Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Overall, I find Tower Defense to be a rather fun time and it seems to be a great game that would work well in a singleplayer experience. Perhaps there could be a CPU to "simulate" the opponent's team which basically periodically places towers and sends mobs. Tower Defense is a rather simple yet strategic game, where basically its core concept is to not get your castle obliterated by an opponent's mobs by sending mobs their way and placing an assortment of towers, and it wouldn't require the CPU to be too overly complicated, as it basically just needs to place towers, upgrade towers/mobs, and then send mobs.

Or, it could be just yourself, where mobs are automatically sent wave after wave (kind of like the "wave" mode that's already implemented in the game) and you just need to try and defend your castle as long as possible. I personally might prefer the first option, but both options would be pretty good to have.

An added benefit of having singleplayer TD (from now on, I'll probably just refer to Tower Defense as TD) would be possibly a way to introduce some sort of practice mode, where you, as the player, would have a bit more control over how mobs are sent, income, etc. I think it might be interesting to give the player the option to either do "Standard Mode" or "Strategy Mode", where basically standard means you don't have unlimited coins/xp and play the game normally (except you still can change the income interval, what mobs are spawned, etc.), and strategy means you get unlimited coins/xp and you can build towers to your heart's content (basically a way to easily test out strategies and maybe come up with new ones).

I haven't exactly explicitly talked about what options players might have in practice mode, so I propose giving the player these options:

- Ability to change coin interval (1.0x, 2.0x, 0.5x, etc.)
- Ability to change armageddon mode (just for testing, this isn't an actual TD game)
- Infinite coins/xp (strategy-mode only)
- Ability to summon any mobs on both sides (no exp increase, however)
- Instant armageddon (basically a way to instantly start armageddon and be able to strategize for each situation)

Now, in terms of towers, I feel like you probably would still need to purchase the point upgrades for each tower in order to actually use them (so you can't just use practice mode to use all of the tower upgrades, but it would be interesting to have access to these just for practice)

Of course, since practice mode is for, well, practicing, you won't gain any server xp (possibly) or points. You would probably be able to exit the game anytime, via a command or GUI or something. Additionally, it might be interesting to also be able to see advanced stats about what's currently occurring (might be redundant/hard to do, though)

Practice mode could probably be a subset of a general "singleplayer mode", and the first mode I talked about could be called "challenge mode" or something along those lines.

Due to the fact that you can't get points from practice mode, all boosters probably wouldn't apply to practice mode, but possibly challenge mode.

Completely sidetracking off the whole idea of "singleplayer", maybe these two modes could work with multiple people too, and they could just be listed under "Extra Modes" or just listed alongside regular TD. However, the other players wouldn't go on separate teams, they would stay as a team and would either face a CPU or fend off against waves of mobs.

TL;DR, (seriously, I made this way too long)

It would be interesting to have multiple Tower Defense modes oriented around strategizing/practicing and singleplayer, to give a bit more variety to TD as a whole. Being able to strategize is important, because, well, TD is all about having a core strategy and being able to outsmart your opponent.

luv!

Apr 13, 2020
Toronto, Ontario.
A practice mode would be perfect; especially for a game like Tower Defence where strategy is key! This would also be a nice way to get new players interested in these types of games that aren't PVP oriented. This can also allow players to play Tower defence while they're waiting for friends! I love this idea!

cisean

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2020
I think this would be a great Idea, to help new players learn and also help players figure out strategies!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Hoshi wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday Egg!! 🎉
Reesle wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday 🥚
hey

if you dont find me playing cubecraft often then dont be surprised
obviously this doesnt mean that im quitting im just like drifting away since ive started to enjoy and play games other than minecraft so what im trying to say is
im not going to be as active ingame but i will be on the forumds
Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Top Bottom