Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
In my opinion, tutorial made most first time players begin placing archer after they completed the tutorial. Tutorial described all things about tower defense except all towers and all mobs, excluding archer and zombie, i mean it only makes you build an archer tower and send zombies in the tutorial mode. In towers, we need to describe and build each towers until you completed all towers. Example, "Mage can burn monsters near to it", "ice towers slow down enemies, it is useful" , "artillery is an aoe tower. It can be landmine (path 2) or stunning artillery (path 1), and other tower should be described. After that, the tutorial will make you place a tower asked by a chat tutor. Example, after explaining mage tower, you will place it, then mobs will spawn. This will continue until all towers are described and built. This will be the great influence to players playing this game as a beginner.

Tutorial mode should also describe each mobs instead of zombie. Each mobs should be described until its completed. Example, "spiders are fast and they are more durable than zombies". After that you will send monsters asked by the chat tutor. Example "now send spiders". This will continue until all monsters are described and sent.

Will this be a good idea?

Reactions: Manchot999

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
In my opinion, tutorial made most first time players begin placing archer after they completed the tutorial. Tutorial described all things about tower defense except all towers and all mobs, excluding archer and zombie, i mean it only makes you build an archer tower and send zombies in the tutorial mode. In towers, we need to describe and build each towers until you completed all towers. Example, "Mage can burn monsters near to it", "ice towers slow down enemies, it is useful" , "artillery is an aoe tower. It can be landmine (path 2) or stunning artillery (path 1), and other tower should be described. After that, the tutorial will make you place a tower asked by a chat tutor. Example, after explaining mage tower, you will place it, then mobs will spawn. This will continue until all towers are described and built. This will be the great influence to players playing this game as a beginner.

Tutorial mode should also describe each mobs instead of zombie. Each mobs should be described until its completed. Example, "spiders are fast and they are more durable than zombies". After that you will send monsters asked by the chat tutor. Example "now send spiders". This will continue until all monsters are described and sent.

Will this be a good idea?
In my opinion yes, but it should be only in an "advanced tutorial". Most people dont like gigantic walls of text or long tutorial. Perhaps when you click the bookshelf it brings up a GUI with the two tutorials.

I think the advanced tutorial should showcase maybe pigmen and spiders for offence, and ice and mage for defence. It should also teach you not to stack effect towers. The basic tutorial should also have a line or two about misplacing.

I do have to give a round of applause to the people who made the tutorial though, it's really great, those are just some additions which would make it even better. It really makes you want to play the game (until you join your first game and get quick start + hardcore silverfish rushed, that is).

Reactions: Dart monkey

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Maybe just an explanation of what each tower does that's more than just "Shoots lightning" or "Summons mobs to help you fight" or "Poisons Enemies", especially when the descriptions are hidden throughout the lobby.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
In my opinion yes, but it should be only in an "advanced tutorial". Most people dont like gigantic walls of text or long tutorial. Perhaps when you click the bookshelf it brings up a GUI with the two tutorials.

I think the advanced tutorial should showcase maybe pigmen and spiders for offence, and ice and mage for defence. It should also teach you not to stack effect towers. The basic tutorial should also have a line or two about misplacing.

I do have to give a round of applause to the people who made the tutorial though, it's really great, those are just some additions which would make it even better. It really makes you want to play the game (until you join your first game and get quick start + hardcore silverfish rushed, that is).
This ^

Structure it like this:

Current tutorial (introductory) -> tower tutorial -> mob tutorial -> advanced tutorial

Add more to the advanced tutorial. It should teach how to counter rush, commonly used mobs, and towers.

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
Maybe just an explanation of what each tower does that's more than just "Shoots lightning" or "Summons mobs to help you fight" or "Poisons Enemies", especially when the descriptions are hidden throughout the lobby.
i agree. but towers should show its effects on the training mode against mobs. Maybe its a tip after towers are explained and built.

Dart monkey

Aug 11, 2017
This ^

Structure it like this:

Current tutorial (introductory) -> tower tutorial -> mob tutorial -> advanced tutorial

Add more to the advanced tutorial. It should teach how to counter rush, commonly used mobs, and towers.

Sorry i forgot about that :D. Introduction, about towers, about monsters and advanced tutorials are very good for me. It should be added because it is good for the beginners. Maybe if you choose the tutorial, the chat will let you pick 4 tutorial modes.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
I think if you add the is the tutorial will be way too long and nobody will complete it. So instead there maybe should be a book where all those stuff is written in
Theory != practicality

Things that are described on paper can behave differently when actually used. For example, in theory knockback is good to keep people away. In practice, it's worse in one aspect in that it allows people to escape. A hands-on tutorial offers both the theory and application.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Well, most of the fun of TD is actually learning what's efficient and what isn't, so I believe a tutorial should mostly teach you how to not annoy other players in your team. The rest is something someone will tell you eventually or you would learn eventually. A tutorial saying "place turrets and send pigmen now go play" would ruin the whole game in my humble opinion.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday
Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
Top Bottom