Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamos

Sep 19, 2016
Hey all! Want to know some basic Tower Defense tips?

My name is Paul, IGN llamositopia and I play quite a bit of Tower Defense. I'd like to spend some time now sharing what I have noticed as some of the most common beginner mistakes. This list of tips is not exhaustive, and it is also aimed at players who play casually, or are new to the game. As such, if you play a lot, you might find this boring, feel free to read the subtitles only. Now then, on to the actual tips!

1. Proper Alignment
This one is pretty simple, but make sure you place your towers in positions that allow the most number of towers to go down around them as well. For most towers, this means placing them 2 blocks away from the tower beside them and 2 blocks from the edge.
FrontRow.png

2. Artillery Front Row
As a general rule, your front row of towers should be Artillery Towers. They have a short range, and the towers you will place behind them (ice, mage, etc) can easily reach over them. This will ensure that you can output the maximum damage for the lowest cost with your towers, and can mean the difference between a giant getting through and it dying in the first two bends.
TooClose.png

3. Don't Flood Mage

Mage towers are great. They deal a lot of damage for their relatively low cost and, they can see cave spiders, as well as hit floating targets! What's not to love? The thing I see a lot of players do is overplace Mage towers. Mage tower damage does not stack, so if you have another tower too close, it will be wasting damage that could have been drawn out by the previous tower. These are too close:
Something.png

4. Upgrade Gold Income
In the Castle Bazaar is the option to increase your gold income per second. This costs XP but can be absolutely worth it in the long run. In order to get that XP, read the next point. Once you have excess gold from your new income, you can place new towers, or save up for that 6000 of a giant, or even start spawning faster XP monsters like cave spiders and zombie pigmen.

5. Send Zombies

The easiest and most consistent path to victory is a giant (bonus if multiple) following or leading the wither during the apocalypse. This means that you need XP and lots of it. You'll need to upgrade gold income, and have enough XP to purchase the giant upgrade. As soon as possible, and every 12 seconds, you need to send 12 zombies, all game. Sending zombies grants the most XP/gold.

Reactions: Steyro

Clooki

Oct 17, 2016
These tips are very useful for those who have just started this game. Good post! Keep helping the community!

N

Nikboo

These tips are very useful for those who have just started this game. Good post! Keep helping the community!

Please do not necropost on threads which haven't been replied to within two weeks as it is against the rules.

@UnRealiized Look at the date that the person necroposted on. The thread was already lost in time and by replying, you just brought it back to the top. No need to do so :p.

~ Locked

Reactions: QuikMiner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Helloooo, no way the number one fact daily person are online!:D
299 more to 2 000... That is cool xD
ImLeave wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats again :)
ImLeave wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats!!!!
Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
hi pookie :3
Top Bottom