Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?


  • Total voters
    8

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
4,106
5,092
553
Beyond time and space
Why?

1. More features (rocket propelled elytra, more blocks *buildbattle*, more commands, etc.)
2. It fixes this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/why-in-the-world-would-you-not-have-vanilla-damage.200615
3. It will be easier to update to 1.13 afterwards
4. It would be hypocritical of cubecraft not to because the main argument to update to 1.9 was to "stay up to date with minecraft and embrace the new features". Cubecraft is still in 1.9. It's been almost two sctupping years, so much for staying up to date.

I hope you see the logic behind these points and I hope we can embrace a better cubecraft with more features which is up to date in the near future. Thanks (:
 
D

Deleted member 169486

Guest
Why?

1. More features (rocket propelled elytra, more blocks *buildbattle*, more commands, etc.)
2. It fixes this: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/why-in-the-world-would-you-not-have-vanilla-damage.200615
3. It will be easier to update to 1.13 afterwards
4. It would be hypocritical of cubecraft not to because the main argument to update to 1.9 was to "stay up to date with minecraft and embrace the new features". Cubecraft is still in 1.9. It's been almost two sctupping years, so much for staying up to date.

I hope you see the logic behind these points and I hope we can embrace a better cubecraft with more features which is up to date in the near future. Thanks :)
Cubecraft moved to 1.9, everyone complained about it. Now everyone has 1.8-1.12 support, so there is no reason not too.
 

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
2,306
2,239
298
I generally agree that cubecraft has keep up to date and should have updated to 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12. But since it seems to be a lot of work, maybe they should just focus on 1.13 now that the first snapshot has been released. Apparently a lot of the internal mechanisms are changing, so it might be a bit of a waste to update the games to 1.12 now. If they can quickly update to 1.12 they definitely should, but at this point 1.13 seems a more realistic goal.

I wouldn't mind only allowing 1.13 clients at that point, but if it is necessary to allow outdated clients, the server should still run on the newest version so only those players that decide to use outdated clients have to deal with the emerging issues instead of everyone.
 

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
5,040
10,896
624
24
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Although I do really want Cube to update to 1.12, there are quite a few users (including me) who have a modded instance that would require a lot of updating & reconfiguring. This only affects a very small part of Cube, but this is pretty much the only thing keeping my back from updating to 1.12 myself.
I personally think that Cube shouldn't be held back by the modded instances as it's not directly part of the Cubecraft experience, so I support the update myself.
 
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

1000002039.jpg

level 94 and 2,300 wins on mega
Iamomarv wrote on AmpleFawn7332's profile.
Thanks for following; I’ll be becoming a mod soonwish me luck!☺️
HiddenNeko wrote on CeruleanPrism81's profile.
Thanks for following!
thank you so much, whoever decided to do top 75 LB. I love it so much. this also probably encourages other people to play, because it's easier to get on the leaderboard. and if you're top 50, and get bumped down to 51, then you're still on the leaderboard. Thank you so much, i already did an entire math note on my notes app to see how long it'll take me to get there. (112 days) thank you!!
lnlnvxyy wrote on CircusWarz 🤡's profile.
how are u circuswarz i hope you are doing well:cubie2:
Top Bottom