Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Necroposting for some post like adding "Nice post!" or "Bump!" Should still be punishable after the few weeks time

But if a user is asking a question that may have never been asked or clearly explained in a Suggestion/Feedback I believe shouldn't punished at all (See examples why)
This post by @betty's oldies I would love to ask "Would this death Match be in the same cornucopia or a new Death Match Arena? Would it Automatically heal all players to 10 hearts on teleportation?"
OR

This post by @Awabbatt I would love to ask "Would Reports like "Fly Hacks, KillAura and AntiKnockBack count as more points than a report of AutoBridge and Speed? (Meaning less players reporting others for fly, KA and AKB Gives higher probability to sentinel over a players eye for Auto Bridging and Speed because of Bedrock Features)"

Or if the post reaches the correct amount of "Agrees" a user can reply to the thread something like "This has reached 25 Agrees @AModerator"

D

Deleted member 576174

I strongly disagree because bumps, for example, can prevent repeated and copy pasted thread and but keep the thread active or even make it resurface after a few weeks of inactivity.

Reactions: meliodas9463808

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
I strongly disagree because bumps, for example, can prevent repeated and copy pasted thread and but keep the thread active or even make it resurface after a few weeks of inactivity.
Excessively bumping for no reason is already punishable by necroposting that's why it says "Should still be punishable"

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
This post by @betty's oldies I would love to ask "Would this death Match be in the same cornucopia or a new Death Match Arena? Would it Automatically heal all players to 10 hearts on teleportation?"
1. Either is fine. (Traditionally according to the films, which is where Survival Games is based on, the final fight would take place at the cornucopia.)

2. I wholeheartedly agree about the necroposting rule. If it's a pointless bump then it should be punishable, but if it's still relevant to the topic then that should be an exception to the 3-week deadline for a new post.

This wiki article from MIT's Scratch gives the same definition you're suggesting:
Scratch Wiki said:
If the topic has been inactive for a significant amount of time, and the new post adds nothing to the topic, then the post can be considered a necropost. However, a post in a sticky or ITopic is not considered a necropost if it adds more useful information (these topics are kept at the top of the forum page anyway, so posting does not bump them).

However, if the topic is important enough or the post adds more useful information to the topic, then it is not considered a necropost.

One problem with the current necropost rule is just what you described: you may want to add something related to the topic but instead have to make a new thread, in which case it adds more clutter in the form of creating more threads just to talk add to the original topic (it also means the original topic is harder to find in that you go through mazes of new threads just to reach the original). The keyword that would allow this change is that new, useful information is added.

OP clearly stated that bumping as a necropost should still be punished. Could you please read the thread carefully before posting?

Reactions: DarkStray

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
But about the suggestion:
Posting on an old thread is necroposting, and I feel like the message doesn’t matter. If you want to ask a question, you could always just ask the owner of the thread in dms or something. Furthermore, it can lead to discussions whether the question or addition is useful.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
But about the suggestion:
Posting on an old thread is necroposting, and I feel like the message doesn’t matter. If you want to ask a question, you could always just ask the owner of the thread in dms or something. Furthermore, it can lead to discussions whether the question or addition is useful.
But how would it also add or create more clarification for a thread? Sure you be could make a new thread but that is soemetimes hit with a “this has already been suggested *sends link* here”

And also in other threads you are allowed to Necro Post depending where they are

3.8 - Necroposting​

Necroposting is defined as replying to threads that haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive them. This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introductions or pinned threads.

• Agree
Reactions: betty's oldies

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
But how would it also add or create more clarification for a thread? Sure you be could make a new thread but that is soemetimes hit with a “this has already been suggested *sends link* here”

And also in other threads you are allowed to Necro Post depending where they are

3.8 - Necroposting​

Necroposting is defined as replying to threads that haven't had any new posts in the last 3 weeks in an attempt to revive them. This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introductions or pinned threads.
They don’t want you to revive a thread, because the subject is closed and that way a suggestion can go around for weeks or even months. So there’s no need to make the dead subject more clear.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
They don’t want you to revive a thread, because the subject is closed and that way a suggestion can go around for weeks or even months. So there’s no need to make the dead subject more clear.
That’s not entirely true lol, it’s a suggestion not a thread that would be in “The Lobby”

It would also help for suggestions being re suggested which is also going to flood the top posts in the category from newer ones.
Sure you could say it would still not allow other suggestions to be seen, but if you have 4 suggestions about the same thing in the 50most replied threads those 4 would replace the other 4 non duplicated posts in the now top 100

It’s not as much to keep old suggestions added, but more suggestions being seen. Those 2 examples I showed were ones I have honestly never seen before and wish I had been there when they were published

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
Yeah I know, so what?
You know the Necroposting rule says “This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introductions or pinned threads.” Right?

It’s asking to update it for suggestions to allow relevant questions to the threads. Stuff like “Agree!” And “Bump!” Would still punish the user

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
You know the Necroposting rule says “This does not apply to news posts, games, map submissions or introductions or pinned threads.” Right?

It’s asking to update it for suggestions to allow relevant questions to the threads. Stuff like “Agree!” And “Bump!” Would still punish the user
I wasnt talking about The Lobby either

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Critly wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday, enjoy your day! :)
Dreamer wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Dreamer wrote on xNessus's profile.
Thanks for the follow!
Thunder wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!