• Should be implemented

• Shouldn't be implemented

• Should be implemented with changes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Hey everyone, now I know this could be controversial but I was reading through the support page about people complaining about hackers and think this could be a solution. I get that Sentinal currently isn't being developed due to the fact that they don't have a developer, I have coding knowledge but don't meet some of the requirements so I can't apply. To help up the number of reports able to be made could be done 2 ways. A reporter rank could be made, this player could apply and get access to the /report command, basic requirements could include them having a certain amount of reports on the reports website. These "reporters" reports would be prioritized on the reports website as well. My second idea is to possibly make it so these people could be promoted to report processors and would focus on helping the backlog that might be created on the reports website. This could be a streamlined way to get a better community reports system. Any feedback on this is appreciated!

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
this player could apply and get access to the /report command
Most of the reports get ignored due to the volume of reports they get, and it’s more effective to report them using the website
These "reporters" reports would be prioritized on the reports website as well.
Why? People who paid for a rank/plus should also deserve this, then. Not very fair
My second idea is to possibly make it so these people could be promoted to report processors and would focus on helping the backlog that might be created on the reports website
Moderators already do this?

Last edited:
Reactions: remio

ElementThink

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The Netherlands
Hey everyone, now I know this could be controversial but I was reading through the support page about people complaining about hackers and think this could be a solution. I get that Sentinal currently isn't being developed due to the fact that they don't have a developer, I have coding knowledge but don't meet some of the requirements so I can't apply. To help up the number of reports able to be made could be done 2 ways. A reporter rank could be made, this player could apply and get access to the /report command, basic requirements could include them having a certain amount of reports on the reports website. These "reporters" reports would be prioritized on the reports website as well. My second idea is to possibly make it so these people could be promoted to report processors and would focus on helping the backlog that might be created on the reports website. This could be a streamlined way to get a better community reports system. Any feedback on this is appreciated!

I disagree because there already is a rank for that called moderator.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I had made a past thread about something like this and people hated it too... though I feel with some changes I agree.

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I sort of agree. I mean rankers paid for the/report command and it's a bit difficult to change this now. On the other hand if they want to do it the most efficient way, they should implement this. If you buy a rank that doesn't mean you know what are hacks and what not. If they make something so only people that have many succesfull reports can /report. There would be way less false reports and would the system be much more efficient.

Entrustious6679

Mar 28, 2020
Playing CubeCraft Skywars
On Bedrock, the /report doesn’t exist. However, I think if it would be added, if you made lots of reports on the website you would get a rank that would allow you to do the command without having plus/emerald etc..also... I WAS THINKING TO POST THIS lol . Maybe instead of applying, the mods would see how many reports you have made on the website and then give you the permission to use the command?

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I disagree because there already is a rank for that called moderator.
The reason for this is because of the fact it takes time to get promoted to mod. The mods are very busy and have many duties where this would only have 1 duty.

Most of the reports go ignored due to the volume of reports they get, and it’s more effective to report them using the website
This is a very good point, the problem is how slow the reports on the website can be processed which means more people games can be ruined.
Why? People who paid for a rank/plus should also deserve this, then. Not very fair
This is a very good point, but just because someone paid doesn't mean they can tell who's hacking or not. These people would have much experience and could be given some training.

Moderators already do this?
The reason for this is because of the fact it takes time to get promoted to mod. The mods are very busy and have many duties where this would only have 1 duty.

I had made a past thread about something like this and people hated it too... though I feel with some changes I agree.
Thank you, I'm sure you learned some points of view from this, any suggestions?

Maybe instead of applying, the mods would see how many reports you have made on the website and then give you the permission to use the command?
This is a good idea, but I think applying would be better because they would have to reach out to more people and waste their time if they're not interested. However, this is totally an option!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Entrustious6679

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
These people would have much experience and could be given some training.
That’s just wasting time from whoever has to train them. There’s not guarantee the report will be looked into, so I think it’s just wasting the staffs time.
The mods are very busy and have many duties where this would only have 1 duty.
Which is just reporting with no guarantee of a punishment. I’d rather have more helpers + moderators than a new “rank”

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
That’s just wasting time from whoever has to train them. There’s not guarantee the report will be looked into, so I think it’s just wasting the staffs time.
I agree but this could lower the workload of some of the staff or at least just more people reported
Which is just reporting with no guarantee of a punishment. I’d rather have more helpers + moderators than a new “rank”
This is smart, but the helpers and moderators have so many duties instead of just the reporter or even eventually these people could have banning powers. I should have said, this is just a temporary fix until Sentinal can be developed because they need more staff that can be completely focused on punishing hackers, while other staff can help with other issues.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
I think without a bigger staff team CubeCraft shouldn’t focus on the use of the /report command since the player might have logged out, have admin alert on. Is just in the lobby. For now I think that command should be left alone.
About the report site, I don’t think anyones reports should be prioritized since yes they might have mire change of being right but staff will get to them and since players who just have started reporting players might not be able to get a single “accepted” report because of that. If so they might just think, every hacker gets reported anyways might as well stop, I don’t know how they do it now but it works. Reports get handled really fast, especially lately! I’ve seen a big improvement! Good job Cube!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday! ^-^
JokeKaedee wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎈
JokeKaedee wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday c:
Basketman wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom