Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Say you made a good suggestion with no real downside. You tell people to explain if they vote no. (example: no, explain) Someone decides that your idea isnt good, so they vote "no" but dont tell us what the flaw in the idea is, like what the heck? I'm thinking that we make a poll option where certain poll options require you to say why you agree/disagree or other. Just a heads up peeps 🍭

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Say you made a good suggestion with no real downside. You tell people to explain if they vote no. (example: no, explain) Someone decides that your idea isnt good, so they vote "no" but dont tell us what the flaw in the idea is, like what the heck? I'm thinking that we make a poll option where certain poll options require you to say why you agree/disagree or other. Just a heads up peeps 🍭

People could abuse this and make it everything explainable or use it to influence or steer voting. Along with no idea is flawless including the fact that every idea can have problems so it wouldn't be fair to assume that. -1

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
People could abuse this and make it everything explainable or use it to influence or steer voting. Along with no idea is flawless including the fact that every idea can have problems so it wouldn't be fair to assume that. -1
The problem isnt the mistakes in the idea. The problem is the person not telling us what the problem in the idea is

Anneum

Dedicated Member
Jan 4, 2020
The Avatar Universe
Pronouns
She/Her
I disagree. if they don't want to explain why they voted no, they don't have to. You can't force them to explain their opinion. I understand that it may be annoying that someone votes no without saying why but you can't force them. If this would be implemented many players would stop voting no on threads they disagree with just because they have to reply to the thread to vote and that wouldn't be a good thing. Also, it would cause a lot of unnecessary replies since players would just write a short reply so they're able to vote.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
If you disagree with an idea that's fine. But if theres no surface flaws and it seems like a great feature then even a small sentence explaining the problem is fine, as long as we understand your reasoning

ChiefAaron

Aug 15, 2020
This is a very great idea because polls in general tend to be bias and unfair, but adding that option would make it more accurate and understanding from the POV of other people. However, there should be an option to have this option in a poll. Not every poll should ask why you chose that answer, because some or simple questions that don't need an explanation. Great idea, this should definitely get some attention!

Reactions: Katsia Stray

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
This is a very great idea because polls in general tend to be bias and unfair, but adding that option would make it more accurate and understanding from the POV of other people. However, there should be an option to have this option in a poll. Not every poll should ask why you chose that answer, because some or simple questions that don't need an explanation. Great idea, this should definitely get some attention!
Yeah that's what I mean. It's not on every poll, and not on every vote

Reactions: ChiefAaron

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
Yeah that can really frustrate sometimes xd. A poll with an option where you have to write something to vote is a great idea! Unfortunately I'm afraid that people who wouldn't normally explain why they voted no, would just reply with one character just to be able to vote :/.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Yeah that can really frustrate sometimes xd. A poll with an option where you have to write something to vote is a great idea! Unfortunately I'm afraid that people who wouldn't normally explain why they voted no, would just reply with one character just to be able to vote :/.
Yes thank you. I doubt they'd do that since staff would probably get annoyed with people doing that. Besides, I'm thinking that the poll editor can choose how many characters minimum (it applies to all options so its fair) between 1 and maybe 20 minimum
Yes, voting no does not help the thread at all without a reason as to why they voted no
Yes that's my point these people dont agree because they are the ones to bot downvote ideas

Reactions: MeliodasWrath

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
Personally I vote no. If people don't want to say anything, they don't have to, and they won't, they will just write 'no' or something else. They might not agree, but they don't have to say why.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
Personally I vote no. If people don't want to say anything, they don't have to, and they won't, they will just write 'no' or something else. They might not agree, but they don't have to say why.
If they have a problem with the idea, it's more useful to the person who made the poll and the staff if they had an explanation. It didnt have to be longer than a sentence, but it's better to get feedback rather than just dragging down the poll

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
If they have a problem with the idea, it's more useful to the person who made the poll and the staff if they had an explanation. It didnt have to be longer than a sentence, but it's better to get feedback rather than just dragging down the poll
It is, but like I said nobody can force people to speak. Personally I would love people to explain, but I just don't think people being forced to talk is a good thing.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
It is, but like I said nobody can force people to speak. Personally I would love people to explain, but I just don't think people being forced to talk is a good thing.
They aren't being forced to talk, either they ignore the thread, or downvote with a simple explanation that way they arent dragging down the entire poll for no reason

MeliodasWrath

Aug 27, 2019
the UK *sips tea*
They aren't being forced to talk, either they ignore the thread, or downvote with a simple explanation that way they arent dragging down the entire poll for no reason
People should be allowed to vote without talking. As I said I would love it if they did talk, but they should still be allowed an opinion without having to say anything.

Katsia Stray

May 18, 2020
Jupiter
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/She/They
People should be allowed to vote without talking. As I said I would love it if they did talk, but they should still be allowed an opinion without having to say anything.
If they want to show their opinion, they could at least not downvote the entire thing without a simple explanation. Besides, it's not helping anyone if you say no with no valid points or you are better off not using a poll at all

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom