Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 593464

For most other rules, I understand and agree with the idea of needing to provide a temporary ban; a lot of rules aren't even read by players and are assumed to be rules (e.g. camping in the sky during sky wars). But using hacks is such a premeditated and determined effort to cheat, I really don't think a temporary ban is acceptable. Just ban them permanently and be done with it.

M8KI05

Novice Member
Aug 18, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
For most other rules, I understand and agree with the idea of needing to provide a temporary ban; a lot of rules aren't even read by players and are assumed to be rules (e.g. camping in the sky during sky wars). But using hacks is such a premeditated and determined effort to cheat, I really don't think a temporary ban is acceptable. Just ban them permanently and be done with it.
I don't agree, as you say many players don't read the rules likewise many players don't know how to appeal.

Many players are unfairly banned by sentinel and don't know how to appeal or appeal and have no luck and don't get unbanned. That is unfair. By having two punishment tracks the first time 30 days the second permanent. Those users who don't know how to appeal or have had no luck appealing can play again and hopefully they won't get unfairly banned again. it is necessary that they have 2 punishment tracks!

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
I think it is definitely necessary to give them a second chance, because of reasons M8KIO5 stated, however I agree with you that choosing to hack is a premeditated effort, it isn't really a 'mistake' like other offences are. But I feel the system is fine as is at the moment to be honest, people have the chance to play again if they really have changed but still face punishment for their actions!

M8KI05

Novice Member
Aug 18, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't agree, as you say many players don't read the rules likewise many players don't know how to appeal.

Many players are unfairly banned by sentinel and don't know how to appeal or appeal and have no luck and don't get unbanned. That is unfair. By having two punishment tracks the first time 30 days the second permanent. Those users who don't know how to appeal or have had no luck appealing can play again and hopefully they won't get unfairly banned again. it is necessary that they have 2 punishment tracks!
2) Your suggestion is not the solution to avoid the use of hacks or eliminate cheaters. I think the solution is clear but complicated (upgrade to Sentinel)

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
I disagree, I think that everyone deserves a second chance. While yes, deciding to cheat is a conscious decision, it may not always be that they are trying to ruin the game for others. Many cheaters are young and do not understand the consequences of their actions yet. People that do use cheats in a malicious way will usually get permanently banned anyway as they will not respect the second chance we give them.

D

Deleted member 593464

I guess I should specify that whenever I submit a report for clear cases of hacking, I submit a recording that's viewed by a real person who can reliably determine if the accused was actually hacking or not. In these cases, I think it should go straight to a permanent ban. For determinations made by sentinel, I can completely understand why an initial 30 day ban would be more appropriate since the rate of false positive is much higher.

And while I don't really understand how a person could go to the lengths to cheat but somehow not understand how it's unfair to other players, I don't think it's relevant anyway. Whatever their intent is doesn't change the fact that they've completely ruined an otherwise fair match (likely multiple matches) for other players.

I suppose if we were going to stick to an initial temporary ban, I think it should at least be increased to really drive the point home that hacking won't be tolerated

M8KI05

Novice Member
Aug 18, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree, I think that everyone deserves a second chance. While yes, deciding to cheat is a conscious decision, it may not always be that they are trying to ruin the game for others. Many cheaters are young and do not understand the consequences of their actions yet. People that do use cheats in a malicious way will usually get permanently banned anyway as they will not respect the second chance we give them.
I agree we can all make mistakes we are human and having a second chance is a new beginning :cube_light: You are a great moderator and a good person you are amazing :D

• Heart
Reactions: Hoshi and Lyriie

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
To be honest, if we are talking about the FFA cheaters, it won't really matter since they'll bypass with a VPN anyway. I'd rather just keep it as it is to let first time punishments get second chances.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Also to add onto the above reasons -->
There's 2 type of cheaters, the ones with no life + over 6000 alts and the casual one who cheats on their main and don't have alts.
- Making the ban go from 30d to perm will have 0 impact on the 6000 alts cheater, those accounts are a one time use and they'll just move on to the next one
- Making the ban go from 30d to perm will have an effect on casual cheaters. I've been one of them back in 2015-2016, these people actually can regret their mistake and feel like they deserve an extra chance.

RaptexGames

Novice Member
Jan 2, 2021
Texas
www.youtube.com
It's a good idea, but currently most or almost everyone knows how to avoid a permanent ban, but it would be excellent if they use hacks if it's a permanent ban and that they can no longer enter the server in any other way

But in itself, if they should be given a second chance but if they don't take advantage of or change in that second chance, there is indeed a permanent ban

ssf2_god

Aug 21, 2021
super smash flash 2
I think it should be different, like 7d -> 30d -> 180d -> 365d or something like that and if they keep getting banned then it’s another 365d just to annoy them

Reactions: mepijn

mepijn

Mar 1, 2023
Koewacht, Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Also to add onto the above reasons -->
There's 2 type of cheaters, the ones with no life + over 6000 alts and the casual one who cheats on their main and don't have alts.
- Making the ban go from 30d to perm will have 0 impact on the 6000 alts cheater, those accounts are a one time use and they'll just move on to the next one
- Making the ban go from 30d to perm will have an effect on casual cheaters. I've been one of them back in 2015-2016, these people actually can regret their mistake and feel like they deserve an extra chance.
Who i gonne make 6000 microsoft acc's

Herbert The Duck

Novice Member
Aug 12, 2019

Before starting, I want to say I totally understand the standpoint of this post. I play a good bit, and encounter hackers a lot, and nothing sucks more than knowing that even if you do manage to record them, report them, and successfully get them banned, they'll just be back next month. I mean it's frustrating, and believe me I feel for you.

However as many above have stated, the benefit we'd get from making hacking instantly bannable would be relatively neglectable. You would still see the the omega hackers to have the hundreds of accounts flying around, kill auraing in your games. This rule change wouldn't affect them in the slightest. Besides that, people who are accidently banned and don't know how to appeal (so likely kids), they would get banned with no way of ever coming back. (which again doesn't really help the hacker situation) Do I have a solution to offer? No not really. However, I really don't think this idea would end up doing us much good.

If anything, I'd argue the punishment for breaking rules like Teaming in solo games is far too lenient. Unlike sky basing or other rules you might 'accidently' break, this one entails way more personal responsibility. It literally says teaming in solo games is a bannable offense at the start of every game. I might start a thread discussing that.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dvodany wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Welcome onboard! 🎉
dvodany wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on helper Worried, I knew you'll get there :D
dvodany wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations, welcome (again) to the team! 👏
Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Top Bottom