Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What troops need to change?

• Total voters

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Some troops and towers are totaly worthless and need to be buffed (or removed).

Useless troops:
-Creeper
, fails miserably the utility of tank, skeletons are way better
-Silverfish/endermite, too expensive for early game, too weak for mid/late game
-Pigmen, Is just an expensive zombie with a bit higher stats, slimes, skeletons and flying troops also become inmune to fire
-Gigant, only usefull when every single tower is a maxed one and you need the strongest thing, but this thing is slow, expensive (very expensive) and summoning zombies is a joke, zombies are oneshoted at the point when you can send a gigant
Useless owers:
-Leacher
, the game acts like if this tower were amazing but, its not, its definetly not, the damage is not that bad, but the beam it summons deal almost o damage and take a long time to charge and you can have only one
-Poison: the damage of this tower just dont exist, you will never feel this is efective, in both paths it sucks, the damage is too low i almost thing is glitched and do nothing

FIX IDEAS!

-Creeper,
make creepers attack castle only once but for masive damage (like an actual creeper), if a creeper is killed in the way will stun the tower that killed him for 10-15 seconds (increase with creeper lvl)
-Silverfish/endermite, make this troop very cheap, almost like zombies, so this is a weak, cheap early game flying troop because the brazes are in Mid game
-Pigmen, i actualy cant think about nothing for this troop, jut feel unnecesary adding a pigmen when you can add other interesting mobs with interesting skills like endermen, guardians...
Just remove it in the next update and add a better troop in his place, there are no point or interesting feature for this troop actualy existing
-Gigant, icrease speed before is about to die, make the gigant summon special zombies more powerfull instead of useless normal zombies, like the wither summons special wither skelletons, also make the price 5k instead of 6k
OR... increase the price to15k, add a Cap of just one gigant each time, a cooldown of 2 minutes between Gigants, AND... Make gigants able to break towers like the wither or the lightnings

-Leacher, after the 1st leacher is build you will intead build a mini leach 3x3 if you try to build the leacher again, this have lower damage but will still charging the main tower for the skill, also increase the skill damage considerably, is useless, you can have up to 5 Mini leachers
-Poison: Just increase the damage of this tower and will work better

Also some stat balance to this troops and towers

TransGans

Jul 12, 2015
In my experience, the poison tower is a good counter move for when people are rushing you.
E.G. when someone (or occasionally a group of more people) does the well-kown pigman-rush, the poison tower nullifies the whole strategy, since a maxed out poison tower placed at the beginning of a map does more than enough damage.
I also assume that you are familiar with the send-the-skeletons-lvl4-strategy, where the poison tower can also be a game-changer (early/mid-game). It reduces the hp of the mobs by ~50%, which is a huge benefit.
Having said all those pro's, the sucky thing with the poison tower is that you pretty much only need one of them. Placing a second poison tower is useless.

I also have some opinions on the problems with some of the other towers and mobs, but this is the one that 'bothers' me the most.

Reactions: Jevmen

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
In my experience, the poison tower is a good counter move for when people are rushing you.
E.G. when someone (or occasionally a group of more people) does the well-kown pigman-rush, the poison tower nullifies the whole strategy, since a maxed out poison tower placed at the beginning of a map does more than enough damage.
I also assume that you are familiar with the send-the-skeletons-lvl4-strategy, where the poison tower can also be a game-changer (early/mid-game). It reduces the hp of the mobs by ~50%, which is a huge benefit.
Having said all those pro's, the sucky thing with the poison tower is that you pretty much only need one of them. Placing a second poison tower is useless.

I also have some opinions on the problems with some of the other towers and mobs, but this is the one that 'bothers' me the most.
yeah, but for that you already have a bunch of mage towers arround because of the spiders

Jevmen

Forum Expert
Sep 17, 2017
Hallownest
Both pigmen and skeletons are immune to mage towers.
Edit: they are not the only ones
yeah, i usualy place 1 infinite poison ower at the start an then i forget it exists.
the other path must be buffed a bit, is just a mage tower that stacks damage with mage towers the 2nd path is very worthless, you can place other towers instead

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
Adding someone like endermen or guardians would be really cool imo.

One idea I had was that if they add the evoker, it could have two lives. So it uses it's totem of undying and you have to kill it again. Although imo it would have to be a late game item, or a more balanced midgame item.

No idea if it would be good, just a thought.

TransGans

Jul 12, 2015
Adding someone like endermen or guardians would be really cool imo.

One idea I had was that if they add the evoker, it could have two lives. So it uses it's totem of undying and you have to kill it again. Although imo it would have to be a late game item, or a more balanced midgame item.

No idea if it would be good, just a thought.
An evoker would be cool, but a technical difficulty is that it was added in 1.11, meaning previous versions aren't compatible.

At first I thought that a second life would be the same as 2x hp, but there are a few other things:
-If a permanent poison effect were to be applied to the evoker in its first life, it would no longer have the effect in its second.
-Witches can give mobs all their hp back, but giving an evoker 2 lives would set a limit on the regen abilities from a witch to an evoker.

Any other things that an evoker has that would make it special?

Reactions: Foodie

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
Any other things that an evoker has that would make it special?

So I've found this

" Behavior. Evokers are hostile towards players, villagers, and Iron Golems within a 16-block range. One of their attacks summons tiny hostile pixies called Vexes. Their second attack spell summons several clamp-traps from the ground in either a ring or a long line, depending on their target's distance. "

So they are hostile to iron golems, maybe they could do good damage to iron golems that get spawned by the towers. They also spawn Vexes, so that could be something they use to attack with. I'm not sure what clamp-traps could be used for though.

It sucks that it wouldn't work with the current version though, maybe if it gets upgraded to a later version it could be added.

benc_

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2020
england
I agree the point with the giant - as it costs 3000 exp to unlock it seems kind of pointless, as it's cheaper to upgrade and purchase smaller mobs who make more of a difference; such as blaze or spiders and as it's so expensive to get it just doesn't seem to do a lot of damage, especially with all the towers.
Personally I've found pigmen can be quite useful when they're spammed across and can sometimes inflict a lot of damage, considerably a lot more than zombies.
I also found that I was unlocking silverfish as my second thing quite early on so again, I don't really think that there's a huge problem with them, especially as they fly, making them more of a nuisance.
I also think the point of the leacher tower is to be like that because if you had multiple, so lots of 'death rays' at once it would probably make whichever side that could afford it very over powered.

benc_

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2020
england
So I've found this

" Behavior. Evokers are hostile towards players, villagers, and Iron Golems within a 16-block range. One of their attacks summons tiny hostile pixies called Vexes. Their second attack spell summons several clamp-traps from the ground in either a ring or a long line, depending on their target's distance. "

So they are hostile to iron golems, maybe they could do good damage to iron golems that get spawned by the towers. They also spawn Vexes, so that could be something they use to attack with. I'm not sure what clamp-traps could be used for though.

It sucks that it wouldn't work with the current version though, maybe if it gets upgraded to a later version it could be added.

Although I think this would be a nice idea, I don't think the concept of something attacking your existing troops is a good idea - as the immunity to specific towers (personally) is already something good enough like this. However, it would be interesting if they disabled that specific tower to all enemies until the evoker moved past?

Reactions: Foodie

Foodie

Dec 28, 2018
Although I think this would be a nice idea, I don't think the concept of something attacking your existing troops is a good idea - as the immunity to specific towers (personally) is already something good enough like this. However, it would be interesting if they disabled that specific tower to all enemies until the evoker moved past?
Oh that's a really good idea, I much prefer that to attacking the troops. It could also mean a bit more strategy rather than spamming your own troops mindlessly (at least this is what I've found works), adding in evokers at the right time would be quite fun.

Reactions: benc_
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I was just looking at the member list when I discovered something. I fail to believe that I am probably the first and the only person to have "Mint" in their username (probably).
I mean- come on, it isn't that bad-
how.PNG

I wanted to promote random people to admins and demote all the old staff, but here I am.
a9o2 wrote on camulos's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!😍
a9o2 wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥰
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday Henlo! 🎊
Top Bottom