Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herausgefunden

Novice Member
Aug 9, 2020
Germany
But how do you feel about this? Please share your opinion!
Hey there! I don't know why I just found this thread yet, but I totally agree with it! :)
I'm often asked by players who don't like me, if I am a famous youtuber or either dream. (Most of them are just mad because they got reported through me :monkeylookaway:) anyhow, that should be a punishable thing in my opinion!
I agree too, this shouldn't be allowed at all. I had always thought this was punishable.
Same for me, I really hope that this suggestion gets implemented!

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Wait now that this may get implemented, what if I faked a screenshot and get some people false punished?

Omg this actually opens a new gate to a new trolling technique.
If you fake an ss you can get perm banned c:

1.10 - Submitting falsified evidence Submitting falsified evidence on the reports site will result in a permanent ban from our server and reports platform. We are going to be extremely strict with this type of behaviour.
Hiding labymod features to get your report accepted and submitting old or duplicated evidence can result in a ban from the reports site.

ruin a whole server or someone's life.
You are confusing troll with grieffing.
Trolling is "funny" when you troll someone, but when someone trolls you isn't "funny"...

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD

GiGaGekkies

Forum Expert
Dec 22, 2019
The Future
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Uhmmm, why would you bump a forwarded thread? 👀 .

I really like this suggestion and I don't know why this isn't thing yet. However, I'm sure staff-members don't punish for this, since he basicly asked for it (if you see his message in the screenshot he reported ofcourse). Great suggestion, keep up the good work!

Apr 15, 2020
If I am correct this is already a thing. If not it should be.
For example you and someone are having an arguement and you lure him out or you insult him what makes him really angry and then the second one only get's punished.

• Agree

StepBrah

Nov 28, 2021
Alabama
I
Hello people on Cubecraft! Today I'd like to suggest a new rule, which would make tricking other players into breaking the rules punishable.

I believe such rule is needed because some people are doing this in order to farm infinite reports and get innocent players punished (as it's more likely that not that they wouldn't have broken the rules if they hadn't been tricked into it). One such example can be found in this image:

View attachment 203801

What you can see is a player asking "Is anyone here Dream", which is obviously an attempt to trick someone into saying "im dream" so that they can report them (or so that someone breaks the rules, at the very least). If that player really wanted to know whether Dream was there, they could've pressed TAB and searched for his username, which they hadn't, since they had sent that message in chat. Another thing to point out is that they had also sent another message - "No reports, sad", which is without doubt proof that they didn't care about Dream being there and only wanted to trick someone into breaking the rules.

Such behaviour shouldn't be tolerated, as it only leads to players who would normally not break the rules break them and get punished. In the scenario above, it wouldn't be hard to imagine how a much less experienced player could've thought that it'd be funny to reply "im dream" as a joke, without intending to break the rules, would it?

Of course, all players should know the rules and not fall for such tricks (as the players in the image did), but some are just not as experienced and can easily become victims to people abusing this type of tricks, which is definitely not okay.

But how do you feel about this? Please share your opinion!
100% agree

• Agree
Reactions: iTBD and Matriox

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
I am pretty sure this would usually fall under trolling, but with the given example I don't agree that it should be punishable as (in other cases ofc) this could be an actual question, and the people who do say they are dream (and aren't) clearly know they aren't dream and are trying to troll themselves.

It may be baiting someone into breaking the rules, but not knowing the rules doesn't make the rules not apply to you.

• Disagree

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I am pretty sure this would usually fall under trolling, but with the given example I don't agree that it should be punishable as (in other cases ofc) this could be an actual question, and the people who do say they are dream (and aren't) clearly know they aren't dream and are trying to troll themselves.

It may be baiting someone into breaking the rules, but not knowing the rules doesn't make the rules not apply to you.
Well it clearly doesn't fall under trolling, as when it was asked in staff-help staff said it's allowed. Also you mention that in other cases it could be an actual question, but I just can't see that happen, maybe you can give an example? And as I said in the thread, such questions are quite likely to make people say they are dream as a joke, even without intending it as a troll. And as mentioned in the thread, players should indeed know the rules and not fall for these tricks, but not all players are experienced enough and they could become victims to whoever abuses these tricky questions.

• Disagree
Reactions: Landon AWESOME9

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Also you mention that in other cases it could be an actual question, but I just can't see that happen, maybe you can give an example?
Anyone can be asking if someone is in their lobby, it doesn't have to be someone known or anything, and if someone does respond saying it's them (and it's not) then they are impersonating that person.

And as I said in the thread, such questions are quite likely to make people say they are dream as a joke, even without intending it as a troll. And as mentioned in the thread, players should indeed know the rules and not fall for these tricks, but not all players are experienced enough and they could become victims to whoever abuses these tricky questions.
As said, being oblivious to the rules doesn't make anyone an exemption. These players are impersonating with the intent to troll, no one says they're dream or anyone else without trying to troll someone.

This example is also only a warning, so I'd doubt anyone actually gets muted for this.

• Disagree

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Anyone can be asking if someone is in their lobby, it doesn't have to be someone known or anything, and if someone does respond saying it's them (and it's not) then they are impersonating that person.
Of course they can, but the question for that is "Is Dream here?" or a slightly misspelled version of that, while in the example I had given the question was "Is anyone here Dream?", which, supported by the message sent a bit later, confirms that the player asking never really cared about Dream being there and only wanted to make someone break the rules so that they can farm infinite reports.
As said, being oblivious to the rules doesn't make anyone an exemption. These players are impersonating with the intent to troll, no one says they're dream or anyone else without trying to troll someone.

This example is also only a warning, so I'd doubt anyone actually gets muted for this.
Well yes, but as mentioned in the thread, it is these questions that could make players impersonate Dream. Do you really think anyone would say "ye Im dream" without having been asked?

And I really don't understand how the example is a warning, considering it isn't even against the rules as of now and therefore there isn't an official punishment track for doing it?

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Of course they can, but the question for that is "Is Dream here?" or a slightly misspelled version of that, while in the example I had given the question was "Is anyone here Dream?", which, supported by the message sent a bit later, confirms that the player asking never really cared about Dream being there and only wanted to make someone break the rules so that they can farm infinite reports.
I specifically said in other cases, as this guy was obviously trying to get a report. Even if someone asked the question to invoke players, impulse control exists, which again goes back to the fact that not knowing the rules doesn't make anyone exempt.

Well yes, but as mentioned in the thread, it is these questions that could make players impersonate Dream. Do you really think anyone would say "ye Im dream" without having been asked?
I have had multiple reports of players who claimed to be dream's alt without any previous chat at all. So No, I don't really "think" anyone would, I know they would.

And I really don't understand how the example is a warning, considering it isn't even against the rules as of now and therefore there isn't an official punishment track for doing it?
This is referring to the punishment track for impersonation which is only a warning, I brought this up because it would mean that the players who do break the impersonation rule, by bait or not, would likely never do it again.

It really seems to just be common sense not to say you're someone who you aren't, and "not all players have common sense" really isn't a reason to change the rules.

• Disagree

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I specifically said in other cases, as this guy was obviously trying to get a report. Even if someone asked the question to invoke players, impulse control exists, which again goes back to the fact that not knowing the rules doesn't make anyone exempt.
I never said not knowing the rules exempts you? I do agree that you should control yourself and not fall for these tricks, but not everyone is experienced enough to do that; and there's nothing wrong with that, as everyone starts from there. But why should you take advantage of these players to farm infinite reports? It just doesn't look right to me and over 50 other Cubecrafters.
I have had multiple reports of players who claimed to be dream's alt without any previous chat at all. So No, I don't really "think" anyone would, I know they would.
These two aren't the same thing, though. Claiming to be dream's alt without any context is indeed not allowed, but saying "ye im dream" without having been asked in advance seems very unlikely, as it is a reply to a question which supposedly never happened, which would then make no sense whatsoever. Therefore, if someone got punished for saying "ye im dream", it's more likely than not that they wouldn't have said it on their own, but had rather been tricked by someone else, which is not right imo.
This is referring to the punishment track for impersonation which is only a warning, I brought this up because it would mean that the players who do break the impersonation rule, by bait or not, would likely never do it again.

It really seems to just be common sense not to say you're someone who you aren't, and "not all players have common sense" really isn't a reason to change the rules.
Oh I see now, but do you really think players who got tricked and punished would magically stop falling for these tricks? Some might, but I doubt that'd be the case for everyone, as there are multiple ways of rewording the tricky questions, not to mention that this is only for impersonation, I'm sure some great report grinders masterminds will have figured out multiple ways of using tricks to make players break other rules as well. So even if someone doesn't fall for "Is anyone here Dream?" a second time, they could fall for "Who's Dream? Are you Dream?" or "Say "im dream" if you're Dream".
Of course it is common sense, but what about tricking others into breaking the rules? Shouldn't common sense also prevent players from doing that? The truth is that common sense isn't always enough, which is why the rules are here in the first place, and why I suggested adding a new rule to prevent this from happening.

AlexTheNG

May 28, 2020
OwO's Secret Laboratory
youtu.be
I never said not knowing the rules exempts you? I do agree that you should control yourself and not fall for these tricks, but not everyone is experienced enough to do that; and there's nothing wrong with that, as everyone starts from there. But why should you take advantage of these players to farm infinite reports? It just doesn't look right to me and over 50 other Cubecrafters.

These two aren't the same thing, though. Claiming to be dream's alt without any context is indeed not allowed, but saying "ye im dream" without having been asked in advance seems very unlikely, as it is a reply to a question which supposedly never happened, which would then make no sense whatsoever. Therefore, if someone got punished for saying "ye im dream", it's more likely than not that they wouldn't have said it on their own, but had rather been tricked by someone else, which is not right imo.

Oh I see now, but do you really think players who got tricked and punished would magically stop falling for these tricks? Some might, but I doubt that'd be the case for everyone, as there are multiple ways of rewording the tricky questions, not to mention that this is only for impersonation, I'm sure some great report grinders masterminds will have figured out multiple ways of using tricks to make players break other rules as well. So even if someone doesn't fall for "Is anyone here Dream?" a second time, they could fall for "Who's Dream? Are you Dream?" or "Say "im dream" if you're Dream".
Of course it is common sense, but what about tricking others into breaking the rules? Shouldn't common sense also prevent players from doing that? The truth is that common sense isn't always enough, which is why the rules are here in the first place, and why I suggested adding a new rule to prevent this from happening.
This just proves that most CubeCraft players have an IQ of 0 or lower.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Well if common sense is a reason to not add rules, why not remove them all? Ppl with common sense don’t swear in games, don’t threaten people, don’t hack, and just basically don’t break rules

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aratic wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
888CE285-5E28-4694-ABEA-3BABCFA6FDE4.jpeg

I’m slowly going to take over all the polarbears, jimothy is first and he is my TeamReach pfp, you won’t be able to stop me :)
UncleSpect wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Top Bottom