Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Duels, try to stay on topic!

clory

Dec 2, 2020
USA
Due to the state of the java server, I've been trying to improve at bedrock edition. Any tips on improvement, especially on starting combos?
I've tried searching for bedrock tutorials on starting combos, although most of them are based on the hive, which has a completely different knockback system. AFAIK, bedrock doesn't have w-tapping, are there any other tricks I could use? Does cps matter in a combo? Thanks, much appreciated.

Reactions: Cube Nerd

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
In cubecraft, it is hart to start combos, all I do is hit and aim, and it has gotten me far. I would recomend butterfly clicking, if you have the mouse. Strafing is very important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it's allways a good idea to try and surprise

clory

Dec 2, 2020
USA
In cubecraft, it is hart to start combos, all I do is hit and aim, and it has gotten me far. I would recomend butterfly clicking, if you have the mouse. Strafing is very important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it's allways a good idea to try and surprise
I just normal click, as I can only butterfly 11-12 so it doesn't give too much of an advantage. I am fairly good with my aim and strafing as well. I usually win most of my fights, although there's a lot of hit trading. I've seen a few montages online and people can combo pretty well and get people pretty far into the air, although I have no idea how it's done.

mismut

Jan 27, 2021
Czech Republic
Pronouns
He/Him
Due to the state of the java server, I've been trying to improve at bedrock edition. Any tips on improvement, especially on starting combos?
I've tried searching for bedrock tutorials on starting combos, although most of them are based on the hive, which has a completely different knockback system. AFAIK, bedrock doesn't have w-tapping, are there any other tricks I could use? Does cps matter in a combo? Thanks, much appreciated.
Yes you dont have to W tap on bedrock

I'd say cps is way less important than on java because you get the same kb while clicking 5 cps and 30

I recommend learning how to jump reset, jump at the exact time you get hit and it will reduce most of the knockback :)

clory

Dec 2, 2020
USA
Yes you dont have to W tap on bedrock

I'd say cps is way less important than on java because you get the same kb while clicking 5 cps and 30

I recommend learning how to jump reset, jump at the exact time you get hit and it will reduce most of the knockback :)
Ah yeah, I've heard about jump reducing being very good on bedrock, but always had trouble timing it. On the java server I always used the opponent's arm swing as a visual indicator to do the jump, however on bedrock with the spam clicking its a bit harder. Any way to try to time it right, or is it just a guessing thing?

mismut

Jan 27, 2021
Czech Republic
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah yeah, I've heard about jump reducing being very good on bedrock, but always had trouble timing it. On the java server I always used the opponent's arm swing as a visual indicator to do the jump, however on bedrock with the spam clicking its a bit harder. Any way to try to time it right, or is it just a guessing thing?
to be honest i have no idea how i learned and practiced it but i think that it will just come with the time, just play games and focus on the hit sound and the arm, you will eventually stop looking at the arm and start to do it automatically

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
I just normal click, as I can only butterfly 11-12 so it doesn't give too much of an advantage. I am fairly good with my aim and strafing as well. I usually win most of my fights, although there's a lot of hit trading. I've seen a few montages online and people can combo pretty well and get people pretty far into the air, although I have no idea how it's done.
It depends on if the player is laggy or not. So for example if a player is laggy just hit as fast as possible but if he’s not time your hits.

Usurper

Novice Member
Sep 11, 2021
The Great White North
To be honest bedrock PvP is far different from Java. Sprint resetting is non existent. Combos are less momentum based and more spacing based. A w-tap is still a great skill in bedrock to hold combos because it creates the perfect spacing. It DOESNT deal more kb. Strafing is very important as it can end a trade and start a combo for either party. Aim is always important and I'd say the most fundamental skill you can have. Doesn't matter how good your combos are if your tracking sucks. Practice holding consistent spacing in combos so you don't get hit. Jump resetting is a clutch way of evading the void in a pinch but if done wrong will end up sending you back with even more kb. If you plan on playing duels or skywars learn how to aim projectiles like snowballs and eggs. It's basically like rods in java. GLHF

Reactions: legendaryfox977

Flip1482242

Dec 12, 2021
You Don't Need To Know.......
Pronouns
He/Him
p
practice like i have for 4 yrs + watch related

Flip1482242

Dec 12, 2021
You Don't Need To Know.......
Pronouns
He/Him
Actual response:
1 Get a good mouse (i assume u have)
Strafing is the key. Once you hit your opponent you want to strafe all the time left or right, Btw ur DPI should not be that high that when you click ur crosshair moves around too much. (mine is 700) After hitting him once you want to strafe and keep ur crosshair on the opponent. even if ur not clos u should target lock the opponent. I recommend installing onix client since everyone uses it and its very useful including toggle sprint (just search it up on yt and click or patarhd's vid about it. Use hitboxes in onix and always hit the bottom part since it is easier to combo anyway gtg

Reactions: legendaryfox977

c8p1lu

Novice Member
Aug 28, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him

My advice is just master movement and furiously clicking and trying to maintain accuracy.

And to answer does cps matter in a combo, yes and no.
If you're fighting someone who's actually good/decent yes you need to click more consistently then them if they are not so good or new try to maintain a rhythm in your combo and go from slow to fast.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom