Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Let me clear a few things up.

• You simply cannot blame the moderators and helpers for not being online enough, they do everything they can, trust me. As I said before, some of us have personal issues, lots of others face the problems of having jobs and school, etc.
  • Saying that someone should become a staff member, such as
    will NOT help at all, there is even a chance this decreases the chance of the player actually getting staff.
  • This is untrue. Although I love 1.8 pvp myself, the problems that are being addressed in this thread have nothing to do with the pvp mode.
  • "I have a feeling joe is yawning once again", "instead of getting another one of these amazing responses from Joe". Please know that not everyone in the staff team thinks that way.
  • For a start, I'd like to say that I completely understand your frustration. My point is that making threads about it has proven to do nothing. Which is why I suggested talking to a staff member in a conversation instead so that they can forward it to higher staff, if we do so, the chance of it getting fixed will likely be higher. That's what I'm trying to say.
  • In threads such as these, it is highly appreciated if you act mature about the subject being addressed. For example, @iAmHaider @Okselhaar. Some of your messages are unnecessary and do not follow our rules. Your messages may have been removed or altered. We understand some of you may be frustrated, but please stay mature about it

Btw, if anyone is wondering about the 'donator' ranks: We didn't lose them, Mac just took our prefixes away. Whenever a staff member resigns, the prefix will be there again.
You said that what I said was untrue, but where are the contests of Tacos? Where are the dropparty's? Where is the giant slime block above the foodshop? Oh yeah, these things are gone since 1.9. And Iloveyouu made the thread in section assassins, and the 7-day ban is one of the problems that are making the game even more broken.

Reactions: Okselhaar

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
You said that what I said was untrue, but where are the contests of Tacos? Where are the dropparty's? Where is the giant slime block above the foodshop? Oh yeah, these things are gone since 1.9. And Iloveyouu made the thread in section assassins, and the 7-day ban is one of the problems that are making the game even more broken.
I was simply stating that the problems being addressed in this thread, the hackers and the punishment system, have absolutely nothing to do with the pvp mode.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
I was simply stating that the problems being addressed in this thread, the hackers and the punishment system, have absolutely nothing to do with the pvp mode.
True, people were having fun, and the speedhackers weren't such a big deal. Staff stopped with doing fun things, so it's now just: Being the best and when you have dia or iron gear a speedhacker kills you, he gets banned and after 1 week he's back or 1m, because he has an alt. So yes, it had someting to do with the mode because the PvPmode has become a hackmode, because you can't even play the game without gettig killed by a hacker. No way that a dia hacker against a dia legit person loses, that's rare.

Reactions: Okselhaar

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Just to clear up the staff members losing ranks issue. We did not lose our ranks, our ranks are still there. We just lost the tags for it. I personaly like this, it looks a lot more neat and clean. Of course people will always dissagree on what looks good and what looks bad. But yeah, we just lost the tag not our ranks.
Yea sorry, I meant the tags. I still mean what I said though as some staff members might've even donated once they were staff just to get a nice tag..

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
So eh I'll be making a useful thread about Hackers later... (Believe me its worth it ;) ) Well when I'm back home at least... So guys just report them... And after 7 days report them again....

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
For a start, I'd like to say that I completely understand your frustration. My point is that making threads about it has proven to do nothing. Which is why I suggested talking to a staff member in a conversation instead so that they can forward it to higher staff, if we do so, the chance of it getting fixed will likely be higher. That's what I'm trying to say.
Yea and if we write a nice complaint to a staff member and they forward it to higher staff they're like: "oh nice just one complaint from this kid who cares.". Come on man, a thread like this does a 100 times more than that, there have been more than a hundred replies and I've recieved a bunch of likes including from staff members, which should probably show the higher staff that it's a serious problem. Currently it seems like the only reason you guys want us to write this stuff in a private conversation is so that not everyone sees how broken everything is..

B

Britney Spears

The first ban is a week. If you're banned again, it's longer. Eventually, it's permanent with no chance of appeal. It's honestly a better system this way, as most hackers would just give us a sob story on their appeal, get unbanned, and go right back to hacking. They get banned again, another sob story, and we're not gonna realize it's the same guy twice. We ban waaay too many people to remember them all. With this new system, we're automatically informed if you're a repeat offender, in which case, your appeal is definitely getting denied.

In the long run, the new system is fan-friggin'-tastic. We're gonna have our delinquent repeat offenders, sure, but let's be honest: they were already here
^
This is how the new punishment system works , since you guys only see it from the side of:
''wow I've put so much effort in reporting but the hackers are only getting banned for one week?!?''.
But what's the difference between a hacker that gets punished for a week, and a hacker that appeals with a sob story who's getting unbanned as well in maybe even less than a week, nothing. We can now see if an offender has been punished more than once in the past and we can use that to review appeals and decline appeals automatically when we see that a player was using hacks in the past.

I also wasn't very happy with the new system at first sight , but it turns out to be a better way of deciding which appeal to accept and which not. This is the way to put it:

Old system:
+ 1 year bans for hackers
- Appeals get accepted more quick due to that we did not know if someone hacked in the past or not.

New system:
- 1 week bans (eventually if player caught hacking again it'll become permanent)
+ We won't be accepting appeals if we see that the player was previously banned

Both systems have their pros and cons.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Old system:
- Appeals get accepted more quick due to that we did not know if someone hacked in the past or not.

New system:
- 1 week bans

Love how you even said it yourself, you're stating that one week bans is a con. So basically what you're saying and what everyone has been saying is that a one week ban just isn't the right punishment, I really don't hate the punishment system that much but they should change the fact that they ban hackers for only one week.. Let's take your nice example and change it up a bit.

Old system:

New system:
+ First ban 3 months, second ban 6 months and third ban 1 year/permanent.

Wow see how I changed the new system to just pros? What do you think we've been complaining about all this time? As I already stated before in my response to tacos, the new system is fine but they have to ban for longer, which is basically the same as the old system but then you guys are able to see the punishments of a player in the past.

O

Okselhaar

Just to clear up the staff members losing ranks issue. We did not lose our ranks, our ranks are still there. We just lost the tags for it. I personaly like this, it looks a lot more neat and clean. Of course people will always dissagree on what looks good and what looks bad. But yeah, we just lost the tag not our ranks.
Were talking about assassination, not stafftags. Oke no i couldn't let it sorry.

@Stefanvld, we want 1.8 because of how assassins was then, not because the pvp, (3rd time eplaining btw). 1.8 was much more fun.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Were talking about assassination, not stafftags. Oke no i couldn't let it sorry.

@Stefanvld, we want 1.8 because of how assassins was then, not because the pvp, (3rd time eplaining btw). 1.8 was much more fun.
I started about donator tags, I used it as an example.

iAmLva

May 23, 2016
Love how you even said it yourself, you're stating that one week bans is a con. So basically what you're saying and what everyone has been saying is that a one week ban just isn't the right punishment, I really don't hate the punishment system that much but they should change the fact that they ban hackers for only one week.. Let's take your nice example and change it up a bit.

Old system:

New system:

Wow see how I changed the new system to just pros? What do you think we've been complaining about all this time? As I already stated before in my response to tacos, the new system is fine but they have to ban for longer, which is basically the same as the old system but then you guys are able to see the punishments of a player in the past.
^^

TlmeLord

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
On top of Rororoyourboat

Old system:

New system:

Thing is, mods and admins don't have any say in such thing such as how long should a hacker should be banned for. They can't really change anything.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Thing is, mods and admins don't have any say in such thing such as how long should a hacker should be banned for. They can't really change anything.
I know this thread is mainly directed to higher staff who can change things, sadly they don't like to reply though.

O

Okselhaar

^
This is how the new punishment system works , since you guys only see it from the side of:
''wow I've put so much effort in reporting but the hackers are only getting banned for one week?!?''.
But what's the difference between a hacker that gets punished for a week, and a hacker that appeals with a sob story who's getting unbanned as well in maybe even less than a week, nothing. We can now see if an offender has been punished more than once in the past and we can use that to review appeals and decline appeals automatically when we see that a player was using hacks in the past.

I also wasn't very happy with the new system at first sight , but it turns out to be a better way of deciding which appeal to accept and which not. This is the way to put it:

Old system:

New system:
- 1 week bans (eventually if player caught hacking again it'll become permanent)

If their appeal wil be denied, they probably have 300 more alts, Same with 1 year ban. The solution is adding a new ban system where they first get ipban, then double ipban, then the appeal wont be denied. Thanks for reading.

No serious, there's no way for REALLY banning hackers.

sury fur bad english

O

Okselhaar

Oh btw guys! 1 of the 7 reports have been seen, He is muted! (probably for 10mins!). yay, 6 more to go.

Not reporting people anymore, My report wont be seen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

who is spuuuni
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
Top Bottom