Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
If their appeal wil be denied, they probably have 300 more alts, Same with 1 year ban. The solution is adding a new ban system where they first get ipban, then double ipban, then the appeal wont be denied. Thanks for reading.

No serious, there's no way for REALLY banning hackers.

sury fur bad english
For the millionth time, ban or ipban isnt that big of a difference.

B

Britney Spears

Love how you even said it yourself, you're stating that one week bans is a con. So basically what you're saying and what everyone has been saying is that a one week ban just isn't the right punishment, I really don't hate the punishment system that much but they should change the fact that they ban hackers for only one week.. Let's take your nice example and change it up a bit.

Old system:
+ 1 year bans for hackers
- Appeals get accepted more quick due to that we did not know if someone hacked in the past or not.

New system:
+ First ban 3 months, second ban 6 months and third ban 1 year/permanent.
+ We won't be accepting appeals if we see that the player was previously banned

Wow see how I changed the new system to just pros? What do you think we've been complaining about all this time? As I already stated before in my response to tacos, the new system is fine but they have to ban for longer, which is basically the same as the old system but then you guys are able to see the punishments of a player in the past.

I was actually just explaining how the new system works since some players thought that it does not bring any benefits with it cause it totally does.And yes, the weekly bans are indeed in my eyes a con to the new system since they are so short.

Thing is, mods and admins don't have any say in such thing such as how long should a hacker should be banned for. They can't really change anything.

Preach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: iLoveYouu

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
U guys didnt registrate that??!??!?!?!?!?!?!
Our systems weren't advanced enough for that. We now have a system in place that logs all bans and mutes, even after they expire or get appealed.

The old conundrum with banning a player was guilt. If you banned someone, you needed to be damn sure they hack; a year ban is basically a death sentence in the world of Minecraft servers, and if I banned someone, I had to do it with the mindset that this person cannot be redeemed, that this person is guilty beyond all doubt.

If I banned someone, they appealed, and I couldn't find the evidence I used to ban them in the first place, I'm gonna have to go to bed that night thinking I might have ruined a kid's favorite video game. Maybe that kid has abusive parents and comes to Cubecraft for an escape. Maybe that kid is a lonely nerdy dork and his only friends are online, and maybe that kid is losing his favorite server because I mistook lag for anti-knockback, or some vindictive jerk used Labymod to frame his enemy and get him banned.

Now I can ban someone for a week and if they're innocent, they'll be back in 7 days and all I owe them is an apology. For the first month or so, we're gonna have repeat offenders, but after that, they're going to be getting permanent bans. People who got banned once are gonna wise up and stop using hacks. I, along with the rest of the staff team, am gonna stop being so paranoid about ruining some poor kid's favorite game and be more active with reports. This new punishment system is going to be a fantastic thing for Cubecraft, but we all need to chip in to make it work.

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
Lets start from the beginning then.......
Our systems weren't advanced enough for that. We now have a system in place that logs all bans and mutes, even after they expire or get appealed.

The old conundrum with banning a player was guilt. If you banned someone, you needed to be damn sure they hack; a year ban is basically a death sentence in the world of Minecraft servers, and if I banned someone, I had to do it with the mindset that this person cannot be redeemed, that this person is guilty beyond all doubt.

If I banned someone, they appealed, and I couldn't find the evidence I used to ban them in the first place, I'm gonna have to go to bed that night thinking I might have ruined a kid's favorite video game. Maybe that kid has abusive parents and comes to Cubecraft for an escape. Maybe that kid is a lonely nerdy dork and his only friends are online, and maybe that kid is losing his favorite server because I mistook lag for anti-knockback, or some vindictive jerk used Labymod to frame his enemy and get him banned.

Now I can ban someone for a week and if they're innocent, they'll be back in 7 days and all I owe them is an apology. For the first month or so, we're gonna have repeat offenders, but after that, they're going to be getting permanent bans. People who got banned once are gonna wise up and stop using hacks. I, along with the rest of the staff team, am gonna stop being so paranoid about ruining some poor kid's favorite game and be more active with reports. This new punishment system is going to be a fantastic thing for Cubecraft, but we all need to chip in to make it work.
Agreed. The way you look at it makes it less worse. But the real hackers are an difficulty tho...

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds

See, I think this is the kind of response everyone wants. It's a real reason well explained, and it makes everything seem a little less worse than it did before.

Reactions: Tacosbefriends

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Lets start from the beginning then.......

Agreed. The way you look at it makes it less worse. But the real hackers are an difficulty tho...
I've banned over 100 people over the past 24 hours lol

I believe there's about 60 staff members. Discounting the ones who can't ban (builders, devs, helpers) and the ones too busy to actively ban (most admins, owners) I'd say it's probably 20 staff responsible for the server's hacker problem. There's just too many. This is why we're training helpers. The problem is being worked on, slowly but surely. With the community's help, we can make it go faster.

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds
I've banned over 100 people over the past 24 hours lol

I believe there's about 60 staff members. Discounting the ones who can't ban (builders, devs, helpers) and the ones too busy to actively ban (most admins, owners) I'd say it's probably 20 staff responsible for the server's hacker problem. There's just too many. This is why we're training helpers. The problem is being worked on, slowly but surely. With the community's help, we can make it go faster.

And also to add on probably what all staff are thinking, making threads and expecting high ranked staff to reply do not help it go faster at all. I really think all it does is stress them out more about it getting it done. I really feel like they are trying and it just takes a long time. I do agree that Assassins is having it's downfall and isn't really in the best shape.. But I am sure it will be fixed in the near future.

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
You're right in a way as it must be terrible to ruin some poor kids favorite game, but hackers also ruin the favorite game of so many players every single day. I personally don't believe that this would happen at all though, as you guys probably tell your staff members almost every day that the evidence has to be extremely clear, and if you don't know it for sure ask it to other staff members. I don't think it would happen very often that someone got wrongly banned by a report. Even if they got banned they can always appeal or just talk to the staff member or other staff members about this ban. I personally have been banned falsely as well and of course this sucks quite a lot, it's not that difficult to get unbanned.

Of course this new system is better in a way than the old system like I've already mentioned a couple of times now, but a one week ban is seriously retarded. Come on man these kids ruin the game for thousands of people every single day and they get away with it so easily. All the free alt accounts out there can be used like 4 times before they get perm banned. Ugh, I know that you're never going to agree with me and understand me as you're an admin and you don't really experience the game as we do. One of the worst things about this all is that the higher staff tried to hide that people get banned for a week, I personally can't find anything saying that hackers get banned for a week. As long as staff members know for sure when someone uses hacks they should be punished correctly and not just for a week as they obviously know it's against the rules. Like what is worse having someone get falsely banned which happens once every per 1000 hackers getting banned, this could like never happen if staff members get video evidence when banning players ingame and looking closely at reports, or is it worse to have the game being ruined for thousands of players everyday by hackers and they are able to do it more than ever as they get unbanned after a week. Your problem is quite bad, but it really isn't that bad that hackers only should get banned for a week...

Reactions: Ping Ether

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
I must say, I regret some of what I might have thought about this whole situation.
With the community's help, we can make it go faster.
The "community" is not always made by people capable of "helping", It might be composed of active members but also of young kids, just having fun. And also composed by cheaters and rule breakers, obviously. The point is, it's not as easy for everyone to find video evidence or report to the forums, and not so many people really have the simple "urge" to report, let's be honest. There are loads of reports everyday, that's pretty obvious in the report section here. But there are way more hackers that got away with it the same day. We just need a more efficent way to involve the community into collaborating against "h4xors and rule breakers", there might just be a reminder after saying "hax" in the chat, saying that you can record the event and report it (with a link) and that would still work. Not so much, but might probably be better. Or just banners in the lobby, signs, something, anything... that can help with involving people. In most lobbies if someone gets killed by a hacker they instantly leave and there's a small chance that there's someone reporting. Personal experience.

This server is a community, not just a place where to wander around mindlessly playing some games and whatnot. ( I think, I might be wrong on this you tell me)

Hope I didn't disrespect anyone (it happened like twice so disclamer I don't have anything against anyone personal.)

-Ping Ether here,
---bye.

Reactions: Okselhaar

AdventureeTree

You're a wise man !

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
It's quite the opposite. I've played on the latter myself for a long time last year and their developers are too slow to combat hackers. A lot of staff? Yes. Anticheat? Non-existent.
I have to disagree witth that, sorry. My first day on Memeplex Skywars with my friend a dude was trying to fly hack to our island, he got kicked. My friend missed it! Lol! But yeah that's the only time I saw an anti-cheat on Memeplex, while on Lowpixel people could just pillar and glide around the map with their speedfly hacks unnoticed, like woah.
So yeah they have "some" anti-cheat, but not really enough community effort in caring about the hackers problem

Laskyy

Dedicated Member
Jan 6, 2015
C-137
bit.do
I have to disagree witth that, sorry. My first day on Memeplex Skywars with my friend a dude was trying to fly hack to our island, he got kicked. My friend missed it! Lol! But yeah that's the only time I saw an anti-cheat on Memeplex, while on Lowpixel people could just pillar and glide around the map with their speedfly hacks unnoticed, like woah.
So yeah they have "some" anti-cheat, but not really enough community effort in caring about the hackers problem
True. I can say 1 of the 10 PvP games on Memeplax and Lowpixel get spectated by a mod/admin

Reactions: Ping Ether

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Maybe that kid has abusive parents and comes to Cubecraft for an escape.
Plot Twist: The abusive parents come on the second time. As @DontYouDare said, if the hacker gets banned twice they don't get to appeal. Now they're gone forever because they have hateful parents. Also, I doubt parents would do that.

Maybe that kid is a lonely nerdy dork and his only friends are online
I doubt normal players would be friends with a hacker.
because I mistook lag for anti-knockback
There is a clear difference between lag and anti-KB. Everyone knows that.
used Labymod to frame his enemy and get him banned.
They would have a Nametag icon in front of their name.

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Plot Twist: The abusive parents come on the second time. As @DontYouDare said, if the hacker gets banned twice they don't get to appeal. Now they're gone forever because they have hateful parents. Also, I doubt parents would do that.

I doubt normal players would be friends with a hacker.

There is a clear difference between lag and anti-KB. Everyone knows that.

They would have a Nametag icon in front of their name.
Ok you clearly didn't understand what I said lol

Point is, we're not moving the punishment system back. Sorry! Locking this because there's no real point in continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom