Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ProfessorRaptor

Nov 21, 2015
And you simply build with glass in the late game since you can’t insta mine it. And you can clay.

I use glass similarly to this for early-game egg defense and late game on tea to get back up to main-level mid. A layer around the obsidian slows people down just enough to prevent them from blocking themselves in most times. Or it forces them to use tnt (which will then definitely alert the whole base as to their presence). Tea late game most dangerous people have 25+ pickaxes so you need glass to get back up without getting spleefed.

The issue with bridging with glass, tho, Fesa, is that it has a much lower blast resistance than clay. one tnt down and it's like a slightly delayed mega-spleef. It's hard to keep in mind just how far that blast will destroy so I end up with a lot of kills that way. >:)

Reactions: Zeobitz_

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Glass always break at same speed, no matter of picaxe level.
so is better to use glass agains max diamond picaxe.
same with hay bale but hay bale is even slower and still not afected by picaxes

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I never thought of chests, thats a great idea (but they can be insta broken with an axe)
True, but (at least 2-3 years ago) people rarely use axes due to having a lower DPS than swords.

Chests have a gap tho so you can ignore them to break an egg or the obby around it.
Very good point!! Forgot about this. You'll want to place your chests around an inner shell.

But yeah, most people wouldn't think of chests but they're an amazing defence, and are usually affordable in larger quantities than obsidian. So you can place like, two layers of obsidian around an egg, and then go crazy with chests. Another bonus is you can hide gear in one of them, since most people wouldn't waste their time checking every single chest when they clearly haven't been placed with storage in mind. It basically lets you hide your backup gear in plain sight, in exactly the place you're likely to need it.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
But yeah, most people wouldn't think of chests but they're an amazing defence, and are usually affordable in larger quantities than obsidian. So you can place like, two layers of obsidian around an egg, and then go crazy with chests. Another bonus is you can hide gear in one of them, since most people wouldn't waste their time checking every single chest when they clearly haven't been placed with storage in mind. It basically lets you hide your backup gear in plain sight, in exactly the place you're likely to need it.
The only problem with this is, that doing it that way will make it actually easier to break the egg. You have less layers of obby to break and chests are not blast resistance so... you just spam tnt everywhere half of the defence is gone and you can mine in peace because anyone who thinks coming is a good idea will either blow up or be blown away.
So, one layer of chest might be the only good chest defence because they’ll have to be mined if you enough obby under it.

Twistee

Novice Member
Jul 24, 2019
Skywars
Sometimes when the last player is hidden/stuck or weak, I build houses/fortresses for fun. In fact, my profile picture is a fortress kind of thing I made in eggwars last week :)
glass for both defense and fortresses. glass defense looks nice but it really doesn't matter because no one uses tnt

Zeobitz_

Novice Member
May 30, 2020
earth (where else?!)
True, but (at least 2-3 years ago) people rarely use axes due to having a lower DPS than swords.

Very good point!! Forgot about this. You'll want to place your chests around an inner shell.

Woahhhh

Genericness

Jun 9, 2020
I never saw anyone use tnt to break a egg defence but use an entire stack of tnt just to fly someone of the map? Countless.

Also glass is super useful, what else should i use for my windows for my tower?
Yesus.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
The only problem with this is, that doing it that way will make it actually easier to break the egg. You have less layers of obby to break and chests are not blast resistance so... you just spam tnt everywhere half of the defence is gone and you can mine in peace because anyone who thinks coming is a good idea will either blow up or be blown away.
So, one layer of chest might be the only good chest defence because they’ll have to be mined if you enough obby under it.
Be realistic. Nearly nobody uses tnt since it doesnt do that much and it's a burden. You are better off getting an iron pick since chest aren't a whole block, meaning you can break the egg through the chests anyway

Gemmmmie

Forum Veteran
Dec 31, 2017
The Butterfly Gardens
Glass is a bit slower to break than clay blocks as well as it making a noise. Therefore, it gives the enemy team a bit of advantage around the egg or for bridge fights.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kazwa wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
happy birthday! :)
Kazwa wrote on Baploon's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Top Bottom