Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Towerdefence - Hardcore Mode, remove because of abuse?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
upload_2017-9-9_8-19-9.png

violation of voting by kouta1234. Several players said they didn't want to, YET this hardcore mode was forced.

Reactions: Manchot999

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
Donate then or stop making these posts

If you actually think that I or anyone will donate to prevent hardcore mode from happening by abusing donators then I suggest to check your brain for braindamage. It's an abuse of an exploit that shouldn't be there in the first place. Paying to 'not to get punnished' is the world on its head.
It is understandable that donators should get something 'extra'. However non-donators shouldn't be the once punnished for not donating. That's not how this system (mostly) works and also not how it's suppose to work.
The non-voters are by far in greater numbers and also the majority who can promote or decline cubecraft (if they happen to screw up).

Damian_

Apr 9, 2017
The Nether
So voting normal and half health on speed eggwars is abusing too? Thats fast wins.... Your just crying because you cant win.

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
So voting normal and half health on speed eggwars is abusing too? Thats fast wins.... Your just crying because you cant win.

1056 games;... 776 wins. Don't talk to me about 'winning' mate.
I dont know about eggwars, I dont play it. But this goes behond fast wins. This is a race for the finnish while it suppose to be TOWER DEFENCE.
No one wants it except donators who solidly use it for fast game wins for their own statics. The rest has to suffer for it.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
Guys stop crying its just a gamemode and if you dont like it vote normal!!!
You dont seem to understand,this is not a vote its an exploit.To explain why this is an exploit,it gives the voter points and wins without any effort.As an obsidian ranker I never vote for Hardcore because it ruins the gameplay for the other players. @hub3rt can you look at this please.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Here are some more abusers for your viewing pleasure. I forgot to press TAB but HurmitCurtis was also in the list. I feel it's our duty to waste as much as possible of their time. I have been following obsidians in games with the sole aim of learning how to counter the rush, and also to witness their reaction when I did. I uploaded a thread about it which I will repost here :

Manchot999 said:
Here is a way to counter it (no experienced team required) :

1. Build a mage and an ice near the middle of the map, and another mage and ice near the end of the map (don't be afraid to build them on the 5x5 spots, you want the best spots)

2. While the end towers are building go back to the middle ones and upgrade both of them up to 2.

3. Send 8 zombies (shift-left click once then right-click 4 times, really quickly)

4. Circle back and forth between both towers. Stop when both towers in the middle are level 3 and both towers near the end are level 4. (On some maps like Portals you might need an extra level 2 or 3 archer (path 1) built near your level 4 ice tower).

5. Once you have enough EXP, send 2 or 3 waves of level 1 pigmen. If you have enough EXP but not enough coins, send as much as you can, you only have to wait 3 seconds between each wave anyways.

6. Enjoy sweet revenge.

Credit to HurmitCurtis for this strategy.

This works most of the time against 1 or 2 obsidians. If there are more and they know this strategy, you might have some problems. I've seen sometimes a team build a level 3 turret with quake and ice to take out the pigmen, but it's a really rare occurence.

Keep in mind : Not everyone on your team is helpless! (I hope so at least). If they built an archer already, use that to your advantage! Don't worry about stacking, you need to win fast before the enemy does.

The best map to do this on is Barren, and the worst is Portals. Nature is pretty good too.

Knowing the enemy is half the battle. Staff has removed EXP costs on flying mobs, but I don't know what they were thinking since it doesn't solve the issue at all.

2017-09-03_10.17.50.png

Reactions: Glaucus7

xDarkDiamond

Sep 9, 2017
I would completely agree with the idea that the exploit should be removed, but as there has been no real statement saying if this sort of thing is allowed or not allowed, (as far as I know) it is a bit overboard to punish donators for breaking a rule that has never really been stated.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
I would completely agree with the idea that the exploit should be removed, but as there has been no real statement saying if this sort of thing is allowed or not allowed, (as far as I know) it is a bit overboard to punish donators for breaking a rule that has never really been stated.
It's an unintended bug which is getting abused to gain an unfair advantage at the expense of other players.

Exploiting is bannable for 1 week, then 1 month, then permanently.

A

A pigeon

If you do not understand the situation then do not comment. You have no idea of the severity of abuse of hardcore by obsidian ranks.

Nobody is going to donate just so that they can counter vote. Do your research before you make yourself look foolish. Just my advice.

xDarkDiamond

Sep 9, 2017
True, but can it really be considered exploiting if the cubecraft staff havent actively said anything about it to any of the donators about this bug? And Ive been more then able to get a couple good games of TD, ive just noticed the occasional one is messed up.

My opinion is that if the cubecraft staff want this gone, they should give at least some prior warning before throwing out bans. Expoit or not, if at least some doners (dumb ones or not) dont realize or think of it as an exploit...

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
If you do not understand the situation then do not comment. You have no idea of the severity of abuse of hardcore by obsidian ranks.

Nobody is going to donate just so that they can counter vote. Do your research before you make yourself look foolish. Just my advice.
They understand the situation perfectly, they are one of the obsidian rushers.
True, but can it really be considered exploiting if the cubecraft staff havent actively said anything about it to any of the donators about this bug? And Ive been more then able to get a couple good games of TD, ive just noticed the occasional one is messed up.

My opinion is that if the cubecraft staff want this gone, they should give at least some prior warning before throwing out bans. Expoit or not, if at least some donatators (dumb ones or not) dont realize or think of it as an exploit...
True. They need in fact to give warnings before banning for exploiting. That will be at the discretion of the staff, but I feel as if they do not care. (Sure, they removed EXP costs on silverfish but that doesn't change anything).

The exploit does not occur all the time but it's toxic when it does.

A

A pigeon

It is abuse. However exploiting a loophole isn't an offense . Exploiting glitches? Yes , but not oversights.

Instead of punishing , they should remove silverfish on HC for the time being ; until they come up with a permanant solution.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
It is abuse. However exploiting a loophole isn't an offense . Exploiting glitches? Yes , but not oversights.

Instead of punishing , they should remove silverfish on HC for the time being ; until they come up with a permanant solution.
Pigmen though... If you don't receive silverfish, you will be sent pigmen, which are just as bad. With Quick Start you only need 50 more EXP which you receive by sending 8 zombies.

xDarkDiamond

Sep 9, 2017
AND IM READING THESE COMMENTS WHILE I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS HAPPENING
please someone explain i'm just a guy that's not catching up with whats happening
Basically, donators with obsidian rank are forcing the games to be hardcore against the general will of the players in order to quickly win by spamming various monsters before towers can be built to stop said monsters, therby quickly and easily flying up the leaderboards, and ruining games for other players.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
AND IM READING THESE COMMENTS WHILE I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS HAPPENING
please someone explain i'm just a guy that's not catching up with whats happening
Since the Colossal TD update, new voting options were added. One of them, named Hardcore, makes it so towers take time to build themselves, mobs have 150% their health, no castle guards, reduced castle health and some other unimportant things. Only Obsidians can vote for it.

However, it was found out that when you combine it with quick start, it grants a powerful synergy which allows you to send silverfish 5 seconds in when game starts (no grace period in hardcore). This is completely impossible to defend against if you don't use very specific tactics involving mages (I've described one in my post above with the screenshot). Since the Obsidians can win every 2 minutes or so, this grants insane point grinding and win farming to premium users. 3 out of 5 players on the leaderboard did this (the other 2 quit), and more and more are rising.

Stop this exploit before TD dies.

Hoebelpro

Novice Member
Jun 26, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
Since the Colossal TD update, new voting options were added. One of them, named Hardcore, makes it so towers take time to build themselves, mobs have 150% their health, no castle guards, reduced castle health and some other unimportant things. Only Obsidians can vote for it.

However, it was found out that when you combine it with quick start, it grants a powerful synergy which allows you to send silverfish 5 seconds in when game starts (no grace period in hardcore). This is completely impossible to defend against if you don't use very specific tactics involving mages (I've described one in my post above with the screenshot). Since the Obsidians can win every 2 minutes or so, this grants insane point grinding and win farming to premium users. 3 out of 5 players on the leaderboard did this (the other 2 quit), and more and more are rising.

Stop this exploit before TD dies.
lol thx

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Mivke's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
new prefix dropped🔥🔥
IMG_9015.jpeg
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom