aug 24, 2017
Tipped arrows are cool and all but axes make no sense. I get minecraft isnt spose to be hyper realistic or even realistic but it makes no sense in general.

A

A pigeon

Why should it make sense? Anyway at minecon they’ll reveal 1.14’s PvP changes. Idek

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Well, I think 1.8 is for spam clickers.
You only have to buy a gaming mouse and you'll get 3 clicks per click.
I said this before but that is illegal. I will quote a badlion rule, "The general rule is 1 finger, 1 button, 1 click." When you say 1.8 is for spam clickers... What does that even mean anymore? So what if clicking fast is an advantage, it's like me saying that 1.9 is for down syndrome possessing autistic 8 year olds who can't click faster than 2 times a second. It isn't necessarily true but it is my prejudice, if you say I'm a spam clicker, I say you are a slow clicker. You slow clicking noob. There is a lot more to 1.8 PVP than just spam clicking. I'm sorry I like a faster paced more action inclusive combat style. Also really, what is so bad about 1.8 PVP. I would like to hear your answer.

Reactions: SlipperyEJ

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I said this before but that is illegal. I will quote a badlion rule, "The general rule is 1 finger, 1 button, 1 click." When you say 1.8 is for spam clickers... What does that even mean anymore? So what if clicking fast is an advantage, it's like me saying that 1.9 is for down syndrome possessing autistic 8 year olds who can't click faster than 2 times a second. It isn't necessarily true but it is my prejudice, if you say I'm a spam clicker, I say you are a slow clicker. You slow clicking noob. There is a lot more to 1.8 PVP than just spam clicking. I'm sorry I like a faster paced more action inclusive combat style. Also really, what is so bad about 1.8 PVP. I would like to hear your answer.
Well, you've got a point, 1.8 is fast paced.
But I think 1.9 is for the players who are patient because you have to wait until you can deal a critical hit, but that's my opinnion.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Well, you've got a point, 1.8 is fast paced.
But I think 1.9 is for the players who are patient because you have to wait until you can deal a critical hit, but that's my opinnion.
Yeah you need a lot of that in 1.9, patience. One of the most awkward moments in 1.9 is when both of you miss 3 hits in a row. "Maybe it's cuz ur bad!!!" And maybe I am, but I see it often with good players as well.

Ayroh

Either I run into so many Auto-Clickers, Jitter Clickers, or kids who are solely just better than me at 1.8 pvp. Hence why I favor 1.9; mostly because people don't know how to 1.9 properly or just suck. I prefer 1.9, basically, just for the sole reason of that I'm better at 1.9 than 1.8 - this is my reasoning for preferring this combat system more.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Either I run into so many Auto-Clickers, Jitter Clickers, or kids who are solely just better than me at 1.8 pvp. Hence why I favor 1.9; mostly because people don't know how to 1.9 properly or just suck. I prefer 1.9, basically, just for the sole reason of that I'm better at 1.9 than 1.8 - this is my reasoning for preferring this combat system more.
This is like saying: I accept that I am worse than everybody at the thing that was going on for years, let me go play the thing that's been out for a few months, because no one knows how to use it. Let's say football (or soccer for Americans) has been around for 300 years. A new sport called ballfoot arises and is basically like soccer but you punch the ball with your hands rather than kick it. Turns out you suck at soccer so you go and play ballfoot, everyone playing ballfoot is absolute trash at the game, turns out you are slightly better than average, because the ballfoot community is so low on the learning curve, which looks like this btw.
main-qimg-87c223920bbbd00dc18c00546f465a24-c.jpg

Everyone at the moment is a novice, no one is good yet, the game ballfoot was just invented. Some of the same skills apply such as goalying (aiming) which may still help you, but everything is completely different. The reason people feel ballfoot (1.9) is better than football (1.8) is because you rocket through from novice to hobbyist and can see yourself grow faster since everyone is trash. The learning curve isn't steep yet, being the best isnt as difficult. I would say in another years time that will go away, everyone will be good at it, there will be a sort of auto clicker for 1.9, closet cheaters will emerge. Then, whichever gamemode is more balanced will be played more. Either that will happen or the combat system will die first. Sorry if this is a long tangent :/. TL;DR: You only feel like you are good at 1.9 because nobody is good at it. It's like surrounding yourself with stupid people and thinking your smart.

Reactions: Ayroh

Ayroh

This is like saying: I accept that I am worse than everybody at the thing that was going on for years, let me go play the thing that's been out for a few months, because no one knows how to use it. Let's say football (or soccer for Americans) has been around for 300 years. A new sport called ballfoot arises and is basically like soccer but you punch the ball with your hands rather than kick it. Turns out you suck at soccer so you go and play ballfoot, everyone playing ballfoot is absolute trash at the game, turns out you are slightly better than average, because the ballfoot community is so low on the learning curve, which looks like this btw.View attachment 139926
Everyone at the moment is a novice, no one is good yet, the game ballfoot was just invented. Some of the same skills apply such as goalying (aiming) which may still help you, but everything is completely different. The reason people feel ballfoot (1.9) is better than football (1.8) is because you rocket through from novice to hobbyist and can see yourself grow faster since everyone is trash. The learning curve isn't steep yet, being the best isnt as difficult. I would say in another years time that will go away, everyone will be good at it, there will be a sort of auto clicker for 1.9, closet cheaters will emerge. Then, whichever gamemode is more balanced will be played more. Either that will happen or the combat system will die first. Sorry if this is a long tangent :/. TL;DR: You only feel like you are good at 1.9 because nobody is good at it. It's like surrounding yourself with stupid people and thinking your smart.
Thank god for the TL;DR.

*Me while reading that*
“In English please?”

But as you said, yeah, I suppose thats the case. I just have one question. (At least in my case of playing on Cubecraft) What makes you believe people will be better at 1.9 in one years time when they haven’t adapted yet and it’s been over a year already? Are you saying more and more servers with 1.8 will die off and people will have to adapt to 1.9; with that, bringing a new “generation” of pvp’ers?

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Thank god for the TL;DR.

*Me while reading that*
“In English please?”

But as you said, yeah, I suppose thats the case. I just have one question. (At least in my case of playing on Cubecraft) What makes you believe people will be better at 1.9 in one years time when they haven’t adapted yet and it’s been over a year already? Are you saying more and more servers with 1.8 will die off and people will have to adapt to 1.9; with that, bringing a new “generation” of pvp’ers?
It was kind of a guess or whatnot, 1.8 servers will never move onto 1.9, they would lose most of their playerbase, there are a lot of 1.7 servers who still haven't moved on in fact, badlion, faithful and velt are just a few. The number of years is not important but eventually both communities will be close to equally good and the learning curve will grow steep just like 1.8 thus whichever gamemode is more balanced will shine which is probably 1.8. Better healing system, faster paced PVP, etc. (Last sentence is opinion)

Reactions: Ayroh

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Thank god for the TL;DR.

*Me while reading that*
“In English please?”

Because the same happened with the old combat system. Back in 2011-2013 pvp wasn't that huge (apart from MCSG and a few soup servers) , it was just something people did when they got bored on the survival/factions servers for a bit, and not many people were good. It was only in late 2013 (2years after official release of minecraft) when people started to get good and closet cheaters started coming up. They'd start off using triggerbot and a bit of reach, then after that clients became more advanced so they started using knockback modifiers, smooth aim etc.
People are already adapting to 1.9 anyway to be fair, I remember playing a year ago when everyone in my game would use an axe and spamclick and back then someone who knew about the hot cooldown was considered "a good pvper" but it's much different now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tommy Boi wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Wow, congrats on Helper, man
good job, good luck
Tommy Boi wrote on Frontlane's profile.
good job, good luck
Eli
From musical hater to musical lover with a single trick: my girlfriend forced me to watch Hamilton 😂
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
Top Bottom