Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of this idea?

• Do you think this game would make a good addition to cubecraft?

• Would you like to see my edit this thread to add more detail and maybe clear up any questions?

• Do you think this idea should just not be used. (explanation as to why would be useful.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
Basic Synopsis
Tower climb would be a tournament heavy PvP based game where you would be thrown into a battle arena many stories high. The goal is to survive through all your opponents and claim victory at the top.

How To Win
In order to win you will need to defeat all opponents on each stage. (I will be explaining this game as a solo idea but it could be easily converted into a team experience.) Each map will be a different tower with each PvP floor varying to slightly.

The Combat
The normal number of players per game will consist of 12. On the first floor there would be four fights each in different rooms. Each room would have three players. Once only one player remains in a room they would be transferred to a privet equipping room where they could use point so buy gear for the next battle. (More about shops, trading, and items later.) The next floor would be two fights each in their separate room. Each fight would be a 1v1. The Victory of that fight would go back to the "Equip Room" and than taken to the final fight, a 1v1. (chart provided below for better picture.)
0YoafLa.png

At the start of each game you are provided with full leather armor besides the chestplate which is chain, a bow with two arrows, and a stone sword.

Points And Equip Rooms
At the end of each floor you will receive tower points that can be used to buy items for the next fight and so on. HOWEVER each game your tower points will reset so that each player has an equal chance each fight. You will earn more tower points at the end of each fight depending on a few factors. 1. How fast you cleared the room, the quicker the time, the more points. 2. How much damage you did on that floor, more damage, more tower points. 3. How much damage you took, you take less damage, you gain more points. 4. How many kills you got that game. Each kill would give you a set amount of points. So if you were to come in and kill steal than you would gain some points but not as many because you don't get the points from dealing damage. I think that this would also have people less likely to wait for clean up, making it much more of a fight rather than someone waiting in the shadows while the other two duke it out. The shop vendor would be similar to the ones found in EggWars. You only have limited time inside of the equip room. As soon as you have finished your fight in the previous floor you are moved to the shop. This allows you extra motive to finish first, for the extra points and more buy time. As soon as all alive players are in their equip rooms a timer will start. if it is your first visit to the equip room you would have 45 seconds. however on second visit you only get 30 seconds. To make the fights more interesting and unique not only can you buy gear, but you may also buy enchants, similar to how you do in when making a custom PvP kit, but you can never go above a level two enchant, and you may not buy infinity.

Stats
I think the statistics board for this game would consist of quite a few features. They are listed below
-Wins
-Kills
-Deaths
-Games Played
-Floors Climbed
-Tower Points Earned
-Time played

Kits
Honestly I think this game would be better off without kits, it would provide a more balanced play. This is meant to be a very skill based game, however if you would like me to add kits feel free to say so.

Example Samples
Disclaimer: I am not claiming I am a good builder, in fact I know I'm awful. Below is a YouTube video of an example tower I just build, and some pictures of a possible equip room. If you feel like making a tower just for the fun of it, feel free to send a video or screenshots. It could be fun to see <3
[
1ThBCap.png
AmCYqp1.png
fD9WJNo.png
KphnECh.png
]

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Basic Synopsis
Tower climb would be a tournament heavy PvP based game where you would be thrown into a battle arena many stories high. The goal is to survive through all your opponents and claim victory at the top.

How To Win
In order to win you will need to defeat all opponents on each stage. (I will be explaining this game as a solo idea but it could be easily converted into a team experience.) Each map will be a different tower with each PvP floor varying to slightly.

The Combat
The normal number of players per game will consist of 12. On the first floor there would be four fights each in different rooms. Each room would have three players. Once only one player remains in a room they would be transferred to a privet equipping room where they could use point so buy gear for the next battle. (More about shops, trading, and items later.) The next floor would be two fights each in their separate room. Each fight would be a 1v1. The Victory of that fight would go back to the "Equip Room" and than taken to the final fight, a 1v1. (chart provided below for better picture.)
0YoafLa.png

At the start of each game you are provided with full leather armor besides the chestplate which is chain, a bow with two arrows, and a stone sword.

Points And Equip Rooms
At the end of each floor you will receive tower points that can be used to buy items for the next fight and so on. HOWEVER each game your tower points will reset so that each player has an equal chance each fight. You will earn more tower points at the end of each fight depending on a few factors. 1. How fast you cleared the room, the quicker the time, the more points. 2. How much damage you did on that floor, more damage, more tower points. 3. How much damage you took, you take less damage, you gain more points. 4. How many kills you got that game. Each kill would give you a set amount of points. So if you were to come in and kill steal than you would gain some points but not as many because you don't get the points from dealing damage. I think that this would also have people less likely to wait for clean up, making it much more of a fight rather than someone waiting in the shadows while the other two duke it out. The shop vendor would be similar to the ones found in EggWars. You only have limited time inside of the equip room. As soon as you have finished your fight in the previous floor you are moved to the shop. This allows you extra motive to finish first, for the extra points and more buy time. As soon as all alive players are in their equip rooms a timer will start. if it is your first visit to the equip room you would have 45 seconds. however on second visit you only get 30 seconds. To make the fights more interesting and unique not only can you buy gear, but you may also buy enchants, similar to how you do in when making a custom PvP kit, but you can never go above a level two enchant, and you may not buy infinity.

Stats
I think the statistics board for this game would consist of quite a few features. They are listed below
-Wins
-Kills
-Deaths
-Games Played
-Floors Climbed
-Tower Points Earned
-Time played

Kits
Honestly I think this game would be better off without kits, it would provide a more balanced play. This is meant to be a very skill based game, however if you would like me to add kits feel free to say so.

Example Samples
Disclaimer: I am not claiming I am a good builder, in fact I know I'm awful. Below is a YouTube video of an example tower I just build, and some pictures of a possible equip room. If you feel like making a tower just for the fun of it, feel free to send a video or screenshots. It could be fun to see <3
[
1ThBCap.png
AmCYqp1.png
fD9WJNo.png
KphnECh.png
]

I think this would be a awesome game
(Maybe add this as a new mode for Tower Defence?)
;)

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
@The13thDoctor @MimicPanda
What no. The only thing it shares with tower defence is that it shares the word tower. This is about fighting you way to the top, no tower, no summoning troops just PvP, if anything it's more like duels.
I know its not tower defence,I said this would fit better in ffa :P
But they are not defending a tower this is players fighting each other to see who gets to the top,this would be better in ffa. :p

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
I think this could be a good idea, I think that instead of making it it's own game thought that there could be a PVP update and have this be added to the PVP section and I really like the idea because CubeCraft doesn't have any tournament style games as far as I am aware so this could be a really cool idea.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Sounds interesting, but I don't think it would survive as a minigame to be honest.
This is essentially the gladiators minigame but then with purchasable gear.

There's a few problems with the current system:
-Why would players care about cleaning up or not? If they advance, they can easily just get more T-points from the next battle
-Since there's going to be cleaners, the better players are probably going to end up dying to them while the less-skilled players make it to the next round and (most likely) making it an easy fight for the other person.
-If you fought complete "plebs" in the first floor, you'd have a serious gear advantage if your neighbors all were equally skilled since you'd have the most points.
-Why purchasable gear in the first place? It's great and all, but it kind of makes some fights almost impossible to do
-There's no "depth" in the gamemode, meaning that it'll almost always be played the same way. It's basically duels, but long and tedious.
-What if players 1, 2 and 3 are fighting, and 4 5 and 6 already finished? Would the victor of 456 have to wait till 123 is done? Couldn't that lead to annoyingly long games?

I don't think this would survive as a gamemode with the system you've pointed out in the main thread.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
First when I saw the name of this thread I thought it would be something like Minerware.
Players will have to perform tasks to get to the next floor.
Such as parkour, crafting certain items, finishing certain puzzles, defeat x amount of mobs, etc.
The first one whom finishes all those tasks and gets to the top wins.

But your idea reminds me very much of Heavens Arena. It also reminds me of the Gladiator game in Mineplex.
There is one thing I would like to change though, the fact that the first match is a 3 player battle royal. No thanks.
One will certainly try to hide so he can clean afterwards. Change it to a duel instead.

I would also like unique floors every game. So that the game doesn't become too repetitive.
Examples:
  • Floors with zombies or other mobs.
  • Floors where player stand on a floating platform with under them lava.
  • Floors with Lava pits and Parkours.
  • Floors with Traps or Pressure Plates.
  • Floors where players are not allowed to use certain weapons (No Swords/No Axes/No Bows/etc.).
  • Floors where players are only allowed to use specific weapons (Only Swords/Only Bows/Only Axes/etc.).
  • Floors with flying projectiles.
  • Floors where players get Speed 1 or 2.
  • Etc.
Not only that but I think that the duelers in every floor should have the same amount of points before they fight. The higher you get the higher your budget becomes for the next match.

Reactions: Gainfullterror
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Is the status same as the profile post I am kinda noon at this forums stuff
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday
Mintypie231 wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!!🍰🥳
This is YOUR daily doe of facts #57-
The shortest war in recorded history took place between Britain and the Sultanate of Zanzibar on August 27, 1896. It lasted just 38 minutes.
insane forceshadowing.PNG

Proof I can predict the future~
i thought 1.21 was the trails and tales update wtf i'm so out of the loop
Top Bottom