Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

PocketSable

Feb 15, 2017
Today my teammate and I noticed something strange, while we were trying to get to the last team's egg, one of the players continuously killed themselves. And they always knew where we were, regardless of how hidden we were and without the use of a player tracker. We realized what they were doing was killing themselves, going into spectator to find out where we were and then telling their teammate. This is basically ghosting, which I thought wasn't allowed to begin with. PLEASE remove the ability to "spectate" or move around when respawning. It gives an unfair advantage and basically allows ghosting/flying midgame.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Hmm. Ghosting has been an issue when people were in calls or simply dead. I agree, make it impossible for players to fly around, and problems will be solved.

PocketSable

Feb 15, 2017
While I know ghosting happens when people are dead (I had to deal with a team that killed themselves so they could ghost for another team today as well) at least it means the team member is dead and thus, you have the upper hand. Whereas in this case, people simply have infinite lives to keep ghosting while still playing the game.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
Ghosting is not a reportable offense. It would be impossible to know if someone was ghosting due to discord/Skype calls, /msg, or party chat. I would prefer that the respawn timer spectator mode would be blinded or something to keep them from learning things they wouldn't have known otherwise. Just the other day, I was playing and died. While I was respawning, i saw that another team had built to out base. I was able to respawn and save the egg just because of the respawn mode. That should not be the case and is really unfair. +86

Reactions: AboodPlayz

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Well, Ghosting is a punishable offence, So I think you can report people for Ghosting :/
You never could report someone for ghosting and you still can't.

It's possible to disable movement while in spectator mode for one specific player. It's a bit tricky. But I'm sure they can come up with something.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Today my teammate and I noticed something strange, while we were trying to get to the last team's egg, one of the players continuously killed themselves. And they always knew where we were, regardless of how hidden we were and without the use of a player tracker. We realized what they were doing was killing themselves, going into spectator to find out where we were and then telling their teammate. This is basically ghosting, which I thought wasn't allowed to begin with. PLEASE remove the ability to "spectate" or move around when respawning. It gives an unfair advantage and basically allows ghosting/flying midgame.
You can't really do a whole lot in 3 seconds.
I mean you gotta find something and "try" to spectate around in 3 seconds.
I don't think removing the spectate feature after you died is neccasary.

PocketSable

Feb 15, 2017
You can't really do a whole lot in 3 seconds.
I mean you gotta find something and "try" to spectate around in 3 seconds.
I don't think removing the spectate feature after you died is neccasary.

But then, what is the reason to KEEP the ability to spectate? There is absolutely no reason to keep it either. And it's easy to click on the player's icon in the item toolbar and see where they are.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
yeah, this is annoying but in order for the plan to work it means one player has to be constantly killing themselves. This leaves when with zero gear and they will be stuck to their island. Making them a much easier target later. I don't see any need to fix this, just my opinion.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I 100% agree. I hate when people ghost since it shows you things someone else might not see. Maybe just give them a black screen until the timer runs out.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
yeah, this is annoying but in order for the plan to work it means one player has to be constantly killing themselves. This leaves when with zero gear and they will be stuck to their island. Making them a much easier target later. I don't see any need to fix this, just my opinion.

But if they have a team mate, or gear laying nearby, it would work o-o.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
But if they have a team mate, or gear laying nearby, it would work o-o.
It could, but that seems unlikely. plus that would only be a problem if you are at their island. If the are ghosting while you are at another island they still have to keep jumping off the edge every three seconds making them a lot more easy to deal with

ChasingRainbows

Jun 16, 2016
Florida
But the player who does is constantly killing themselves and is out of the battle ... even if they have gear in a chest they have to go to the chest, take the gear out, and put on the armor and get everything into their hotbar before they can actually fight you, all for 3 seconds of flying. It isn't exactly OP because 1) player trackers exist anyway and 2)three seconds of flying around isn't really worth going through all that unless you do it over and over, which means they're dead over and over so they can't actually fight you.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom