Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Weekly Topic: Eggwars, New mechanics and functionalities

This topic has been voted by you all to be this weeks topic of discussion.
Feel free to post any suggestions relevant to this topic that we may have missed here
or links to any related suggestion that you think deserves to be brought to our attention.

Suggestions posted in this thread not related to the topic will be deleted.
Welcome!
So we've decided to set a topic for suggestions every week in order to make it clearer what the community wants the most.
Every Saturday, there will be a new thread with one poll to vote on what you think next weeks topic should be, and one open discussion where you can link any suggestion you deem is good and relevant to the weekly topic.
Feel free to vote for next weeks suggestions here!
If your choice isn't present add it to the comments below!​

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Weekly Topic: Eggwars, New mechanics and functionalities

This topic has been voted by you all to be this weeks topic of discussion.
Feel free to post any suggestions relevant to this topic that we may have missed in this thread,
or any related suggestion that you think deserves to be brought to our attention.

Suggestions posted in this thread not related to the topic will be deleted.
Welcome!
So we've decided to set a topic for suggestions every week in order to make it clearer what the community wants the most.
Every Saturday, there will be a new thread with one poll to vote on what you think next weeks topic should be, and one open discussion where you can link any suggestion you deem is good and relevant to the weekly topic.
[09/05/2018] Introduction Thread
Feel free to vote for next weeks suggestions here!
If your choice isn't present add it to the comments below!​
I think an addition to eggwars could be some more, creative, voting options that can control anything. Prices in the shop, the way the game works, generators, everything. I think it would be cool to see something like that in eggwars.

Edit: Please add stairs into the shop @Lezappen. It would be great!

Last edited:
Reactions: Buuuddy

wbgamer

Novice Member
Sep 8, 2017
change golden apple price in op from 1 gold for 1 golden apple to 5 gold for 1 golden apple because you need 2000 years to kill some one doesn't stop eating golden apple when he fighting i mean should it become a competitive fight not a competitive eat

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
change golden apple price in op from 1 gold for 1 golden apple to 5 gold for 1 golden apple because you need 2000 years to kill some one doesn't stop eating golden apple when he fighting i mean should it become a competitive fight not a competitive eat
I believe it should be 3 in op, 5 in normal, and still 10 in hc. OP is meant to be more overpowered, and 5 gold would be a bit to expensive in my opinion.

One suggestion a believe @Gainfullterror would want is moving the shops around. Maps like pizza have the shop right in a corner far enough away from the edge that you can shop and have next to no consequences. This makes fights much longer as you can battle shop and buy gear and golden apples. Moving the shop towards the edge kind of like tentacles and maybe candy mean you can’t battle shop without a high risk of death.

L

Lightning McQueen

I completely agree with this, they need a orice increase on all gamemodes. I suggest something like 6 gold on OP, 10 on normal and 15 on UHC mode?

Anyway prices can be revised as we see fit. Gapple chug is the biggest eggwars problem.
And would exactly would these do? You've got blocks which you can use to get from one place to another. No need for stairs really.
See, you dont need them, but it would be extremely convinient to have them. No negative game impacts. Think of it this way- faster travel lets you avoid arrow attacks, lets you reach places faster etc. No harm done.

L

Lightning McQueen

I believe it should be 3 in op, 5 in normal, and still 10 in hc. OP is meant to be more overpowered, and 5 gold would be a bit to expensive in my opinion.

One suggestion a believe @Gainfullterror would want is moving the shops around. Maps like pizza have the shop right in a corner far enough away from the edge that you can shop and have next to no consequences. This makes fights much longer as you can battle shop and buy gear and golden apples. Moving the shop towards the edge kind of like tentacles and maybe candy mean you can’t battle shop without a high risk of death.
I think more expensive prices work better, maybe there’s somewhere we can test this. I agree with mid-fight shopping. Its a strat, but it has little consequence in some maps. +1 for putting the shops near the ledge.

Reactions: TheBrownster

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Posting this once again;

I definitely agree that Eggwars needs updated content. If they focus on bug-fixing rather than updating the gameplay then the game definitely gets boring really fast (Not saying that the game should be riddled with bugs). Most of the Island Games/Beta Games aren't as hot now because of lack of updated gameplay content. Eggwars really lost its charm due to lack of updates. The last major update I can remember is the update where they added ender pearls and increased the punch bow price. There might've been a few bug fixes that wouldn't have needed mentioning.

Updating the gameplay is important, rather than minor fixes. Eggwars might seem "Perfect" and "Balanced" but with no new content, Eggwars becomes rather tedious.
For Example; Limited Time Gamemodes
These could be a weekend event.

• Diamonds Aren't forever: No Diamonds. More Iron/Gold gens in place of Diamond gens and they all start at a higher level.
  • Grappling Hooks: Grapple bow for a reasonable price.
  • Potion Motion: Potions are available in the shop for a fair price.
  • Arrow Attack: Different types of arrows are available in the shop, examples: Ender arrows (Teleports you wherever it hits) TNT arrow, Arrow of Healing Aura (Has a 15 block radius, gives all teammates inside the aura Regeneration II for 12 seconds, arrow itself lasts for 15 seconds.) and a lot more creative arrow types.
  • Wand gamemode: Wands from Lucky Islands and new wands for Eggwars.
  • Space mode: You need Oxygen packets to survive outside of islands (i.e while building bridges, being away from the main islands) and these packets would cost around 5 iron for a 30-second oxygen supply and 5 diamonds for a 2 minute supply.

New items can be introduced following the update to 1.13 too.

Few kit & abilities nerfs/buffs. (Normal)
EggShell: Replace Diorite with Endstone since it lasts longer.
Feather feet: Buff the effect to Feather Falling 2, and cut the durability in half.
(Speed)
Golden Shell: Change Helmet and Leggings to Chestplate and boots.
Mastermine: Haste I only when mining a block.

Archery Gameplay
More types of Arrows (* indicates custom arrows)
Solo: Arrow of Weakness. It introduces a strategy where you can weaken your opponent giving you a huge advantage. Price may be in Diamonds or Emeralds(?)
* Arrow of Leeching: Gives your opponent a status effect that gives you health whenever you strike an opponent. Lasts for 5 seconds.
Team: Arrows of Regeneration and Healing. These would be ridiculously OP, so putting these in the Diamond range is a good choice.

Arrows Common for Solo and Team:
*Arrow of Teleportation: Teleports the player wherever it hits. Costs 64 diamonds. (Basically an Epearl shot from a Bow, and more predictable since it's fired like a regular arrow.
*Zero-Gravity Arrow: Defies all laws and goes exactly where the crosshair is pointed to. Costs 5 gold for 2 arrows.

That's it for now, Let us have a discussion about the suggested features above. Do take your time to reply to my message.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
5 isn't expesinve, since obsidian is pretty cheap in op you'll have a lot of gold left.

L

Lightning McQueen

@EveryOne what are your thoughts on chaging gapple price (only on OP) to 1 diamonds?

In late game you’ll probs have around 3 stacks of gold and you’d be able to use it to buy a load of gapples anyway. Hiking gapple price to 6 gold will solve the problem of gapple chugging early game but not end game. I’d also like to draw attention to stupid diamond armour. Pair dia with gapples and you have someone who is a headache to kill at melee even with sharp V.

I’d also like to propose removing diamond to replace it with prot 3 unbreak 5 iron

_Oplex_

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2016
Under Your Bed (O.o)
No negative game impacts
2018_05_12_10_52_06.png
2018_05_12_10_52_17.png
way- faster travel
Faster going up?
this:
2018_05_12_10_52_28.png

So i don't think we need stairs

L

Lightning McQueen

Posting this once again;

Few kit & abilities nerfs/buffs. (Normal)
EggShell: Replace Diorite with Endstone since it lasts longer.
Feather feet: Buff the effect to Feather Falling 2, and cut the durability in half.
(Speed)
Golden Shell: Change Helmet and Leggings to Chestplate and boots.
Mastermine: Haste I only when mining a block.

Archery Gameplay
More types of Arrows (* indicates custom arrows)
Solo: Arrow of Weakness. It introduces a strategy where you can weaken your opponent giving you a huge advantage. Price may be in Diamonds or Emeralds(?)
* Arrow of Leeching: Gives your opponent a status effect that gives you health whenever you strike an opponent. Lasts for 5 seconds.
Team: Arrows of Regeneration and Healing. These would be ridiculously OP, so putting these in the Diamond range is a good choice.

Arrows Common for Solo and Team:
*Arrow of Teleportation: Teleports the player wherever it hits. Costs 64 diamonds. (Basically an Epearl shot from a Bow, and more predictable since it's fired like a regular arrow.
*Zero-Gravity Arrow: Defies all laws and goes exactly where the crosshair is pointed to. Costs 5 gold for 2 arrows.

That's it for now, Let us have a discussion about the suggested features above. Do take your time to reply to my message.
I agree about eggshell. Endstone will give this kit some more use- rn its only used on Pizza and that too very rarely.

About the feather falling kit, change it to feather falling 4 leather boots (or) make it so that feather falling 3 gets transferred to whatever set of boots you buy.

I agree with the other two.

I disagree about the arrow of teleportation because ender pearls require some aim - sometimes you’ll screw up and die but that risk is elimiated with arrows.

Zero grav is Ok but I’d see it fot for LuckyIs a lot more. Would love to see it in eggwars too.

Arrow of leaching is a great idea, its pretty OP so it must be balanced properly, if that cant be done then let it be a lucky block drop in lucky islands.

About the arrow of regen and heal, I suggested this a while ago but fools said that it could push teammates off. I’ll just add that it wont damage or push people. +1

Reactions: Jef15ist
L

Lightning McQueen

2018_05_12_10_52_06.png
2018_05_12_10_52_17.png

Faster going up?
this:
2018_05_12_10_52_28.png

So i don't think we need stairs
OMG Thats genius to use stairs as arrow slits. Thats just another reason to add them. IMO thats not a negative thing at all.

As for using cakes, cakes are fairly expensive. These could be a cheap alternitive.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
About the arrow of regen and heal, I suggested this a while ago but fools said that it could push teammates off. I’ll just add that it wont damage or push people. +1
I agreed with everything you said Sylvaly aside from maybe the regen/health arrows.

+1 only if it could indeed be made that it first off, can be hit at your teammates in the first place without taking damage and knockback from it (cause you normally aren't able to hit your teammates of course) and second off, can't hit enemy players? Or can? I mean it might actually be kinda nice too see a possible risk factor of using it come into play with this overpowerd arrow, but i'm not sure. I'm inclined to say yes to prevent teammates from spamming regen arrows from a lil distance at you (if that would be realistically possible in regards with the price), making you practically invincible, this would require them to actually be carefull and skillfull with their bow. I'm also not sure about the chances of this actually being utilizied much, i mean i don't personally see many people open for the task to sit back from a distance and simply shoot regen/health arrows at someone, besides, a gapple might also already do the trick for most people in a fight anyways, making it simply unnecessary, but who knows, maybe it might be off good use after the gapple rebalances? I'm not totally sold on this yet, but i'm not writing it off yet either.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed

I agree with those gapple rebalances

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Replace eggs with beds
*notices it has to be real suggestion* ono

For one thing, obsidian should be harder to come by. IMO it should cost maybe like 10 diamonds a piece in normal mode (Maybe more) and about 5-8 Diamonds in OP mode. (I know you have OP pickaxes in OP mode, but maybe remove the efficiency VIII and maybe even the VI one, so obsidian stands a chance).
Basically obsidian should be harder to get, instead of being able to get it basically at the start of the game.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom