Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Censoring in itself is stupid enough, if people want to say a word they can easily bypass the filter. "Tr(_)mp" "Trvmp" "Current elect-president of America" etc. The only thing it does it prevent people from having a normal conversation:
Could you put a chest right there? Nope, no swearing in Spanish on our server.
facepalm.jpg~c200

Or that time when "ez" was blocked, A lot of people had "ez" in their name so now their IGN was censored. Great.
It's easy to bypass and only annoys people.

codexprivateㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
α муѕтяισυѕ ρƖαcє
Censoring in itself is stupid enough, if people want to say a word they can easily bypass the filter. "Tr(_)mp" "Trvmp" "Current elect-president of America" etc. The only thing it does it prevent people from having a normal conversation:
Could you put a chest right there? Nope, no swearing in Spanish on our server.
facepalm.jpg~c200

Or that time when "ez" was blocked, A lot of people had "ez" in their name so now their IGN was censored. Great.
It's easy to bypass and only annoys people.
If that is your motivation then why an anticheat am I right? There will be a bypass AM I RIGHT why ban people when they have alts? easy to bypass AM I RIGHT?

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Hello. The reason why we added the word Donald Trump to the filter, is because we do NOT want people to start a political flame-war in our server. Once his name is mentioned, I can guarantee that someone will get "triggered" and begin to have a political debate in the chat -- that is simply unacceptable and we do not want that to happen.

My response to another thread which was about the same issue.
To add on to this its secondary reason is its been abused to insult people which is not wanted either, you will find "jew" blocked out for the same exact reason, insult abuse

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Oh no! We wouldn't want your special little snowflakes to get triggered by a person's name. Boohoo. God forbid the name "Donald Trump" should trigger a precious little snowflake. If these fricking safe-space-dependent morons are getting triggered by a person's name, they should probably get the frick off the internet right now. What a pathetic server. I suppose I'll just sit back and sip from my liberal tears mug as CubeCrap censors all opposing opinions and anything that might be remotely controversial.
Let me try to explain to you in Leymans terms then.
-Lobby chat-
Player 1: I agree with what Donald Trump did, and I'm glad he won!
Player 2: You're an idiot, Donald Trump is not a good person.
Player 1: Oh really? But he -information-
Player 2: But he also -information-
Player 1: that means he -information-
*Flame War drags out*

This is a server which is meant to be child friendly, and in no way do we want people to start an argument about politics. If you want to talk about politics, then go to a chat room -- I'm sure there's plenty scattered around the Internet.

Reactions: ♡McKingOp♡

♡McKingOp♡

Nov 27, 2015
Lobby 1 of everywhere
If this thread can get so many people triggered how the heck are you going to tell me talking about Donald Trump in a lobby of very diverse pepole will not make them triggered if Hillarys name was causing wars in the chat it would also be filtered the majority of are staff dont even live in America as far as I know this is silly to say that they are anti-republican when they have there own Prime whatherever to worry about.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Let me try to explain to you in Leymans terms then.
-Lobby chat-
Player 1: I agree with what Donald Trump did, and I'm glad he won!
Player 2: You're an idiot, Donald Trump is not a good person.
Player 1: Oh really? But he -information-
Player 2: But he also -information-
Player 1: that means he -information-
*Flame War drags out*

This is a server which is meant to be child friendly, and in no way do we want people to start an argument about politics. If you want to talk about politics, then go to a chat room -- I'm sure there's plenty scattered around the Internet.
*Cough* twitter *cough*

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.
I am deeply sorry that our filter has made you upset, really. As Younis said, the purpose of the filter is to prevent political wars in the chat. He gave you the answer as to why we have blocked the name. You don't have to agree with us, but please be mature about it and look at it from a different perspective. We're a child friendly server.

If you want it to change, making a thread about it isn't going to get you any further. You should try making a conversation with higher staff, although I very much doubt anything is going to change.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom