Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I have already posted a thread about this but now I have something else to bring up to people's awareness. When hardcore is selected in Survival Games, you used to be able to "eat" dead bodies while using cannibal kit to get 2 1/2 hearts back but that was removed since "it's hardcore and you shouldn't get regen health" (aside from health potions and gold apples in Normal/Op items) but when you take the vampire kit, you will get regen off kills. This completely goes against the main goal of hardcore health and makes me wonder what the staff are really thinking? Why would you remove the option to "eat" a dead body after killing someone to get a few hearts of health which was the ONLY USE of the cannibal kit in hardcore (because saturation doesn't even work) but leave the regen after getting a kill with vampire kit. If the cannibal eating bodies for regen doesn't work I believe Vampire shouldn't regen either.

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
I agree with this as I play with the Vampire kit on hardcore and from time to time some people think that I am "health hacking". So maybe nerf the vampire kit?

Reactions: Bob_the_Giraffe

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
I agree with this as I play with the Vampire kit on hardcore and from time to time some people think that I am "health hacking". So maybe nerf the vampire kit?

Exactly! I either suggest they bring back the ability to eat bodies with the Cannibal kit or nerf the Vampire Kit. They nerfed one of the two kits which more or less had the same use. So either have none of them work or both!

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
Exactly! I either suggest they bring back the ability to eat bodies with the Cannibal kit or nerf the Vampire Kit. They nerfed one of the two kits which more or less had the same use. So either have none of them work or both!
How about we remove vampire's regen, but add night vision to vampire so it's not entirely worthless in hardcore health?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
How about we remove vampire's regen, but add night vision to vampire so it's not entirely worthless in hardcore health?
If that's not meant to be taken sarcastically then no. Night vision is next to useless in this mode.

Here's an alternative: include gold in chests to allow players to make gapples and/or have a very low chance to include gapples in chests in hardcore HP mode. Bodies are still edible -- I tested this last weekend without cannibal and it still worked.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
now I would dismiss this and say they have reason if it weren't for the fact that you shouldn't be able to get health back from 1 kit in the case of it not supposed to be doable
I would say that it should be changed and according to tacos it likely will be
I understand the cannible kit which normally heals you only because you are at full hunger of course natural regeneration is off so it can't heal you however and this is why I would normally dismiss it is that the Vampire kit heals you with the effect
Therefore they couldn't change the cannible kit to heal you in Hardcore health without removing the while premise of hardcore health or the cannible kit itself

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada

That sounds like a good alternative! But last time I "ate" a body with cannibal in UHC it didn't give saturation at all, so that should also be looked at.

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
now I would dismiss this and say they have reason if it weren't for the fact that you shouldn't be able to get health back from 1 kit in the case of it not supposed to be doable
I would say that it should be changed and according to tacos it likely will be
I understand the cannible kit which normally heals you only because you are at full hunger of course natural regeneration is off so it can't heal you however and this is why I would normally dismiss it is that the Vampire kit heals you with the effect
Therefore they couldn't change the cannible kit to heal you in Hardcore health without removing the while premise of hardcore health or the cannible kit itself

With cannibal, you used to "eat" dead bodies and get 2 1/2 hearts back just as if you got a kill with Vampire on Hardcore. The thing is that it was removed with cannibal but regen is still possible on Hardcore.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
With cannibal, you used to "eat" dead bodies and get 2 1/2 hearts back just as if you got a kill with Vampire on Hardcore. The thing is that it was removed with cannibal but regen is still possible on Hardcore.
You don't directly get health with cannibal you get fully saturated which in turn heals you (That may have been the case before but unless it is a bug for you it doesn't give actual health it just saturates you thus you get health)

Bob_the_Giraffe

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2013
Canada
You don't directly get health with cannibal you get fully saturated which in turn heals you (That may have been the case before but unless it is a bug for you it doesn't give actual health it just saturates you thus you get health)

You used to be able to right click bodies and get health regen, NOT EVERYONE knew that this was possible. You clearly didn't know that this was possible in HARDCORE health but it was and was taken away recently.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
It's because of the way it's programmed. The server is being told that you cannot 'regenerate' health, so when cannibal gives you full hunger it doesn't regenerate, that's just the way Minecraft's mechanics were programmed. However, vampire is told to give health not to regenerate it, it says in it's description that it gives health regeneration when it doesn't. That's the problem.

The way this can be perfectly fixed is by changing Vampire to regenerate health instead of giving instant health. This way it doesn't work in Hardcore.

Plus this:
add night vision to vampire so it's not entirely worthless in hardcore health?

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! 🎉
Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.