Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

1.12, then 1.14

• Total voters

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Let's do this again. UPDATE TO 1.12 ALREADY. WE COULD GAIN SO MUCH FROM IT.

First things first, RE-ADD ARMOR PIERCING.

I'd imagine this isn't in the game by accident due to a plugin. FIND WHATEVER PLUGIN IS CAUSING THIS AND COMPLETELY DELETE ARMOR VALUES, MAKE THEM VANILLA. Some of the plugins likely weren't updated from 1.8 and don't have 1.9 armor values. This is the cause of 75% of complains about 1.9 fight style. Things that would be fixed by doing this:

- 1.12 fights take longer than 1.8: This is a completely misguided statement led by this server's plugins. Here's the truth:

Normal Diamond Armor vs Diamond Sword:

1.8 will block 80% of each hit for 1.6 damage normal hits and 2.4 damage for criticals.

1.12 will block 73% of each normal hit and 69.5% for crits equaling 1.89 damage for normal hits and 3.31 damage for criticals.

1.8 all normal hits: 1.6 x 2 = 3.2 DPS 20/3.2 = 6.5 (rounded from 6.25) seconds
1.8 with one crit and then all normal hits: 6 seconds
1.12 with all normal hits: 1.89 x 1.67 = 3.16 DPS 20/3.16 = 6.33 (Normalized) seconds
1.12 with starting crit: 5.88 seconds (Normalized)
1.12 with all crits: 3.1 x 1.6 = 4.96 DPS 4.04 seconds

Power 2 Bow vs Protection 2 Iron Armor

1.8 will block 72.8% of damage for 4.35 damage on normal shots and 4.9 on the 20% criticals. Average DPS = 4.46 5 seconds

1.12 will block 51% for normal shots and 48% for the 20% criticals for 7.84 damage on normal hits and 9.36 damage for 20% criticals. Average DPS = 8.14 3 seconds without boost from tipped arrows

The best example: PotPvP With Sharpness 4 Diamond Sword and Prot 4 Diamond Armor (Quickdrop time)
1.8 will block 96% of damage for 0.52 damage for standard hits and 0.78 damage for crits.
1.12 will block 89.2% of damage on standard hits and 85.7% of damage on crits for 1.02 damage on standard hits and 2.03 damage on crits.

1.8 normal: 19.5 seconds (rounded from 19.23)
1.8 one crit to nomal: 19 seconds (rounded from 18.98)
1.12 all normal: 12.27 seconds
1.12 one crit to normal: 11.01 seconds
1.12 all crits: 6.16 seconds

So for your information 1.8 people, 6.16/19.23 = 31.6% This means the PotPvP match takes 31% of the time before including potions, and when you include how frequently you'd have to do it in 1.12 its probably not even 20% of the 1.8 time.

Enough examples. Moving on:

- Gapple chugging: This tends to be a giant complaint and would be a huge improvement. Not even the weakest combo (Sharp 2 Wood Sword vs Prot 4 Diamond Armor) can't keep up with the rate of regen in 1.12. This would firmly solve the problem in normal eggwars and would be a large step in the right direction for OP. (which may still need a nerf)

- Non-gapple chugging: GOODBYE NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU BE SEEN

- Punishes using other slots: Armor piercing affects everything (except falling anvils) so the other items will now do a much larger amount of damage.

The other 25% of complains tend to have something to do with shields. This I do find to be a legitimate complaint, so something should be done about this. Instead of only axes being able to pierce the shields, all tools should have a chance to. Chances:

Wood and Gold Sword: 10% Time: 5 seconds
Stone Sword: 20% Time: 5 seconds
Iron Sword: 35% Time: 6 seconds
Diamond Sword: 50% Time: 7.5 seconds
Wood Axe: 55% Time: 5 seconds
Stone and Gold Axe: 62.5% Time: 6.5 seconds
Iron and Diamond Axe: 72.5% Time: 9 seconds
Bow, Shovel, or Pickaxe: 10% Time: 5 seconds

I may have made these chances a bit high, let me know if I should lower them

Part 2: New Ideas for 1.12 (before more are added for 1.14)

Elytra Eggwars
This would play pretty similar to normal eggwars with some differences. The most obvious one is the inclusion of permanent elytra that can not be taken off. (Yes, this means no chestplates whatsoever!)

Two non-vanilla mechanics will be present in this game, both to help prevent endless stalling
1. No using elytra while an enemy player is <= 10 blocks away or it's been <= 10 seconds since you were last hit by an enemy (arrows included)
2. You can not eat while gliding (this way you can not regen)

In normal / hardcore mode, each rocket will have 1 firework star attached which does 7 hp of damage. In OP each one will have 4 attached, doing 13 damage. This allows a maximum of 4 consecutive firework rockets before you'll die from explosive damage with iron armor in either mode, with 5 available in OP with diamond armor.

Items Exclusively Available in this mode:
2 Diamonds = 1 Level 1 Firework Rocket
4 Diamonds = 1 Level 2 Firework Rocket
15 Gold = Homing arrow (One that will hunt down flying people within 10 blocks)
15 Diamonds = Anvil Rain (Drops a bunch of anvils behind the person's trail for 3 seconds) (Disappear on contact)

Other
If elytra eggwars proves to be a success, it, along with Wings FFA and Wing Rush, will be moved to a new lobby called "Elytra Games". One new game will be added to this lobby, of which I'd prefer either Elytra UHC or a brand new game.

Part 3: How to Update
Don't just throw this update out all at once and keep us waiting for a month. Update in this order:
- Patch the plugin involving armor piercing
- Freebuild
- Eggwars Normal
- UHC
- PvP
- Minerware
- Survival Games
- Skywars
- Lucky Islands
- Beta Games
- Arcade
- Blockwars
- Tower Defense
- New 1.12 games

And don't wait for forever to update to 1.14. Update as soon as it comes out.

Bye

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Please show me how you did those maths. Also I rather wait till 1.14 is released and then update. It's only like 3 - 5 months away.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Please show me how you did those maths. Also I rather wait till 1.14 is released and then update. It's only like 3 - 5 months away.
Here's how you do the math:
Calculate the base armor protection by multiplying the number of armor bars by 8. So 7.5 is 60% protection for example.

Account for armor piercing (this is what's missing due to plugin) For non-diamond armor, each hit point of the attack will take away 2% of damage that would otherwise be protected. So if an iron sword was attacking iron armor it would protect you from 60% of damage in 1.8 but only 48% in 1.12.

Lastly, account for protection on the armor. Add up the total number of protection numbers (so prot 3 + prot 2) = 5 levels. Divide this number by 25. Going back to the iron armor scenario, if everything was protection 2 that means that of the 52% NOT being protected, 32% of that will be covered by protection. Multiply .52 x .32 to get .166 or 16.6% Add the 16.6% to the 48% mentioned before to get a total of 64.6% of damage being protected. Subtract this from one to get that 35.4% is not being protected. Multiply this by the original 6 damage and you'll get that each hit each hit will do 2.124 damage. Since the DPS is calculated by multiplying this by 1.67, 1.12 will do 3.55 DPS. Divide this from 20 to get that it takes 5.63 seconds to kill.

1.8 does flat 72.8% protection regardless of damage for 1.9 damage on each hit, the DPS will be 3.8. Divide this from 20 to get that it takes 5.26 seconds to kill. Round up due to damage immunity - 5.5 seconds to kill

In this case, 1.8 is slightly shorter ignoring the fact that it's easier to land multiple crits in 1.12

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
First things first, RE-ADD ARMOR PIERCING
Armor piercing was never on Cubecraft because it never came out until 1.9.2. Cubecraft runs off of 1.9.0.

Not even the weakest combo (Sharp 2 Wood Sword vs Prot 4 Diamond Armor) can't keep up with the rate of regen in 1.12.
I don't think the regen is that slow usually eating a steak when fighting a tanky kit against another tanky kit but it will still help the problem a lot. Gapples could definitely keep up with the added regen effect. You would definitely have to eat more than in 1.9.0.

The other 25% of complains tend to have something to do with shields. This I do find to be a legitimate complaint, so something should be done about this. Instead of only axes being able to pierce the shields, all tools should have a chance to. Chances:
I prefer solutions to shields where they just have very little durability or melee attacks do a lot more damage to shields than nomally. It still has a vanilla feel and doesn't take that long to understand.

I still feel like updating to 1.12 will be a complete waste of time with many parts of the game being recoded in 1.13 that might make it more difficult to update to. Also if the server is 1.13 the majority of people will he on the new default resource pack so the builders wouldn't have to accommodate for both default packs. I want to see Cubecraft on new updates but I would rather have 1.13 in a few months than have 1.12 and then probably have to wait a year for the server to update again.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I tried to recreate the iron warrior on a 1.12.2 server and I had to add protection because fights were so short you couldn't eat the apple. But in the end, it doesn't really matter for most games if armor is weaker or stronger, you can just adapt the loottables so the fights take as long as you want.
I think games should be designed in a way where updating to a different spigot version doesn't take much efford. So I support updating to 1.12.2 now, while also keeping in mind that 1.13 and 1.14 are already announced.

1.12.2 -> 1.13 -> 1.13.1 -> 1.14 -> 1.14.1 -> 1.14.2 -> 1.14.3 ...

Last edited:
A

A pigeon

@Power Ranger

First off , they woyld not have a problem updating if they had already been updating to begin with. If its hard on them its their fault

Next , the resource pack is a default edit . Its not going to change everything drastically

Third , the resource pack is not even a 1.14 feature. It will have a seperate release entirely.

Next , even IF they didnt update by the the resourcepack arrives , nothing they do can stop people from using it because they themselves will make the server at least 1.13 COMPATIBLE as tbey have been doing.

Btw what is armour piercing @CommunistCactusfanboy no , all tools should have no chance to pierce shields. The whole point of updating is to make PvP vanilla not for cubecraft tamper with shields . Just update the server so shields can actually be useful

Reactions: CommunistCactus

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
they are gona hold 1.8 or they will just loose a lot of players and mayby some staff. also the fights take longer in 1.9 because you dont hit every hit. and in 1.8 you can hit arround 4-15 hits per second. so the math here doesnt proof anything.

and they should w8 for 1.14 or just hold the server the same with compactiable from 1.9-1.1X

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
fights take longer in 1.9 because you dont hit every hit
1.9 takes more skill, but you can get good at it. Also it really doesb't matter how long fights take with identical gear since they can adapt tge kits/loot tables to make fights last as long as they want.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Gapple chugging: This tends to be a giant complaint and would be a huge improvement. Not even the weakest combo (Sharp 2 Wood Sword vs Prot 4 Diamond Armor) can't keep up with the rate of regen in 1.12. This would firmly solve the problem in normal eggwars and would be a large step in the right direction for OP. (which may still need a nerf)
This dosent even help now or for at least what ive seen and tested
The other 25% of complains tend to have something to do with shields. This I do find to be a legitimate complaint, so something should be done about this. Instead of only axes being able to pierce the shields, all tools should have a chance to
1.10 actually changed things for the shield, its now immune to everything including fisting (no more suicide hits) and its more than diubled its durability

A

A pigeon

This dosent even help now or for at least what ive seen and tested

1.10 actually changed things for the shield, its now immune to everything including fisting (no more suicide hits) and its more than diubled its durability
1.11***

1.10 was the most underwhelming update they released

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
they are gona hold 1.8 or they will just loose a lot of players and mayby some staff. also the fights take longer in 1.9 because you dont hit every hit. and in 1.8 you can hit arround 4-15 hits per second. so the math here doesnt proof anything.

and they should w8 for 1.14 or just hold the server the same with compactiable from 1.9-1.1X
Completely incorrect, max dps in 1.8 is 2 times the damage of your strongest tool lmao. Also if cube waits for 1.14 they'll say oh 1.15 comes out soon we'll wait for that and then when 1.15 comes out they'll say oh 1.16 is coming soon

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Let's do this again. UPDATE TO 1.12 ALREADY. WE COULD GAIN SO MUCH FROM IT.

First things first, RE-ADD ARMOR PIERCING.

I'd imagine this isn't in the game by accident due to a plugin. FIND WHATEVER PLUGIN IS CAUSING THIS AND COMPLETELY DELETE ARMOR VALUES, MAKE THEM VANILLA. Some of the plugins likely weren't updated from 1.8 and don't have 1.9 armor values. This is the cause of 75% of complains about 1.9 fight style. Things that would be fixed by doing this:

- 1.12 fights take longer than 1.8: This is a completely misguided statement led by this server's plugins. Here's the truth:

Normal Diamond Armor vs Diamond Sword:

1.8 will block 80% of each hit for 1.6 damage normal hits and 2.4 damage for criticals.

1.12 will block 73% of each normal hit and 69.5% for crits equaling 1.89 damage for normal hits and 3.31 damage for criticals.

1.8 all normal hits: 1.6 x 2 = 3.2 DPS 20/3.2 = 6.5 (rounded from 6.25) seconds
1.8 with one crit and then all normal hits: 6 seconds
1.12 with all normal hits: 1.89 x 1.67 = 3.16 DPS 20/3.16 = 6.33 (Normalized) seconds
1.12 with starting crit: 5.88 seconds (Normalized)
1.12 with all crits: 3.1 x 1.6 = 4.96 DPS 4.04 seconds

Power 2 Bow vs Protection 2 Iron Armor

1.8 will block 72.8% of damage for 4.35 damage on normal shots and 4.9 on the 20% criticals. Average DPS = 4.46 5 seconds

1.12 will block 51% for normal shots and 48% for the 20% criticals for 7.84 damage on normal hits and 9.36 damage for 20% criticals. Average DPS = 8.14 3 seconds without boost from tipped arrows

The best example: PotPvP With Sharpness 4 Diamond Sword and Prot 4 Diamond Armor (Quickdrop time)
1.8 will block 96% of damage for 0.52 damage for standard hits and 0.78 damage for crits.
1.12 will block 89.2% of damage on standard hits and 85.7% of damage on crits for 1.02 damage on standard hits and 2.03 damage on crits.

1.8 normal: 19.5 seconds (rounded from 19.23)
1.8 one crit to nomal: 19 seconds (rounded from 18.98)
1.12 all normal: 12.27 seconds
1.12 one crit to normal: 11.01 seconds
1.12 all crits: 6.16 seconds

So for your information 1.8 people, 6.16/19.23 = 31.6% This means the PotPvP match takes 31% of the time before including potions, and when you include how frequently you'd have to do it in 1.12 its probably not even 20% of the 1.8 time.

Enough examples. Moving on:

- Gapple chugging: This tends to be a giant complaint and would be a huge improvement. Not even the weakest combo (Sharp 2 Wood Sword vs Prot 4 Diamond Armor) can't keep up with the rate of regen in 1.12. This would firmly solve the problem in normal eggwars and would be a large step in the right direction for OP. (which may still need a nerf)

- Non-gapple chugging: GOODBYE NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU BE SEEN

- Punishes using other slots: Armor piercing affects everything (except falling anvils) so the other items will now do a much larger amount of damage.

Wood and Gold Sword: 10% Time: 5 seconds
Stone Sword: 20% Time: 5 seconds
Iron Sword: 35% Time: 6 seconds
Diamond Sword: 50% Time: 7.5 seconds
Wood Axe: 55% Time: 5 seconds
Stone and Gold Axe: 62.5% Time: 6.5 seconds
Iron and Diamond Axe: 72.5% Time: 9 seconds
Bow, Shovel, or Pickaxe: 10% Time: 5 seconds

I may have made these chances a bit high, let me know if I should lower them

Part 2: New Ideas for 1.12 (before more are added for 1.14)

Elytra Eggwars
This would play pretty similar to normal eggwars with some differences. The most obvious one is the inclusion of permanent elytra that can not be taken off. (Yes, this means no chestplates whatsoever!)

Two non-vanilla mechanics will be present in this game, both to help prevent endless stalling
1. No using elytra while an enemy player is <= 10 blocks away or it's been <= 10 seconds since you were last hit by an enemy (arrows included)
2. You can not eat while gliding (this way you can not regen)

In normal / hardcore mode, each rocket will have 1 firework star attached which does 7 hp of damage. In OP each one will have 4 attached, doing 13 damage. This allows a maximum of 4 consecutive firework rockets before you'll die from explosive damage with iron armor in either mode, with 5 available in OP with diamond armor.

Items Exclusively Available in this mode:
2 Diamonds = 1 Level 1 Firework Rocket
4 Diamonds = 1 Level 2 Firework Rocket
15 Gold = Homing arrow (One that will hunt down flying people within 10 blocks)
15 Diamonds = Anvil Rain (Drops a bunch of anvils behind the person's trail for 3 seconds) (Disappear on contact)

Other
If elytra eggwars proves to be a success, it, along with Wings FFA and Wing Rush, will be moved to a new lobby called "Elytra Games". One new game will be added to this lobby, of which I'd prefer either Elytra UHC or a brand new game.

Part 3: How to Update
Don't just throw this update out all at once and keep us waiting for a month. Update in this order:
- Patch the plugin involving armor piercing
- Freebuild
- Eggwars Normal
- UHC
- PvP
- Minerware
- Survival Games
- Skywars
- Lucky Islands
- Beta Games
- Arcade
- Blockwars
- Tower Defense
- New 1.12 games

And don't wait for forever to update to 1.14. Update as soon as it comes out.

Bye

I think they should just fully update to 1.12 and that way they could use cool blocks for each lobby. If we keep 1.9-1.11.2, then it will become outdated and there will be bugs.
+1

giesko

Novice Member
Jun 17, 2017
netherlands
Completely incorrect, max dps in 1.8 is 2 times the damage of your strongest tool lmao. Also if cube waits for 1.14 they'll say oh 1.15 comes out soon we'll wait for that and then when 1.15 comes out they'll say oh 1.16 is coming soon
i was talking about cps.. not dps... 2 difrent things

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom