Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you watch reports?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 12, 2017
So i have been reporting hackers now for about a week and i have to say it takes too long to report and often doesn't get resolved for a few days. So i think it would be very beneficial for mods to have people look at the reports as well as them but have no option to ban, but simply give it a tick or cross if they think they are hacking or not, pretty much like CSGO Overwatch. So the mods can look at the ticks and ban quickly instead of looking at legit players or something, not really thought it through a lot but it seems like a good idea.

Reactions: _KTW_ and Biscut

Kieron

Dec 12, 2015
I agree with you on the fact that it takes a long time for hackers to get banned after you report them. However, there are only limited staff and they get sent 500+ hacker reports a day. Alongside this, they are developing a new anti-cheat plugin which will stop them so will take them even longer. It's up to CubeCraft if this "Report Checker" rank will be given a green light. In my opinion, there is no such need as the anti-cheat plugin is only round the corner!
:)

Biscut

Mar 4, 2017
I think this
I agree with you on the fact that it takes a long time for hackers to get banned after you report them. However, there are only limited staff and they get sent 500+ hacker reports a day. Alongside this, they are developing a new anti-cheat plugin which will stop them so will take them even longer. It's up to CubeCraft if this "Report Checker" rank will be given a green light. In my opinion, there is no such need as the anti-cheat plugin is only round the corner!
:)
But anti cheat plugins are not as effect as youd think. It relies on packets received and sent, it would also require hourly updates. I personally think the ideal of a public sentencing or as Rabbit suggested, viewing reports, like in overwatch, would be an effect way to funnel hackers.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
So i have been reporting hackers now for about a week and i have to say it takes too long to report and often doesn't get resolved for a few days. So i think it would be very beneficial for mods to have people look at the reports as well as them but have no option to ban, but simply give it a tick or cross if they think they are hacking or not, pretty much like CSGO Overwatch. So the mods can look at the ticks and ban quickly instead of looking at legit players or something, not really thought it through a lot but it seems like a good idea.
the one thing is the first need to watch the video if the report is a hacker or 2 teamers
so that is already 5 minutes or less
plus if it was denied they need to give the reason why it was denied
and they have to see if that player was already banned or muted
I think that this wouldn't make a huge difference but it could be a very useful thing if they checked a box with the reason they denied it (if they did) but it is a good idea

Reactions: Kieron

KitKatkels17

Jul 27, 2016
Candy - https://discord.gg/rcQfj8v
I think this

But anti cheat plugins are not as effect as youd think. It relies on packets received and sent, it would also require hourly updates. I personally think the ideal of a public sentencing or as Rabbit suggested, viewing reports, like in overwatch, would be an effect way to funnel hackers.

Yes but you see The whole reason the anti-chest is taking a while is because CubeCraft is trying to perfect it in every possible way and to three steps ahead of the hackers so I am Confident that this one will be different from the rest, isn't that what CubeCrafts Known for being different?

xXNiChO_29Xx

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
How does this benefit Staff?
It would start a War between Hackers and Legal Players (Who report Hackers).
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jan 12, 2017
No thank you.

Good suggestion but it's not very efficient. Players will gather their friends together and thick videos of legit players.
This doesn't benefit staff in any way.

In my honest opinion it's good as it is right now.
i see your point but i just want to do something more than reporting.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
This idea has Pros and Cons,
Cons are as zDutchie said "Players will gather their friends together and thick videos of legit players." That could be a problem
Pros are It may save some time.

There is just under 100 staff for now, imagine you get onto cube craft ( as a staff ) and there are 500+ reports for you to go through. I don't think you can do it all in one day could you? So please be patient.

-Godzley_Playz

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
I think this

You cant view reports in overwatch. Also Overwatch is backes by blizzard a company qith hundreds of employeea. Cubecraft is supported by a small group of volunteers and some paid developers.

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
People won't stop complaining about how bad the hackers are on cubecraft, and that cubecraft is "unplayable", but it's really not. Yes it can be annoying at times, and yes you can lose that game that you should have won, but that is on almost all servers, because minecraft is such an open source game. Cubecraft is playable, because most of you all still play it. All these post giving "new" suggestions are only so useful, because they have heard them all. From adding /report to creating more staff, they have seen it. They can only do so much. I could give the golden post of "please be patient and wait for the anti-cheat" but what is the point. There will be a new magic idea tomorrow thinking they can re-make the report system. Just try to have fun, report who you can, and wait... It's all we can do.

Sorry if this was too big a rant thread for cubecraft it was just getting annoying. Have fun and roll some heads.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Well, my problem is that all my reports are getting closed because they got punished in another report, also I don't think it's really necessary because staff members have a life to, maybe CubeCraft needs more staff members. :)

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
Well, my problem is that all my reports are getting closed because they got punished in another report, also I don't think it's really necessary because staff members have a life to, maybe CubeCraft needs more staff members. :)

I would agree, I don't think there is harm in more staff members. Just more people working to make cube craft better!

Reactions: Troublesomee

Proditio

Dec 16, 2016
United States
I would agree, I don't think there is harm in more staff members. Just more people working to make cube craft better!
they have to be careful about adding staff because if they put in to many things are bound to go wrong. power corrupts don't you know. One bad move and a lot of things could go downhill very fast.

RayzMC

Feb 3, 2017
Summer
they have to be careful about adding staff because if they put in to many things are bound to go wrong. power corrupts don't you know. One bad move and a lot of things could go downhill very fast.

More helpers doesn't mean too many, they ( Application team ) will choose the ones that are suitable for this kinda thing. Yes, you are right at the same time, if we are not careful, thing can do down hill fast.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!
caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats... finally!!! Welcome to the team 🩷
caraMel wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats!!! Welcome back to the team 🩷
Top Bottom