Votes: 12 32.4%
  • I don't report people

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Hello people of the Internet.
I'm very lazy and want to suggest an simple command.

So we all know most offences need warnings.
And most of the times people are faster than me and my keyboard and die, leave or spam it till I'm done writing my warning.

I do have a simple solution for that and that's adding a /warning

------------
But what will it do you ask?
Here an example:
/warning (player) (offence)
So:
/warning gangsterboi21 swearing
Warning bot will whisper to gangsterboi21: You have been warned by (player). Please mind your language.
And will send a message to you saying gangsterboi21 has been warned for (offence) in red so it's better for reports.

Or
/warning gangsterboi21 + sudoku master teaming
Then Warning bot will send both player a message and will send you a message back that both of them have been warned for teaming.

If it's teaming Warning bot will ask more usenames, not sire how big teams could become so lets put a max up to 5.

--------------
There are some limitations:
Warning bot will only recognize warn-able offences so if someone writes /warning gangsterboi21 hacking it will say:
Please enter a warn-able offence like camping, swearing, teaming etc.

Warning bot will only warn someone inside your server/lobby so people don't get falsely muted or banned.

---------------
And if you got falsely warned just
Ignore it. You will know who warned you and if you want you could sort things out with that person.
If he/she keeps warning you then you could report them.
Maybe they'll get a mute for 1 day or 2.

----------------
Anyway this suggestion is just to make it easier to warn people who are breaking the rules, I've covered every side of it and there are no cons except people spamming warns.
Whom will if this feature gets added be mutable.
So be sure vote on the poll above.
Also @Tacosbefriends what do you think about this?

Chalas.

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Here an example:
So:
or you could just say "gangsterboi21 don't swear." It's actually less symbols to type it out then to use the command. This command would effectively make you type even more.

tumblr_mbg6zdDXqy1r79k9c.gif

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think this is pretty cool. Although I find it to be pretty quick to just say "Please stop spamming/swearing/teaming".
Also, if you are in a fight when the chat offense happens, just finish or run away and then warn them. That way you don't die.
:)

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
If you add this command people will spam it and will make false warnings with them so that people get annoyed by the message 'you got warned by (palyer) (offence)'

TheVenom27

May 27, 2016
or you could just say "gangsterboi21 don't swear." It's actually less symbols to type it out then to use the command. This command would effectively make you type even more.

woowowowowowoww Bruh I Just got RICK ROLLED Nice idea can I use it also?

Reactions: Injunction

Tomasito

Apr 23, 2016
Netherlands
Cool concept, Dotsy! I see how setting a standarized format for warning people could work. However, in order for this method to work, I think it's crucial to make sure it doesn't get abused / misused. Imagine what a mess it would be if people would massively "rage-warn" eachother every time someone got killed ;-)

What about giving these "warn permissions" only to those we trust; based on rank, forum activity or whether the player has been banned before or not?

EDIT

Although that is true, commands could get tab-autocomplete support. For example, warning me for swearing would only take a few steps.

/w
=> /warning
/warning T
=> /warning Tomasito
/warning Tomasito s
=> /warning Tomasito swearing

Of course, this is making these assumptions:
- That I am the only player in the game whose name starts with a T
- That /warning is the only base-command which starts with a W.
- That swearing is the only option that /warning takes beginning with an S.

But even if there are multiple auto-complete options, it would take just a few tab presses to get to the right command.

SSirus

Jan 5, 2017
This seems cool but how exactly could this be used to punish because if they made it that it mutes the player, it could allow players to abuse it.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco

unless you have instant access to it
what i mean by that is when you type /l then hit tab it will say /lobby
same could go for this if it was an open command /w + tab will have /warning then there is a tab list of players then a tab list of offences
I suggested this earlier as a couple people I was reporting for teaming only spoke Spanish so I wanted a command that warned the player in heir own language ♡
well if you know spanish and you know what they are saying then i think you could type it
This seems cool but how exactly could this be used to punish because if they made it that it mutes the player, it could allow players to abuse it.
it merely warns them
for abusive language to report somebody you need to warn them first

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I suggested this earlier as a couple people I was reporting for teaming only spoke Spanish so I wanted a command that warned the player in heir own language ♡
That is a nice concept.
So basically teamers who have their settings to Dutch or Spanish will get their warnings in Dutch or Spanish.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Cool concept, Dotsy! I see how setting a standarized format for warning people could work. However, in order for this method to work, I think it's crucial to make sure it doesn't get abused / misused. Imagine what a mess it would be if people would massively "rage-warn" eachother every time someone got killed ;-)

What about giving these "warn permissions" only to those we trust; based on rank, forum activity or whether the player has been banned before or not?
You can't warn them for Hacking
As I said the offence option should be pre-set so you can't just type anything.

Another thing you could always ignore them or report them.
Idk something would happen but they probably would get muted.

Also about the only some players are allowed to use it part:
I was thinking it would be nice if this command was available for only those people who have an report account.
Not sure if it's possible to give only those the command.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
Hello people of the Internet.
I'm very lazy and want to suggest an simple command.

So we all know most offences need warnings.
And most of the times people are faster than me and my keyboard and die, leave or spam it till I'm done writing my warning.

I do have a simple solution for that and that's adding a /warning

------------
But what will it do you ask?
Here an example:
So:
Warning bot will whisper to gangsterboi21: You have been warned by (player). Please mind your language.
And will send a message to you saying gangsterboi21 has been warned for (offence) in red so it's better for reports.

Or
/warning gangsterboi21 + sudoku master teaming
Then Warning bot will send both player a message and will send you a message back that both of them have been warned for teaming.

If it's teaming Warning bot will ask more usenames, not sire how big teams could become so lets put a max up to 5.

--------------
There are some limitations:
Warning bot will only recognize warn-able offences so if someone writes /warning gangsterboi21 hacking it will say:
Please enter a warn-able offence like camping, swearing, teaming etc.

Warning bot will only warn someone inside your server/lobby so people don't get falsely muted or banned.

---------------
And if you got falsely warned just
Ignore it. You will know who warned you and if you want you could sort things out with that person.
If he/she keeps warning you then you could report them.
Maybe they'll get a mute for 1 day or 2.

----------------
Anyway this suggestion is just to make it easier to warn people who are breaking the rules, I've covered every side of it and there are no cons except people spamming warns.
Whom will if this feature gets added be mutable.
So be sure vote on the poll above.
Also @Tacosbefriends what do you think about this?

Chalas.
I use this : (12 secs in)
I could script up other commands to make stuff easier but I think it's good as it is.

Reactions: Despacito 2
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Thjis wrote on Kloska's profile.
TimBDay.jpeg

Happy Bday Tim :)
Closing in on 30!
RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Desiderata wrote on Hoshi's profile.
20240503_083859.jpg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Kloska's profile.
Grattis på födelsedagen!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
Top Bottom