Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should People be Aware of this?

• Total voters

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Not many people are aware of the fact that you can warn players in your reports so they get banned/muted straight away. This rule applies to all of the following infractions:
  • Trolling.
  • Camping.
  • Swearing.
  • Chat trolling.
  • Spamming.
  • Impersonation.
  • Advertising.
Now, it would be really useful to remind users they can do this. To ensure rulebreakers receive their corresponded and deserved consequences. Which is why I propose to add a reminder on the reporting site and Offical Rules.

In the current version of the site, when you're going to file a report for any of the reasons above listed, you will get this warning message:
RVqVkwe.png

This message is confusing, it's telling you the users require to be warned before they can be punished. Most people would most probably think that means the first punishment is mandatorily the Official Warning. In no way does it let you know you can warn people yourself, and if they continue the infraction then the player will be accordingly banned/muted. So the message could be modified a tiny bit (Or anything along those lines should be fine. Maybe my redaction skills aren't the best):

Warning! This offence may require the user to have been warned before they can be punished. You can warn them yourself in-game and show evidence of it in the report. If they continued to commit the infraction, they will be accordingly punished.

Now in the Official Rules, the infractions that end up with a ban have the following punishment track:

Warning → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent ban

And the infractions that end up with a mute:

Warning → 1 day mute → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

Not to mention that according to the Official Rules, if you take it very literally, warning a player in a report doesn't skip the warning punishment. Since it's not specified, and normal players don't really have the authority to deliver official punishments. My suggestion is to simply add a disclaimer or similar:

Warning (If the player is warned within a report, this step is skipped) → 1 day ban → 7 day ban → 30 day ban → Permanent ban

Warning (If the player is warned within a report, this step is skipped) → 1 day mute → 3 day mute → 7 day mute → 30 day mute → Permanent mute

Please don't judge my suggestion based on the specific messages I wrote down and the format that I proposed. Since that can be changed/adjusted to be more fitting. The main point of this suggestion is letting players know they can warn and be warned by other players.

Thank you for reading this! Any feedback is appreciated as always.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I was hoping that this rule wouldn’t get as much attention, I try to never warn the player in the screenshot so they get a second chance before an actual severe punishment (mute/ban). In that way, a warning is to teach them a lesson. I would be happy myself if someone reported me and warned me after they took the screenshot so I’d just receive an official warning afterwards.

But it’s personal preference, I don’t like the general rule. (If I did like it this would be a great suggestion though!)

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
I agree with this suggestion. There has been confusion about this in the past, so they should actually clarify and I think that this is the best solution for this problem.

There's a thread about the reporting guidelines where is explained which type of warnings there are:
All about warnings
6.0 - General information

We have mentioned the term 'warning' a lot of times in this thread already, but we have not really gone into detail about warnings anywhere. In the next two paragraphs, you will be told everything you need to know about warnings given by players and permanent warnings given by staff.

6.1 - Warnings given by players

Some of the offenses you can report for require you to give the player a warning. These warnings have to include their username and which infraction they are committing. Some examples of good warnings would be 'Badboy3000, please watch your language' or 'PlayerSlayer, abusing bugs is not allowed'. A bad example is 'SToP sPAMmING i WilL rEPOrt yOUu'. If the person you have warned continues after your warning, you can report them. Muted players, fear not. We also accept reports if the offender did not get a warning. The offender will then be given an official, permanent warning by the staff member that deals with your report. More information about these warnings can be found in the next paragraph.

6.2 - Warnings given by staff

As said in the previous paragraph, staff members also give warnings to players. Usually whenever the reported player did not get warned, but also when staff members encounter rule breakers on the server. These warnings are official and permanent -- every time you log onto the server, for a month, a red text will appear in your chat, reminding you not to break a certain rule ever again. This warning allows us to punish the offender immediately if he is caught breaking the same rule again.

This should definitely get more attention because not many people know that this exists in my opinion. Thank you for making a suggestion about this topic!

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything, Soul :) Good luck with your future endeavors!
JokeKaedee wrote on SanCookie's profile.
Aw no what :( Thanks for everything SandCookie xx
JellyFish01 wrote on Fesa's profile.
umm? yall okay?
1714824919312.png
After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Top Bottom