Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Henry

Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2015
United Kingdom
Hello CubeCrafters,

Our website at the moment is a train-wreck, it hardly works and it's got to the point where something seriously needs to be done about it - It is still functional though. That's why I have challenged myself to do something about it. We're one of the largest Minecraft servers in the world and we need a website that reflects this. I mean I can just go make a website, not listen to anyone and that'll be that however I'm not the one that uses it all the time - you guys are!

So that's why I'm asking you, the community to throw out suggestions on the what features you would like! These can be new, old, or just the ones we currently have - assume that we're creating the website from scratch and nothing is impossible. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!

A couple of examples of what I'd like to implement are;
- Peoples ranks show on the website.
- Amount of experience is also shown.

@Younisco @Tacosbefriends @Saradabaschi (Tagged you as you've always got something to say ;) )

- Joe :)

Saradabaschi

Forum Expert
Jul 1, 2014
Oh my! The possibilities! o.o

Okay, I do not know what it caused but on the old website as you hoovered over the "my profile" icon and the "new alerts" you were able to always see them. I know often have to actually click on them which is kind of annoying.

Next point is logging out. It used to be easier to log out I think. Especially when I am on my phone the website is not working too well. I then have to click on my picture in the bottom right, then have to scroll down and then I can click the "log out" button. Maybe place a shortcut somewhere or an actual button in the top row on forums which says "log out".

I liked on the old website that you were able to see your likes on each post and also if others like other posts. Please do that :) Showing likes on all forums posts.

If I can think of anything more later I'll post it then. That's it for now ;P

SevereWarning

Forum Expert
Nov 14, 2013
Somewhere
I'd like it so you can see the twitter feed from the forums home. This way, players and visitors can see all the new updates from the CCG Twitter as well as giveaways.

I would also like easy access to profiles and likes on player's posts.

The last thing I would like is a format that is nice with phones. Or an app/ mobile website

D

Deleted member 15612

Mobile Version or App (Free).
Likes on Posts.
Better Profiles.
Ranks (Diamond, Stone, Coal, etc).
If the players is playing on CCG, where he/she is.

HOE HENRY <3

Reactions: UndeadGod

Iselciour

Forum Expert
Oct 21, 2014
Antarctica
- I like how this forums has "Online staff" so that people can know where staff is and who they can contact (If not being implemented already)
- A small update feed in a form of a slideshow in the main page or something to make it easy to access important stuff without having to scroll through the whole page to find what you're looking for. And then older updates can go down the rest of the main page or something.
- Having the IP in the main page or something in case someone needs it
- Having custom colors for texts. There are some colors that I need that are not in the palette
- I loved how the old forums allowed you to see a YouTube video without having to visit the actual link (Only for links posted in threads though)
- More graphics around the website to make it look spiffy and nicely decorated or something (like detailed "Forums" and "Home" button selections or whatever you want to call them)
- Adding the corresponding ore next to your rank. So if someone is Obsidian rank, they would have an obsidian block next to his "Obsidian" tag

Reactions: UndeadGod and cocai

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Prepare - Joe. Prepare...
- Badges: After doing different things for the community, staff members (mainly administrators and owners) can award you different ranks. That could vary from community helper to a good map criticiser.
- A better mobile version or app: This is kinda a pain to deal with because 99.9% of the time I'm on forums is on my phone, and it's kinda awkward to use. You cannot press the load up bar so you need to go to that pick location thing at the top and press "forums". Or the fact that I have to turn my phone to landscape just to press alerts, or the fact that the likes bar thing at the bottom kinda blends in with the background so you can barely see it.
- Show followers in the tab bar at the bottom
- more trophies.

That's it from me - thanks for tagging me Joe, feel honoured :")

Joe Henry

Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2015
United Kingdom
The last thing I would like is a format that is nice with phones. Or an app/ mobile website

- A good mobile version

Mobile Version or App (Free).

All I really want is a great mobile version.

- A better mobile version or app: This is kinda a pain to deal with because 99.9% of the time I'm on forums is on my phone, and it's kinda awkward to use. You cannot press the load up bar so you need to go to that pick location thing at the top and press "forums". Or the fact that I have to turn my phone to landscape just to press alerts, or the fact that the likes bar thing at the bottom kinda blends in with the background so you can barely see it.

Okay, the fact we need a mobile site and/or app has been noted, needs to be clean and easy to navigate is what I've gathered.

Reactions: Dan:

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
1) I would like to see a user's level, rank and stats on the forums. I know there's already a website to view your stats, but I'd like to see it implemented into the website one way or another
2) Leaderboards for every game (Perhaps the top 100 / 1,000 kills and wins)
3) Sections on the forums for every game (I.E. 'Tower Defenders' and 'Skywars' sections of the forums instead of just 'Games')

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
What about a mobile version (love u joe)

Seriously: perhaps, though it might sound a bit iffy, when you watch a forum - such as "Map Submissions", you should be able to get alerts in game, informing you that there's a new thread in such and such forum.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
What about a mobile version (love u joe)

Seriously: perhaps, though it might sound a bit iffy, when you watch a forum - such as "Map Submissions", you should be able to get alerts in game, informing you that there's a new thread in such and such forum.
Would be nice, but threads are watched automatically when you post on them. Players will be spammed and would come here to complain, asking how to unwatch threads lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom