Votes: 48 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Shapelessed

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Poland
Well, hello there! I suppose many friends will support my idea but that's not the case. I want you, the comunity to decide if you want this map to be added to Tower Defence. I spent lots of time building it, fixing mistakes and checking for similarities on already implemented TD maps. My intend was to build a good looking, playable map that would be different than the others. :) Feel free to give your feedback and share your concerns if you have any! ;)

• Map name: Battle of colors
  • Creators: @ShapelessArchery @Hoshi @Nutuu @Kozi
  • Description: This map is based fully on human imagination. It's a magical place where the fight of two colors takes place. Who as a child has never dreamed of magic? This map is here to bring some of that magic to the game of Tower Defence. Of course not everyone is worthy knowing the secrets of magic arts. Come and fight! Prove you're worthy!
Special thanks to @Fisktratt for her feedback and all her help!
Without dragging, here's what the map looks like!

Blue path.png

Blue path 2.png

Blue - top view.png

Blue castle.png

Red path.png

Red path 2.png

Red - top view.png

Red castle.png

Catle - top view.png

Castle side.png

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
I'll give this a yes because the map is pretty decent, even though I'm not entirely sure of the theme... When I see the word 'crystals' I think of stuff like this...

gUKhtLq.jpg

VuXuPsY.jpg

Qfj1RHX.jpg

c26Hq8E.jpg

...and there's nothing in your map that comes close. Not sure how else you could call this map as it's a pretty boring theme. Just some grass and rocks... The only thing that makes it interesting in terms of builds are the custom colourful trees. But yep, as I said, it's decent and there's not that many Tower Defence map submissions so I'll give it my yes

EDIT: Yes, I've seen the small crystals here and there but there's way too few to name the map after them

Reactions: LlTE

Shapelessed

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Poland
I'll give this a yes because the map is pretty decent, even though I'm not entirely sure of the theme... When I see the word 'crystals' I think of stuff like this...

...and there's nothing in your map that comes close. Not sure how else you could call this map as it's a pretty boring theme. Just some grass and rocks... The only thing that makes it interesting in terms of builds are the custom colourful trees. But yep, as I said, it's decent and there's not that many Tower Defence map submissions so I'll give it my yes

EDIT: Yes, I've seen the small crystals here and there but there's way too few to name the map after them

As I said, give me any concerns you have about it. I agree there's not a lot of these crystals, but I didn't want to overdo it.
If there's more concerns like this, then I will surely come up with some ideas on how to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LlTE

Kazwa

Sr. Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
I like the map it looks pretty good and I think that this would be a great addition to the Tower Defence maps.

Reactions: Dubbz and LlTE

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
The effort y'all have put into this map is amazing, good job! It looks very spectaculair . The size of the trees and their colours is amazing so I'll defenitely give this one a yes.

Reactions: Matriox and LlTE

CrystalDrop

Dedicated Member
Aug 9, 2017
USA
This is very pretty and I would totally play on this. I do have a question though, can you release the length of the track and amount of spots for towers? (such as how many 3x3's and 5x5's) Thank you and good luck!

Reactions: Dubbz

Magda_Korra

Novice Member
May 22, 2020
This map looks great however I would not play on it because of the end. It's only about 12 blocks to castle which would not help with defense when troops are close. Only about 4 towers could get the full range. This is the only thing I would change to make this a super good map so I would vote yes with this change.

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Ofcourse, I'm not a Tower Defence player but sometimes I do. This is an example of a perfect Tower Defence map. It has nice details and every thing is connected with each other.

Would love to play on, my answer is YES! :)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Matriox

AssassinJillian

Aug 6, 2016
I love how this map looks! My only concern is what @Magda_Korra said above about the towers not being close enough to the castle... I voted yes but I would like to see that small change. Other than that, good job and I hope to see this map added!

Reactions: Dubbz

Savvy

Aug 31, 2019
I love the overall layout of the trees, however i believe its missing something that would give it the wow factor. And like @Magda_Korra and @AssassinJillian please increase the towers to the ending castle . Personally I would not play on this map due to this fact, it affects the game in certain situations. Overall the map is well done with just minor issues.

• Love
Reactions: KClights and Dubbz

Shapelessed

Novice Member
Jan 19, 2020
Poland
I'm currently thinking of actually leaving this project, and starting it over from scratch.
Now that I have enough opinions, I can make it look way better.

Dubbz

May 3, 2020
While I do like this map and the idea behind it, I have to give it a no for the following reasons:

Theme: While there are a few areas with nice colors representing the red and blue teams, there just isn't enough. Sure you have the trees, the guards, and the top of the castle as well as a tent-looking thing but that's about it. There's plenty of room for more ideas with how much open grass there is, and even the details already there can be colorized (i/e the pools on both sides of the map). Also, the trees look incredibly similar to the trees on Zen other than the colors.

Gameplay: This has been said several times already, but it's a valid point: There are no tower spaces near the castle. This means that other than the one tower placed nearest to the castle (the one only on the left side but not the right), no tower is going to be able to reach the mobs at the castle, meaning the only way to kill them is to do so with sword/bow (other than the castle guards, which break at armageddon). This means you can't defend the castle nearly as well as on other maps, which is a major problem. The best way I can see to fix this is to move the guards closer to the castle and maybe make the islands they sit on bigger for tower space. Also, the map looks incredibly short (with my rough estimate on counting, maybe 200 blocks). Considering that Pandora Falls, the current shortest map, is ~240 blocks, this is incredibly short which means it's very easy for mobs to reach the castle which is already hard to defend. Also, unless there are barriers at the end of the path where it looks like it breaks, it looks like pathfinding may be a problem considering that there's no ground for the mobs to walk on in most areas there, but if there are barriers it does look cool and should be kept!

Other than this, the map looks good, and if these things get changed I will definitely change my vote. It's nice to see other people making TD maps, there's not nearly enough and needs some variety.

EDIT: Sorry dark mode users for making my post hard to read before!

Attachments

• 2020-06-01_15.43.31.png
    2020-06-01_15.43.31.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 80

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
great map! you can see how much work went into it , it really pays off when it looks so well built and amazing at the end, love it !
definetly should be added

Gatsbe

Jan 13, 2016
Gameplay: This has been said several times already, but it's a valid point: There are no tower spaces near the castle. This means that other than the one tower placed nearest to the castle (the one only on the left side but not the right), no tower is going to be able to reach the mobs at the castle, meaning the only way to kill them is to do so with sword/bow (other than the castle guards, which break at armageddon). This means you can't defend the castle nearly as well as on other maps, which is a major problem. The best way I can see to fix this is to move the guards closer to the castle and maybe make the islands they sit on bigger for tower space. Also, the map looks incredibly short (with my rough estimate on counting, maybe 200 blocks). Considering that Pandora Falls, the current shortest map, is ~240 blocks, this is incredibly short which means it's very easy for mobs to reach the castle which is already hard to defend. Also, unless there are barriers at the end of the path where it looks like it breaks, it looks like pathfinding may be a problem considering that there's no ground for the mobs to walk on in most areas there, but if there are barriers it does look cool and should be kept!
you have a few good points but i just wanted to clarify something. the current shortest map is Desert, which is 192-253 blocks long (depending on which path you take). yes, this map is very short but i dont feel like its a bad thing. the shortness of the map allows for different and refreshing gameplay compared to incredibly long maps like demon (355), zen (348), and portal (360).

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom