Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

dev_Revs

Oct 22, 2016
Your server has some of the best gamemodes and team gamemodes such as eggwars. It would be efficient if you hosted a tournament for the community to participate in. Would bring a more fun and competitive side to the server.
Thoughts?

dev_Revs

Oct 22, 2016
Not really, I come from a strictly competitive server. Arcade is something different :) this is like teams competing to be the best

dev_Revs

Oct 22, 2016
This wouldn't work due to the vast number of different time zones prominent players live in, all the way between GMT-7 and GMT+2
trust me timezones are the easiest part of running a tournament. If players care and its not an outrageous time, they will show.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
trust me timezones are the easiest part of running a tournament. If players care and its not an outrageous time, they will show.
That's the exact reason all tournaments have been denied. Also, have you ever run a tournament? Timezones would make it very difficult if not impossible. You can't have teams nine hours apart compete during a school week so this would take absolutely forever because it needs to be a bracket format and so many bad teams will join it will take three months to get to the DECENT matches.

dev_Revs

Oct 22, 2016
That's the exact reason all tournaments have been denied. Also, have you ever run a tournament? Timezones would make it very difficult if not impossible. You can't have teams nine hours apart compete during a school week so this would take absolutely forever because it needs to be a bracket format and so many bad teams will join it will take three months to get to the DECENT matches.
Ive ran three tournaments and been apart of six. You obviously don't know how to run them because you wouldn't do they during a school week. Weekends or when a international school holiday is going on is the best time. Your argument is pathetic. It would not take three months to get it done, one month at most if you know what you are doing. If bad teams want to enter let them, they have their right to. You pair teams to play teams who have the closest timezone. then when it gets down to it, you decide whats the most reasonable time for both teams.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
Ive ran three tournaments and been apart of six. You obviously don't know how to run them because you wouldn't do they during a school week. Weekends or when a international school holiday is going on is the best time. Your argument is pathetic. It would not take three months to get it done, one month at most if you know what you are doing. If bad teams want to enter let them, they have their right to. You pair teams to play teams who have the closest timezone. then when it gets down to it, you decide whats the most reasonable time for both teams.
We have 300,000 players join daily. I'll be nice and say that 100,000 people play eggwars. That's about 2 to the 17th power. This would require 18 weekends to run if everything went perfectly. But again, not everyone is available at an exact time that is given, meaning that a lot of rescheduling is required. Multiply the amount of weekends by three and make it 54. That's over a year. And I'll give another example of time zone issues. Say we had a match like this:

Me, @YounB , and @CyanYellow vs. @zDutchie , @zRinne , and @Dai_Matsumoto (DWA)

If the match was scheduled for 11:00 AM British Daylight Time, the match times for the players would look somewhat like this:

6:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 3:00 AM vs 12:00 PM, 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM

I don't think the average player would be willing to play someone on a 12-16 hour time difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyan and Younisco

TheExpertGriefer

Oct 15, 2016
QuackoNumerUno is right.Everyone has different timezones so unless you host a different tournament for separate timezone it could work.I also mentioned this idea in my suggestion thread :D

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
QuackoNumerUno is right.Everyone has different timezones so unless you host a different tournament for separate timezone it could work.I also mentioned this idea in my suggestion thread :D
Even that wouldn't work. 65% of our player base lives in the time zones of GMT+1 and GMT+2 time zones, as well as most of the really good PvPers such as @Thefty . The Asian-Australian tournament would have barely any participants. Good thinking though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
UncleSpect wrote on Gokhan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom